Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-20-2006, 12:16 PM   #1
Dirk Bomb

Dirk Bomb will become famous soon enoughDirk Bomb will become famous soon enough
Default RC: Scored tix to game 7 and going....

Just got a pair in section 209.... I want to go but i am feeing under the weather right now. Hope I am ok by monday... I went last night and I woke up this morning feeling crappy, but emotionally and physically.

by the way, RC means Roll Call... not sure if this board uses that acronym
Dirk Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2006, 01:48 PM   #2
veronicamae

veronicamae is an unknown quantity at this point

You know I'll be there, too.

Of course, we won't exactly be cheering for the same team.

I wasn't cheering for the same team last night at the AAC either - and had people trying to start fights WITH A PAIR OF GIRLS because we were Spurs fans.

You won't see stupid crap like that at Monday's game - so go and have fun, and for the love of God, CHEER FOR YOUR TEAM!!! People around us were telling us to shut up when they weren't even cheering for the Mavs in the final seconds - ya'll should be UP supporting your team and not let Spurs fans out cheer you on your home floor. So, I hope you are up supporting your team, it's what you'll be there for!!
Old 05-20-2006, 01:54 PM   #3
Obi Wan Ginobili

Obi Wan Ginobili is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronicamae

I wasn't cheering for the same team last night at the AAC either - and had people trying to start fights WITH A PAIR OF GIRLS because we were Spurs fans.

You won't see stupid crap like that at Monday's game - so go and have fun, and for the love of God, CHEER FOR YOUR TEAM!!! People around us were telling us to shut up when they weren't even cheering for the Mavs in the final seconds - ya'll should be UP supporting your team and not let Spurs fans out cheer you on your home floor. So, I hope you are up supporting your team, it's what you'll be there for!!
Yeah, Dirk. Enjoy and have fun, you wont have the problems veronica had at AAC. Go down to the Mudwalk and have a rita or three. You will find some good natured ribbing perhaps, but otherwise should be a good time

Welcome to San Antonio
Obi Wan Ginobili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 02:03 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, but that is just bullshit. I went to several games last year in San Antonio and have always worn my Mavs gear proudly. The San Antone fans were complete assholes. I was at Game 2 and sat on the third row and they started out heckling throwing paper and stuff and being damn rude right up until the Mavs started kicking the spurs asses. That was the only thing that shut them up. So don't go telling me that San Antone fans have class. That is a load of bullshit.

But I do enjoy the town, the "mudwalk" and the Ritas.

Last edited by Drbio; 05-20-2006 at 02:04 PM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 02:17 PM   #5
Obi Wan Ginobili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Sorry, but that is just bullshit. I went to several games last year in San Antonio and have always worn my Mavs gear proudly. The San Antone fans were complete assholes. I was at Game 2 and sat on the third row and they started out heckling throwing paper and stuff and being damn rude right up until the Mavs started kicking the spurs asses. That was the only thing that shut them up. So don't go telling me that San Antone fans have class. That is a load of bullshit.

But I do enjoy the town, the "mudwalk" and the Ritas.
I am sorry if you experienced something like that bio, i can tell you it is not the norm and I think those who did it are total assholes. We have them here too, but they are the exception. As an arena policy, your team will not be trashed and i hope as a whole you will be respected.

I would buy you a beer in the spirit of fun competition and rivalry

Spurs in 4

Last edited by Obi Wan Ginobili; 05-20-2006 at 02:18 PM.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:36 PM   #6
mavfanfromokla

mavfanfromokla is on a distinguished road

every teams fans has their share of assholes. i think san antoinio is diffrent because its the only team they have
mavfanfromokla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 05:28 PM   #7
Dirk Bomb

Dirk Bomb will become famous soon enoughDirk Bomb will become famous soon enough

Yep, every team has asshole fans, and nice fans... The guy next to me during game 6 was the loudest fan I have ever heard... a big big guy whos voice carried, and a spurs fan... He was annoying, but effective.
Dirk Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 05:32 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Not exactly true. The last time I went I had the same crapola from spurs fans.

I also saw about 3 "discussions" last night, all instigated by women. I think some folks think they are "punch-proof".
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 05-20-2006 at 05:32 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 06:37 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi Wan Ginobili
I am sorry if you experienced something like that bio, i can tell you it is not the norm and I think those who did it are total assholes. We have them here too, but they are the exception. As an arena policy, your team will not be trashed and i hope as a whole you will be respected.

I would buy you a beer in the spirit of fun competition and rivalry

Spurs in 4
There were several assholes. It wasn't the exception but the rule. The guy who took me was a spur fan and it was so bad he apologized to me. Some of the idiot ass spur fans actually called security on several of us for cheering for the Mavs but our host and one other guy told the guard the truth and he left. He probably would have ejected us for cheering for the Mavs. San Antone fans are by far the worse I have ever sat around. I've seen games in New Orleans, Phoenix, Philly and Los Angeles and the spurs fans by far were the most rude that I encountered.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:54 PM   #10
veronicamae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi Wan Ginobili
Yeah, Dirk. Enjoy and have fun, you wont have the problems veronica had at AAC. Go down to the Mudwalk and have a rita or three. You will find some good natured ribbing perhaps, but otherwise should be a good time

Welcome to San Antonio
Aw Obi, I LIVE in San Antonio and I've been to every home playoff game this year. No worries about me!!!! LOL
Old 05-20-2006, 06:56 PM   #11
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

