Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
The Ghost of Championship
Banned

The Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
ShamSports has his cap hold for next summer at 3.9Mil, so Deeks seems to be saying that it will be based on the 2.1Mil. And Deeks is, in my opinion, THE authority on contract details and salary info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I don't really know why I'm responding to you, but here:
You have me confused as these are contradicting sources. Which one are you going with? Under Coon, if they can re-sign with Bird Rights then it's 150% of his previous salary. However, in Brand's case, he's already at the 30% max so the cap hold would not be 150% and defer to the 7.5% maximum raise. Under Shamsports, it's 3.9 million which is allegedly based on Coons under the league average = 190% cap hold rule.

Since you guys already unanimously believe I'm royally screwing Utah over with this trade, Brand's cap hold being $19.5 million makes it even worse for Utah. His contract also becomes toxic this summer as we either have to waive rights or hurry up & resign him under his terms to get rid of the cap hold.
The Ghost of Championship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Championship View Post
Since you guys already unanimously believe I'm royally screwing Utah over with this trade, Brand's cap hold being $19.5 million makes it even worse for Utah. His contract also becomes toxic this summer as we either have to waive rights or hurry up & resign him under his terms to get rid of the cap hold.
You know what makes it worse for both parties....the fact he can't be traded.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:02 PM   #3
Banned

The Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
You know what makes it worse for both parties....the fact he can't be traded.
So you want us to just give up? lol How are we supposed to compete with LA's monster, OKC's monster, Miami, & Philadelphia when they add Jefferson to Bynum and that core?

I never understood why fans get so irate over reality staring them in the face. Glad Cuban takes bold leaps and doesn't give up so easily.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Championship View Post
So you want us to just give up? lol How are we supposed to compete with LA's monster, OKC's monster, Miami, & Philadelphia when they add Jefferson to Bynum and that core?

I never understood why fans get so irate over reality staring them in the face. Glad Cuban takes bold leaps and doesn't give up so easily.
Yes...we should give up. This site is officially shutting down because the Mavs couldn't acquire Al Jefferson or Mo Williams.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:38 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Yes...we should give up. This site is officially shutting down because the Mavs couldn't acquire Al Jefferson or Mo Williams.
You are a spunky one aren't ya. I like that, attack dog of the netz!

I heard about your early days on here re: the Harris incident, & don't know what to say about how upset you are with Harris not coming back in The Trade. I don't like Collison either but he is NOT worse than Devin Harris and you know it.

Tags
ghost of cadbane, ghost of fail hard, mental institution