Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 01-25-2008, 10:26 AM   #1
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute
Default Your Top 5 Sports Moments of all time

I dunno if this thread has been made before but...

Obviously..since we are such avid sports fans (since we are on a sports board)...We have had some pretty great and heartbreaking moments for sports...It would be nice to share some of these moments..

Only rule is that it has to be seen in person LIVE or on TV. It cannot be after the fact.

My top 5. (thus far...freaking Mavericks please get a championship to move to #1)

5. Vince Young defeats UM in Rosebowl. All media and many sports fans exclaimed that Texas should not have been there..that the Rosebowl should have been kept to a PAC10 & Big 10 matchup. Boy were they proven wrong..since it was probably the most exciting game of the 2004 bowl season.

4. Dirk and1s Manu. This was the series and the game that was supposed to put us over the hump. We could finally compete & beat the spurts.

3. Jerry Rice breaks all-time TD record vs the Raiders. a tough catch...but it proves that good things happen to great people..those who work hard at it. G.O.A.T.

2. MJ's shot over Byron Russell...shouldve been a great way to go out. G.O.A.T.

1. VY destroys USC. Everyone was counting UT out but we had superman.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:37 AM   #2
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Mine are all pretty recent, for whatever reason. I've been a sports fan for a long time but I guess the more recent stuff sticks out more.

5) (in person) Oklahoma State @ UT in 2004. Texas was down 35-7 with 30 seconds until the half, but ended a game on a 49-0 run to win 56-35. Greatest comeback in UT football history. The stadium was absolutely electric that night.

4) (in person) 2006 NBA Finals Game 1. I know, the series didn't end the way we wanted it to, but I'll always be able to say that I was at the Mavericks first ever NBA Finals game (which they won via a 32-point performance from the Jet).

3) (in person) Texas @ Ohio State in 2005. The game that catapulted UT to their national title. Loudest stadium in this country, IMO. But you could hear a pindrop throughout 95% of the stadium when Drew Kelson forced that fumble on Justin Zwick to ice the UT victory.

2) (TV) Dirk's and-1 in 2006. This is the only one on the list that I didn't experience in person. Unfortunately, I went to Game 5 in SA and Game 6 in Dallas of that series, which we lost, but couldn't make it to Game 7. Oh well--it was still unbelievable.

1) (in person) Texas's victory over USC in the Rose Bowl. Watched this one from the front row. Not much else more to say.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 01-25-2008 at 10:39 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:51 AM   #3
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

I like number 2
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:27 PM   #4
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

(TV)-Longhorns' 1969 win over Arkansas 15-14--and the ensuing party on The Drag
(TV)-Bill Russell's last game--1969 Game 7 108-106 win over the heavily favored Flakers
(Car radio)-Longhorns' back to back Rose Bowl wins
(In person) My very first NBA game--Eastern Conference Finals, Game 3: Celtics 102--Royals 92 on the day before my birthday
(TV)-THE Catch-1981 NFC Championship Game Joe Montana's pass to Dwight Clark

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams

Last edited by 12 Tone Melodies; 01-25-2008 at 12:35 PM.
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:12 PM   #5
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

in no particular order......

- Nolan Ryan's 5,000th k (saw it live);
- '92 NFC championship game (How 'bout them Cowboys!);
- Superbowl 28 -- the 'boys first drive in the 2nd half was an all-time ass-kickin'....
- Dirk's 50 in game 5 v. the suns;
- the Hail Mary...