Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-11-2007, 01:20 PM   #1
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default Is there a lawyer in the house?

Just bought a house a couple of weeks ago. There's a HUGE pine tree in the yard, effectively killing most of my grass. I found a guy who gave me a quote of $500 to remove the tree, grind the stump, clean up, etc. That was the best price I have seen, so I accepted. They started this morning while I was at work. When I went home for lunch I discovered that they had removed a tree in my NEIGHBOR'S yard!

When I talked to the guy on the phone, I told him my address and told him the tree I wanted cut down was the only tree in my front yard. I said, "it's the huge pine tree in the front yard...the only one in my yard." Well he SAYS that he thought I was talking about the other tree (which was dead) and sitting very close to the property line, but still on the neighbor's side.

Should I be worried about anything? Obviously, it's his mistake that he cut down the wrong tree. I shouldn't have to pay him anything, correct? he told me he'd try to get the neighbors to agree to the same deal he offered me...but, lets be honest, why would they. They could sue the guy if they wanted to, since he altered their property without permission.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:24 PM   #2
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

a) no way you should pay him anything;

b) the guy will be lucky if your neighbors don't give him any grief, he's a nut if he thinks he has a chance at getting them to pay something;

c) that's a pretty funny story.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:29 PM   #3
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

If it was really "dead" dead, then maybe they'll be ok with it?
Old 06-11-2007, 01:32 PM   #4
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

It definitely LOOKED dead. I'm hoping the guy who cut down the tree will just admit his mistake and take the loss.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:36 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

LawBio should be around here somewhere
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:38 PM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
LawBio should be around here somewhere
I can't give you reputation because I need to be more promiscuous with it.... but that was funny.....
Old 06-11-2007, 03:34 PM   #7
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

that is a funny story. What an idiot!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote