Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-13-2007, 09:44 AM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default Uh.......

Mods, i don't know if everybody can read this, or if i got a mod job and nobody told me, but i can definitely read the Mod Lounge.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2007, 09:45 AM   #2
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Mods, i don't know if everybody can read this, or if i got a mod job and nobody told me, but i can definitely read the Mod Lounge.
No, I can read it too.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 06-13-2007 at 10:03 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:47 AM   #3
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I think this happened before. But last time, i didn't go in their lounge.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 06-13-2007, 09:48 AM   #4
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
I think this happened before. But last time, i didn't go in their lounge.
I salute your self-control.

I thought about PMing someone, but I figured they probably know and can't really do much about it until DJ fixes it.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 06-13-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:54 AM   #5
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I alerted u2 first thing this morning, he passed it long to dj. (I think?)

Last edited by Flacolaco; 06-13-2007 at 09:55 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:03 AM   #6
mary
Troll Hunter

Fixed.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:05 AM   #7
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Good, or else one of the kids might've read the thread in there about how santa claus is fake, or about how drbio was really shawn bradley
Old 06-13-2007, 10:07 AM   #8
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the head's up flaco/u2! I finally got around to creating a new usergroup (members must now have have made at least 10 posts before they can create a new thread) but forgot to set the proper permissions.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:08 AM   #9
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbacklash
Thanks for the head's up flaco/u2! I finally got around to creating a new usergroup (members must now have have made at least 10 posts before they can create a new thread) but forgot to set the proper permissions.
Yes! Thank you dj, you're the man.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:14 AM   #10
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Mary hates me now.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:14 AM   #11
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Woohoo!

Goodbye SPAM!!!

Old 06-13-2007, 10:15 AM   #12
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Mary hates me now.

No she doesn't.

Last edited by mary; 06-13-2007 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:19 AM   #13
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

One other issue, but it doesn't really matter. This is what I see for "Display Top Posters"

Old 06-13-2007, 10:21 AM   #14
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Dangit, I missed the sneak peak at the mod lounge?

I'm totally bummed.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:25 AM   #15
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Dang flaco, you're really on top of things this morning
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:26 AM   #16
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Dang flaco, you're really on top of things this morning
I'm listening to the worlds most boring conference call and playing with the board.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:27 AM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
One other issue, but it doesn't really matter. This is what I see for "Display Top Posters"

I think it means that I'm being phased out... just a not too subtle way of letting me know about it.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:29 AM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I'm listening to the worlds most boring conference call and playing with the board.
If I wouldn't have been too busy playing with something else, I could have seen the mod lounge...

Damn
Old 06-13-2007, 10:37 AM   #19
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

giggle
Old 06-13-2007, 10:40 AM   #20
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
If I wouldn't have been too busy playing with something else, I could have seen the mod lounge...

Damn
Are you at work?

Old 06-13-2007, 10:43 AM   #21
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Dangit, I missed the sneak peak at the mod lounge?

I'm totally bummed.
Yeah. There was a thread about what really killed the dinosaurs, who killed JFK, where Elvis is, proof that Stern rigged the finals last year, and Docs' penis size.

But now we'll never know....
Old 06-13-2007, 10:43 AM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

Mary, does work keep you from taking care of business?
Old 06-13-2007, 10:47 AM   #23
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Mary, does work keep you from taking care of business?
I'm still waiting for that private office. But thanks for scoreboarding me.

Last edited by mary; 06-13-2007 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:49 AM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

All I have is a cubicle...
Old 06-13-2007, 10:58 AM   #25
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
All I have is a cubicle...
Well, at the very least, I hope its a corner cubicle.

Otherwise, you're being rude and should just wait for an empty bathroom stall like the rest of us.

Last edited by mary; 06-13-2007 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:26 PM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

Actually, there's a hot in between my cubicle and a buddy of mine... we fire away. If she makes a catch, she wins a prize.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:33 PM   #27
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

With a thread title like that, I guess this one was destined to get horribly off track....
Old 06-13-2007, 01:38 PM   #28
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Aw man I missed the sneak peak at the mod lounge too. Thanks DJ for the new feature of needing 10 posts to start a thread, it will definetly help things around here.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:09 PM   #29
Nash13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Aw man I missed the sneak peak at the mod lounge too. Thanks DJ for the new feature of needing 10 posts to start a thread, it will definetly help things around here.

Ya'll really didn't miss anything. It's so boring in there, even the mods don't post much. I'll be honest, this time i opened one thread.

~The Salesman
Old 06-13-2007, 02:53 PM   #30
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
WOOOO!!!!
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:09 PM   #31
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

you do man!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:51 PM   #32
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

From my experience at other boards I don´t think the 10 posts rule will help. You need a much higher limit than that. You can register and post ten times in a couple minutes and than let the spam fly. To really discourage such behaviour the limit should be at least around 50, better yet 100 posts, before you can start a thread.

An even better solution that should work with vB is to require a minimum positive reputation before you can start a thread, say at least 2-3 green squares.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote