Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-07-2004, 10:56 AM   #1
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road
Default Mavs @ Wolves Game Day Thread

With our offense and no passing game, I say we're going to be 12/8 making the Clippers pass us with a better record. This one goes to the Wolves

Mavs 89
Wolves 112
Old 12-07-2004, 10:58 AM   #2
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Mavs @ Wolves Game Day Thread

If the Mavs from Saturday night show up, they have a chance.

If the Mavs from last night show up, it'll be ugly.

Sadly, this is the first time in memory that I have predicted a Mavs loss.

Minnesota 98, Dallas 90.

Old 12-07-2004, 11:20 AM   #3
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

I rarely make predictions, but I'm hoping for a big win tonight.

If the defense shows up, we'll win by a nice margin.

98-85 mavs
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 11:21 AM   #4
ZueriMav

ZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really nice
Default RE: Mavs @ Wolves Game Day Thread

OK, let's be a bit more looking forward:

108:101 MAVS!
ZueriMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 11:49 AM   #5
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Mavs lose....

Garnet will want to make Josh Howard look like a fool...

Minn. 111, Mavs. 84
Old 12-07-2004, 12:12 PM   #6
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

Mark Cuban hires Tonya Harding to whack Nellie in the shin as he enters the Target Center . . .

AJ takes over coaching reins, scratching DA from the starting lineup and inserting the JET . . .

Terry responds to the positive reinforcement by chipping in 30 pts and 10 asts . . .

Still a tight game at halftime, so Fin does his best Willis Reed impersonation and suits up at the break . . .

Mavs benefit from the Finsperational performance and win on last second buzzer beater by Dirk, 105-104.

(A guy can dream, right?)

NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 12:42 PM   #7
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

So what Dirk's jumper was a little off last night. This team is going to be a little up and down. We match up with the T-Wolves pretty well.
Another homer prediction Mavs 100 - TWolves 98. The fact that DA is starting only means that nellie likes terry as nick the quick role in the offense. Once Finley returns the spacing with Dirk and the rest of the mavs should be good.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 12:55 PM   #8
MikeB
Golden Member

MikeB has a spectacular aura aboutMikeB has a spectacular aura about

We controlled Sam I AM last game and almost pulled the major upset...do it again and do a little better job on Spree and we win.

Mavs 104
Wolves 99
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 01:54 PM   #9
jibikao

jibikao is on a distinguished road

Mavs will probably lose...

T-Wolves is so red hot now.

I think Mavs's goal is to NOT get a blown out. Just stay competitive and lose within 6 pts is fine with me. I don't expect them to win this one. Not with this no-flow offense. Dirk can rule but not when he gets doubled like that.

Jimmy

www.keepshooting.com
jibikao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 01:54 PM   #10
Waschdel

Waschdel is on a distinguished road

Considering that the Mavs only constancy during Fin´s absence has been inconstancy they´ll probably hit some shots tonight. Looking through a homer´s glasses I think they´ll win.
Mavs 107
Wolves 103
Old 12-07-2004, 02:22 PM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: MikeB
We controlled Sam I AM last game and almost pulled the major upset...do it again and do a little better job on Spree and we win.

Mavs 104
Wolves 99
Without Dirk.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 03:06 PM   #12
MikeB
Golden Member

MikeB has a spectacular aura aboutMikeB has a spectacular aura about

Yes...without Dirk. Thats why it would have been a major upset. Stack was also 1-9.
With Dirk and Stack who plays better on the raod(just like NVE did when he first got here) I think we can win. We also won't have Dick Bavetta as the ref...hopefully we don't get Joey (Don't Look At Me) Crawford [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 03:11 PM   #13
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

^^ I still havent gotten over that.

Im sick of playing the wolves on the 2nd night of a back2back.

Its rediculous.
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 03:39 PM   #14
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I have faith.

The basketball gods sometimes let the team playing on the back2back night win.

Mavs 92
TPups 89

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 03:42 PM   #15
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I also want to see Dirk light KG up for those disrespectful comments.

Smokage.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 04:09 PM   #16
NoHeartIncluded

NoHeartIncluded is on a distinguished road

well spree just got suspended for tonight's game for telling that woman in the stands to suck his ____

-Jimmy Valvano
NoHeartIncluded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 04:09 PM   #17
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Spree isn't playing tonight.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:12 PM   #18
StrikerV

StrikerV will become famous soon enough

Darrell Armstrong goes through a transformation and becomes the spark for the mavs and wins us the game singley handily surpassing dirks franchise record of 53 to hit 60.

boo ya.
StrikerV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 04:31 PM   #19
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Dirk's still owes about 5 makes from his performance last night, so tonight he shoots 16 of 24 and matches his 15 out of 16 performance at the line for . . . uh . . . a whole bunch of points.

Mavs win 108-93.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 04:58 PM   #20
jibikao

jibikao is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: rabbitproof
I also want to see Dirk light KG up for those disrespectful comments.

Smokage.

What did KG say that is disrespectful?

And Spree is funny... he said on TV? LOL

Jimmy

www.keepshooting.com
jibikao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 08:03 PM   #21
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

anyone see Dirk walk behind Pinto and the look on his face when he heard them talk?
Old 12-07-2004, 08:14 PM   #22
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

jesus christ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2004, 08:14 PM   #23
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Crawford is a jackass
Old 12-07-2004, 08:15 PM   #24
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Anybody heard why Marquis isn't starting?
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 08:16 PM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Nellie needs to be canned. Crawford needs to be forced by the NBA to move in with Nellie.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 08:17 PM   #26
Mavs414

Mavs414 is on a distinguished road

omg nellie lol
Old 12-07-2004, 08:19 PM   #27
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry guys... but I am stuck at work so I can't see/hear what is going on... What happened with Crawford and Nellie?
Old 12-07-2004, 08:20 PM   #28
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

what happened? what did nellie do?
Old 12-07-2004, 08:20 PM   #29
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Mavs look undermanned.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:23 PM   #30
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk won't have many boards tonight guarding Wally. He plays so far away from the bucket. Everyone else will have to step up.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:23 PM   #31
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Howard with 5 rebounds early?
Old 12-07-2004, 08:24 PM   #32
Bookit
Diamond Member

Get Armstrong out of there.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:24 PM   #33
Murphy3
Guru

I'm gonna go ahead and say that Armstrong shoots too damn much.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:24 PM   #34
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

Some defense, please
Old 12-07-2004, 08:25 PM   #35
Mavs414

Mavs414 is on a distinguished road

nellie got kicked out of the game thats what happen to nellie
Old 12-07-2004, 08:26 PM   #36
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bookit
Anybody heard why Marquis isn't starting?
Daniels is bothered by an ankle sprain. Im guessing it is a flair up of the previous sprain.

Nellie argued what would have been a technical 60% of the time and Crawford gave Nellie 2 instant Ts.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:27 PM   #37
Murphy3
Guru

Stackhouse is truly an stupid basketball player.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:27 PM   #38
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Terry is doing nothing but illustrating that he should be starting. I love DA and he will get his shot back, but starting him is ridiculous.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:29 PM   #39
HexNBA
Golden Member

Less turnovers, please
Old 12-07-2004, 08:31 PM   #40
Murphy3
Guru

Anyone see something that rarely happens in a Mavs game? Dirk reposted the ball into Stack. Perhaps the guards could learn about this. Alot of teams are trying it now.