I actually love going to San Antonio (the city)... downtown during memorial day weekend is so fun

people out on the streets, open air festivals, good restaurants, and like Drbio pointed out - good margaritas
Old 05-20-2006, 09:43 PM   #12
Obi Wan Ginobili

DrBio, you were not in danger, i am sure. Yep they can get loud in there. Booze doesnt help, but truthfully, i have not heard this from others. Sorry nonetheless.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:18 AM   #13
southern lights

southern lights is infamous around these parts

southern lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 01:25 AM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Piss off troll.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:34 AM   #15
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Complete BS. I went to a Spurs-Wolves game in SA two or three years back and cheered for the Wolves, and fans were mad. At the same time, I've never seen fans given a hard time at AAC. Heck, in a double OT game in the 03-04 season against the 76ers, my row had a friendly rivalry with the sixers fans in front of us.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 09:36 AM   #16
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

PS, I've also seen the Mavs play in Philly of all places last season, no problems at all.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:39 AM   #17
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Dub, that is probably because you were not wearing your Santa suit.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 01:46 PM   #18
DirkGoesNuclear

DirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura about

You might have scored tix to the title game.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:06 PM   #19
veronicamae

Every arena and team has its a-hole fans - some have more than others. I had a fairly bad experience as a Spurs fan at the AAC (some girl hitting my friend and calling her ugly after the game, wtf?) and people trashing us the entire game and yelling at us to sit down and shut up. Not everyone did it, but a very good number did it.

When I was at Game 5 in SA, there were about 7 Mavs fans sitting in our section. They stood the whole game, and no one yelled at them about it. After the game, everyone shook hands and had some friendly jabs. No one was throwing stupid punches or personal insults - not the Mavs fans or the Spurs fans at that point.

So, it just goes to show that not every fan on both sides is bad, but one bad experience can taint everyone's perception - and my experience at the AAC has tainted my perception of Dallas fans. I went there w/ an open mind about being a visitor in the arena, and was everything but welcomed with any kind of kind rivalry. I just wish that weren't the case at every arena - but I'ms ure it is.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:40 PM   #20
Drbio
Banned

The ONLY place that I have ever seen an overboard level of open disrespect and hatred was at San Antonio. It was easily worse than Philly and Los Angeles. Those are the facts.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:17 PM   #21
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Bomb
Just got a pair in section 209.... I want to go but i am feeing under the weather right now. Hope I am ok by monday... I went last night and I woke up this morning feeling crappy, but emotionally and physically.

by the way, RC means Roll Call... not sure if this board uses that acronym
BUST A LUNG FOR ME!
Old 05-21-2006, 11:18 PM   #22
veronicamae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
The ONLY place that I have ever seen an overboard level of open disrespect and hatred was at San Antonio. It was easily worse than Philly and Los Angeles. Those are the facts.
And I am telling you that it was a fact that people tried to steal my Spurs gear, personally insult us, and physically hit my friend in the head after the Mavs lost. THAT is a fact.

It happens everywhere, but I don't think SA is at the worse end of the stick.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:49 PM   #23
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
And I am telling you that it was a fact that people tried to steal my Spurs gear, personally insult us, and physically hit my friend in the head after the Mavs lost. THAT is a fact.

That is unfortunate and those "fans" should be banned from the AAC and the one that struck your friend should have been arrested. It sounds like we both had bad experiences. I have been to numerous games and can always tolerate the goofs. It is those who go beyond that who ruin games for everyone.....visitor and home fan alike.

Last edited by Drbio; 05-21-2006 at 11:49 PM.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:18 AM   #24
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I think all teams have "fans" like that, and the whole team's fans shouldn't be judged based on these few ppl's behavior.

In the Spurs case though, even though I haven't been to a Spurs/Mavs game I would guess that the Spurs fans, like their players have no class, and I would not be surprised if they acted hostile towards Mavs fans . We've already witnessed this from many trolls that have joined this board.

I just want to say again, this is my assumption.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:25 AM   #25
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

Quote:

If it was so bad, then why didn't you just call for security? I mean, that's what they're for and all...or are you just making this sound a lot worse than it was? Were you the one that started talking shit? You're an idiot either way for letting people push you around at the AAC or for starting something.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:28 AM   #26
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

What was the spurs gear? Not a big sign was it? That's really the only thing that bugs me is a out-of-towner fan who stands up and holds up gear that blocks the view.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:12 AM   #27
veronicamae

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
What was the spurs gear? Not a big sign was it? That's really the only thing that bugs me is a out-of-towner fan who stands up and holds up gear that blocks the view.
We did have a sign, but it was only up during timeouts - that wasn't it though. It was my banger thunderstick thingies. I wasn't even using them, just holding them and someone tried to rip them away as they walked past. : (
Old 05-22-2006, 10:16 AM   #28
veronicamae

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose
If it was so bad, then why didn't you just call for security? I mean, that's what they're for and all...or are you just making this sound a lot worse than it was? Were you the one that started talking shit? You're an idiot either way for letting people push you around at the AAC or for starting something.
We didn't need to call for security, because we can handle people talking shit to us - we ignored it, despite it both annoying us and making us laugh. And honestly, we weren't trash talking. I'm not even saying that to be like "we're better than that," but we weren't. We were cheering for the Spurs, and not against the Mavs. The worse we said was for them to shut up about us and start cheering for their team. Maybe we just had an especially bad section.

Anyway, we didn't feel threatened by the insults, because they're just words and we laughed it off, but the insults sure were immature. Security did come after the game when the girl hit my friend, and escorted her away from the area. And we didn't let anyone push us around - the girl hit my friend when her back was turned.