Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-30-2008, 12:43 AM   #1321
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Alright...bed time.

I would submit to you people, that even though we're through season 4 of 6, we have now reached the proverbial "half-time" of LOST. (yes, that's how much stalling seasons 1 and 2 were, and some of 3)

They're going to adjust the game plan when they come back out.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:45 AM   #1322
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

When Locke said, "Its not an island"....I just about chocked....he then said, "its a place where miracles happen"....but is there a chance that this thing we call the "island" is actually something else all together? Might it truly be a person in some way? Does Jacob do what the Island wants or is Jacob the personification of the Island?...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:46 AM   #1323
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Has this episode once and for all demonstrated to us, that the past and future of this show is all about the island. The characters must do what the island wants.
Its about what the island wants with these particular people...

and I'm sure next season we get to see "Butt kicker" Sawyer in full swing.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-30-2008, 02:03 AM   #1324
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Its amazing how much information we got about the island and the castaways all in this season. This is the 1st season where I actually want to go back and rewatch it again. Really enjoyed it.

When Ben says they all have to go back to the island who exactly is "we"? Did he mean the Oceanic 6 or everyone who left the island when it was moved?

And am I confusing things? Did we not get a flash foward of Daniel sitting on his couch watching the Oceanic 6 get rescued? Or was it the plane crash?

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 05-30-2008 at 02:05 AM.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:48 AM   #1325
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Ok that Bentham thing made me mad as I thought about it. Why would Walt call him that? Why would Kate and jack call him that when there's no one else around? I think they may have backed themselves into a corner with the HD resolution of that obituary. I bet the name was never supposed to have been seen.

Also, a giant wheel to move the island?

and dtown, that Daniel scene was a flashback to when they found the "fake" wreckage.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:55 AM   #1326
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Right, dtown, is he saying desmond and Frank have to go back, too? All the people in life jackets floating in the middle of the ocean? If a dead locke has to go back, what about a dead michael and Jin?
Old 05-30-2008, 08:59 AM   #1327
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
Right, dtown, is he saying desmond and Frank have to go back, too? All the people in life jackets floating in the middle of the ocean? If a dead locke has to go back, what about a dead michael and Jin?
all questions that will probably be answered in short order next season....

Old 05-30-2008, 09:01 AM   #1328
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok that Bentham thing made me mad as I thought about it. Why would Walt call him that? Why would Kate and jack call him that when there's no one else around? I think they may have backed themselves into a corner with the HD resolution of that obituary. I bet the name was never supposed to have been seen.

Also, a giant wheel to move the island?

and dtown, that Daniel scene was a flashback to when they found the "fake" wreckage.
Do you know that Jeremy Bentham was an English philosopher, who just so happened to be heavily influenced by John Locke, who preached utilitarianism/consequentialism (the ends justify the means)

Either through clever photography of the original news paper clipping...or a happy coincidence, we were unable to really read the name off of it last year, people thought it said Lantham...that's either a really clever way to deflect the truth, or a way for them to cover their asses later.... either way, if they had come out with "Jeremy Bentham" last year, we would have figured out that it was Locke is mere hours.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:03 AM   #1329
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I would imagine that the people that need to go back, do not include Lapidus, as the island did not bring him there.

Desmond and Locke, and unfortunately Aaron I think will be included in that group.

Michael and Jin the island let die. The island didn't let the little fragile baby die in a horrific helicopter crash because he needs to come back. That's my take.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:04 AM   #1330
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Ok that Bentham thing made me mad as I thought about it. Why would Walt call him that? Why would Kate and jack call him that when there's no one else around?
I can understand the need for the name change, but like the Kemey scene, it did seem a bit forced...

Last edited by sike; 05-30-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:07 AM   #1331
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Oh, and if they ALL have to go back.....WHY IS CLAIRE TELLING KATE THAT AARON CAN NEVER GO BACK??!!!!!
Someone give me an opinion on this....this is significant.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:12 AM   #1332
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

*yawn*
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:15 AM   #1333
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Someone give me an opinion on this....this is significant.
That is but one of many troublesome things looking ahead to next season.

Suns position is very worrisome. Is she wanting to work with Widmore because he wants to get back to the island as well? And she wants to go back to look for Jinn? or because he wants to kill everyone associated with Ben, and the O6, and she wants revenge on Jack? Or is she a double agent working for Ben? I doubt it, but it's possible. She's going to be a problem next year.

Hurley, who had previously told Jack that they need to go back, now told Sayid that he didn't want to back. WTF? Why is everyone changing their tune?

Kate still hasn't shown any remorse in leaving, and doesn't want to go back. Maybe if they'd leave her messages that weren't backwards....

And then there's Claire. Alive? Dead? Who knows. But she's telling Kate to NOT bring Aaron back, and clearly Ben thinks they all need to go back. The island wants them to come back. That much is clear.

So Claire's statement, is in direct contradiction of the island, who, when when we saw her in the cabin, we assumed Claire to be working for/with....something. Part of it.

Plenty of obstacles to getting back. The story of how they get back might be a harder journey than how they finally get off.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 05-30-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:49 AM   #1334
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk
*yawn*
Boo this man.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:09 AM   #1335
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this finale was no where near the drama of season 3's finale.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:07 AM   #1336
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
Do you know that Jeremy Bentham was an English philosopher, who just so happened to be heavily influenced by John Locke, who preached utilitarianism/consequentialism (the ends justify the means)

Either through clever photography of the original news paper clipping...or a happy coincidence, we were unable to really read the name off of it last year, people thought it said Lantham...that's either a really clever way to deflect the truth, or a way for them to cover their asses later.... either way, if they had come out with "Jeremy Bentham" last year, we would have figured out that it was Locke is mere hours.

this was actualy posted on the other site i frequent (that the name could be jeremy bentham) right after the season 3 finale.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:23 AM   #1337
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Hot sports opinions from Harold Perrineau:

Quote:
TV Guide: Did you know Michael was being killed off when you returned?
Harold Perrineau: I had no idea. It's like, what the hell? I came back for that?

TV Guide: You're laughing as you say that, but you don't sound particularly pleased.
Perrineau: I'm disappointed, mostly because I wanted Michael and Walt to have a happy ending. I was hoping Michael would get it together and actually want to be a father to his kid and try to figure out a way to get back [home]. But this is [the producers'] story. If I were writing it, I would write it differently.

TV Guide:: So when did you get the news?
Perrineau: [Lindelof and fellow executive producer Carlton Cuse] called before the finale scripts were out. They said they weren't going to continue with Michael.

TV Guide:: And what did you say to that?
Perrineau: At this point, I've been on the island, off the island, back on the island — so I just went, "Oh, ok." [Laughs] This is their show and they know what they can or cannot write. I thought it was disappointing and a waste to come back, only to get beat up a few times and then killed. I felt like it was sort of pandering to some fans who wanted to see Michael punished because he betrayed people.

TV Guide: Are you referring to when he shot and killed Ana Lucia and Libby in Season 2?
Perrineau: Exactly. I honestly feel like Michael's death served a really weird bloodlust for the fans.

TV Guide: Were you disappointed Michael and Walt didn't reconnect before your character died?
Perrineau: Listen, if I'm being really candid, there are all these questions about how they respond to black people on the show. Sayid gets to meet Nadia again, and Desmond and Penny hook up again, but a little black boy and his father hooking up, that wasn't interesting? Instead, Walt just winds up being another fatherless child. It plays into a really big, weird stereotype and, being a black person myself, that wasn't so interesting. [Responds Cuse: "We pride ourselves on having a very racially diverse cast. It's painful when any actor's storyline ends on the show. Harold is a fantastic actor whose presence added enormously to Lost."]

Last edited by Flacolaco; 05-30-2008 at 11:24 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:41 AM   #1338
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

http://octagonglobalrecruiting.com/
Old 05-30-2008, 11:43 AM   #1339
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i don't think so, bbl...

"Jeremy Bentham", 18th century philosopher, was sort of the arch nemesis of "John Locke", 17th century philosopher.

I think the close connection between those two historical dudes was a dead give away of a connection between Jeremy Bentham the character and John Locke the characer.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:49 AM   #1340
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i wasn't talking about the fact that it was an alias. Or that the name was Jeremy Bentham. the name very well could have been jermey bentham from the get-go, which it probably was.

i'm talking about the fact that they felt they had to mention it repeatedly, and it was only misdirection. i'd have been happier if they just said "HE came to visit me". Why would Walt not call him locke? i guess we'll find out, but it was just lame to hear that name over and over again.

As i mentioned in an above post, i've seen the "Jeremy Bentham" speculation online before, based on people trying to find a link to the show.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 05-30-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:50 AM   #1341
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

and i was talking with a friend... Maybe widmore used to be on the island... and he had o use the frozen donkey wheel before - so he can't go back...
Old 05-30-2008, 11:54 AM   #1342
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

and how about the Black Rock? Maybe it got so far inland because the island "appeared" right where it was sailing?
Old 05-30-2008, 11:56 AM   #1343
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Some questions on the "move"

A theory going around out there this morning is that since Ben...err...'materialized' in Tunisia in October 2005, 10 months after last nights on-island events, the island must have blooped back into existence 10 months later as well. I rather think the island was relocated geographically. But since Locke is known to have been visiting Jack and Kate in 2007, there is still plenty of time in between for that 10 month theory to be valid.

Were Daniel and the raft close enough to the island that they got sucked into the....purple sky thing as well?

Is this what we are supposed to believe happened at the end of season 2? The Purple sky noise thing was exactly the same.

Or did the island relocate itself to one of these spots on the globe?

Weird.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:09 PM   #1344
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
and how about the Black Rock? Maybe it got so far inland because the island "appeared" right where it was sailing?
I had the same thought, and shrugged it off as "too obvious." But they surprised me last night with the island disappearing with a little bloop in the water. I guess anything is possible.

Quote:
and i was talking with a friend... Maybe widmore used to be on the island... and he had o use the frozen donkey wheel before - so he can't go back...
Didn't Sun's conversation with him imply that he had left the island as well? I don't think there's any doubt that he was on island. As for that idea...I wonder why he would be so spiteful towards Ben. He told ben "everything you have, you took from me." I don't think that widmore left the island voluntarily, or at least...Ben has managed to hide it from him.

Or it could mean that Widmore is referring to the DHARMA initiative. Ben took that away from him by killing them all? Maybe he was heavily involved in it?
Old 05-30-2008, 12:10 PM   #1345
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

promo pictures for next season are already making the rounds on the web:

Old 05-30-2008, 12:12 PM   #1346
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

LOL.

That's not where my brain went first though. I immediately thought (when Ben said, we have to bring him too) of Little Miss Sunshine when they're stuffing grandpa into the back of their old van, and taking off.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:16 PM   #1347
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

here were the other fake endings that were shot.

http://tv.popcrunch.com/lost-who-is-...endings-video/
Old 05-30-2008, 12:30 PM   #1348
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

You guys are making this show sound more silly than it actually is. Get back to work.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:37 PM   #1349
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Stop reading the thread and go back to work.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:41 PM   #1350
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

this threads future.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:35 PM   #1351
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad I've always hated Jack, and I'm not biased like others who loved him initially making it hard for them to dislike him now =]

I love when my theories are right, moving the island =]

Penny/Desmond was such a feel good.

Like I said, Team Skate baby... Team Skate...

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:19 PM   #1352
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

Jack is more of the "everyman"
Sawyer is more what every man would like to be.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:21 PM   #1353
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
genius.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:24 PM   #1354
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I had the same thought, and shrugged it off as "too obvious." But they surprised me last night with the island disappearing with a little bloop in the water. I guess anything is possible.

Didn't Sun's conversation with him imply that he had left the island as well? I don't think there's any doubt that he was on island. As for that idea...I wonder why he would be so spiteful towards Ben. He told ben "everything you have, you took from me." I don't think that widmore left the island voluntarily, or at least...Ben has managed to hide it from him.

Or it could mean that Widmore is referring to the DHARMA initiative. Ben took that away from him by killing them all? Maybe he was heavily involved in it?
I just keep waiting for Widmore to BE one of the members of the black rock....hey, if Richard doesn't have to age, maybe Widmore doesn't either....

Old 05-30-2008, 05:26 PM   #1355
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Jack is more of the "everyman"
Sawyer is more what every man would like to be.
Jack is a Brain Surgeon who everyone wants to lead them and is smarter and more skilled that just about anyone in reality is...yeah, I'm just like that dude.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:26 PM   #1356
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Like I said, Team Skate baby... Team Skate...
explain?

Old 05-30-2008, 05:30 PM   #1357
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Jack is a Brain Surgeon who everyone wants to lead them and is smarter and more skilled that just about anyone in reality is...yeah, I'm just like that dude.
But, sike, you don't rule the world like I do. So what is the use?
Old 05-30-2008, 05:47 PM   #1358
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
explain?
What can I say, I'm a proud member of Team Skate (Sawyer/Kate) and I hate everything about Jack =P

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 05:49 PM   #1359
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
What can I say, I'm a proud member of Team Skate (Sawyer/Kate) and I hate everything about Jack =P
Jack has ALWAYS been my least favorite of the main cast (I do not count Boone and Shannon and main cast.)

Old 05-30-2008, 05:50 PM   #1360
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
But, sike, you don't rule the world like I do. So what is the use?
I keep forgetting that...sorry, master.