Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-03-2007, 01:59 PM   #1
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of
Default Coach Mav fans--

Asking you to put on your coaching caps and whistles for this question.

After seeing what Lebron can do in the playoffs--

If you were coaching the Spurs, what would you say would be the key points both defensively and offensively and how would you accomplish.

Also--would it be possible for me to start the Game Day thread for game one?

ALso--can we bet with our vchips on this series?
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2007, 02:25 PM   #2
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

No disrespect but I don't understand why you come on Dallas-Mavs and pose questions like these. There are plenty of Spurs message boards. It just seems like your teasing us. Waving candy in front of a fat kid who's trying to go on a diet.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:26 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Because this board rocks. It's full of intelligence and not a ton of knucklehead fans going back and forth. Some but nothing like the spurts boards. Or other mavs boards for that matter except for LoneMavsFan.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:37 PM   #4
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
No disrespect but I don't understand why you come on Dallas-Mavs and pose questions like these. There are plenty of Spurs message boards. It just seems like your teasing us. Waving candy in front of a fat kid who's trying to go on a diet.
With this post.

It's like you're constantly polling dudes and asking for support on women fashion.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:51 PM   #5
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
Also--would it be possible for me to start the Game Day thread for game one?

ALso--can we bet with our vchips on this series?
Of course... and yes.

Now, the vBookie events will have to be threads started by a moderator (probably me) but it doesn't have to necessarily be a game day thread. If you start it I will sticky it.

The general rule of thumb is that if you want your team to win, don't start the GDT until the day OF the game. But it's your team, play with karma if you want.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:57 PM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I think he should start it right now.

Old 06-03-2007, 05:02 PM   #7
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

If I were the Spurs I would get Bowen to play defense on Lebron and accidentally kick him in the face... every single game. I know it won't slow him down but thats probably the only way to bother him at all.

As a Spurs fan you just have to remember that you have the better team, HCA, the better coach, the experience, have come out of the West and are thus battle proven, and have three star caliber players. In theory it should be a cake walk, we'll see what happens after game one and how powerful the Lebron factor really is. Thats all the Cavs have, and it's a scary thought that it might actually be enough if he gets the love many of us are predicting he will.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 05:09 PM   #8
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

I would first of all take note that LeBron's teammates have apparently arrived, and the Jordan Rules will NOT work. I would also take extra care not to be physical this series, because I have a good feeling Spurs fans are going to end up feeling much like we did after last year's Finals.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:08 PM   #9
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

I would sit Duncan. Just to make the series more interesting.
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:18 PM   #10
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjz
I would sit Duncan. Just to make the series more interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vFRNtN19Gk

Thought I'd add here that Bill Simmons picked San Antonio over Cleveland before the season started. And he's...wrong about everything.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:04 PM   #11
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what to expect. I would have said that the Spurs have superior guards and that their production will easily offset any amazing performances by LeBron, but then again I thought Rip and Billups would eat the Cavs guards alive. So, if Hughes, Gibson, and Pavlovic have great series' then watch out Spurs fans.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:36 PM   #12
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
Thought I'd add here that Bill Simmons picked San Antonio over Cleveland before the season started. And he's...wrong about everything.
Is this before or after he called the suns the greatest team in the history of the NBA?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 06-03-2007 at 08:36 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:39 PM   #13
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Finley will be the difference...he will rise and help his team..and we will all watch and wonder what could have been...Go Finley

I still hate the Spurs though

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:11 PM   #14
StackAttack
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
Finley will be the difference...he will rise and help his team..and we will all watch and wonder what could have been...Go Finley

I still hate the Spurs though
I want Fin to do as much as humanly possible to help the Spurs win but still fail.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:01 PM   #15
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I would rather see Fin get one than "King James"...and I really dont like the Spurs so thats saying a lot.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 06-03-2007, 10:06 PM   #16
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Mike Finley sucks ass.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:57 PM   #17
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait when Fin has to guard Lebron for a few possessions every game.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:47 PM   #18
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

I will love Fin hitting big 3's to help the Spurs win..and maybe a vintage DUNK

I would root against the Spurs if it was almost any other team playing them

........GO MAVS
Old 06-04-2007, 01:36 AM   #19
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

He's only going to have vintage dunks if he is playing the Mavs.

Contact Me
Old 06-04-2007, 01:39 AM   #20
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

OK u2, I know you're going to have some GDT to bet on, but my request is that you make one such that we can bet on the series as a whole....i.e.... Spurs in 7, Spus in 6, cavs in 6, cavs in 7, etc, etc....

Bc I need to put down every vpenny and real penny I own on Spurs in 5.

No contest.

Cleveland, and there by extension the entire Eastern conf, is useless.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 06-04-2007 at 01:41 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:36 AM   #21
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I think it goes six.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:58 AM   #22
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i don't like finley, because he didn't play so great in dallas the last few years..and then he goes to the spurs and suddenly hes playing great, hitting 3s, and looking revived and young..

what gives?
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:39 AM   #23
alby
Guru

^ that happens often around the league actually

Contact Me
Old 06-04-2007, 12:05 PM   #24
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
i don't like finley, because he didn't play so great in dallas the last few years..and then he goes to the spurs and suddenly hes playing great, hitting 3s, and looking revived and young..

what gives?
Different team identity. The spurts HAVE to have spot up shooters or their system just doesn't work. They've always accumulated them.

Maybe a different coach as well.

Last edited by dude1394; 06-04-2007 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:15 PM   #25
come_on_now

come_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the rough

Do to LeBron what the Warriors did to Dirk. Make the rest of the team beat them. Our team could have but decided not to. The Cavs' can't.
come_on_now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:28 AM   #26
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX

what gives?
The Duncan Effect .
Old 06-05-2007, 11:23 AM   #27
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest

My fellow Spurs fans are going to want to kill me for saying this, but the truth hurts...

Have you even read a Spurs fan forum before?

Spurstalk?

Spurs Report?

Sorry to say this--but there is no intelligent basketball discussion on those sites. All people do over there is just the usual "Mavs suck," "Lebron sucks", etc etc etc.

What I have always liked about this forum (and why it is the only one that I both write on and support financially) is that there are very well written, well thought out replies. People here back up their arguments with stats and rhetoric. There is a lot more here than the usual hyperbole.

That having been said--I hope my fellow Spurs fans will forgive me for saying this--but that is the way I see things.

BSR
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote