Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-12-2011, 10:42 AM   #2321
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Lebron needs to give the whole world a freakin break.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2011, 11:16 AM   #2322
Blackspider

Blackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I think everyone is wrong about the Heat not having a great supporting cast for their big 3. They have the best supporting cast anyone could possibly ask for. Bennet Salvatore, Steve Javie, Danny Crawford etc... Those guys are phenomenal role players for the Heat.
LOL!!

Sad but true. I want no part of Miami if we make it to the Finals. Not because I fear their team but Stern and co wants the Heat to be successful and I fear another 06 Finals games 3-6.
Blackspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:20 PM   #2323
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackspider View Post
LOL!!

Sad but true. I want no part of Miami if we make it to the Finals. Not because I fear their team but Stern and co wants the Heat to be successful and I fear another 06 Finals games 3-6.
I seriously doubt that IF we went to the Finals against MIA, that they would beat us like they did in games 3-6 in 2006....THIS team wont let that happen.

Remember we had Devin Harris running the point and Avery as the coach...nuff said
Old 05-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #2324
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackspider View Post
LOL!!

Question for David Stern conspiracy theorists: don't you think it would have served both the NBA and the advertisers better if the Lakers got at least ONE win?

I mean, if you're trying to fix the game for financial gain, then why didn't they fix the last series? Not much money to be made in a 2nd round sweep...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #2325
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Dont know if Stern would be THAT happy if the Heat win allready this year.

The NBA would be boring as hell. ECF Heat-Bulls is a lock for years. And the Heat not even playing with Miller and Haslem. If Dalembert comes in the offseason (there are allready rumors) and other ring whores then good night NBA.

The ratings this year are so much up because its different teams, full of surprises etc.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:43 PM   #2326
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav Addict View Post
I seriously doubt that IF we went to the Finals against MIA, that they would beat us like they did in games 3-6 in 2006....THIS team wont let that happen.

Remember we had Devin Harris running the point and Avery as the coach...nuff said
Actually today I'd take Devin Harris over what we have now in a heartbeat, but you're spot on about Avery.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:03 PM   #2327
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I was re reading some history about that series. The writer basically said that Avery lost the team when he went ballistic after the third game and moved the team.

I had forgotten that part of the littlest napoleons resume.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #2328
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I was re reading some history about that series. The writer basically said that Avery lost the team when he went ballistic after the third game and moved the team.

I had forgotten that part of the littlest napoleons resume.
I think we've all tried as hard as we can to erase it from our memories. The funniest thing was the way he was perceived by people outside of DFW. In the national media, and to most casual NBA fans, he was still a great NBA coach, and it was Dirk's fault that team lost being he was soft and a choker. Even after Golden State, Avery's reputation was still pretty much in tact, whereas Dirk's was torn to shreds.

I also loved how the season after that (2008) since Dirk's reputation was destroyed, various 'experts' started saying that Josh freaking Howard was in fact the most important player on the team.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:36 PM   #2329
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Have to admire the unselfish play of Derrick Rose tonight. A superstar of his caliber willing to distribute the ball to the open man this sort of play is what makes the Bulls so good.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #2330
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

I know it's really early in the game, but stick a fork in the Hawks. They're just outmatched here.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #2331
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

I'm really impressed with Boozer and Noah they are both having an outstanding game tonight.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:12 PM   #2332
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
I'm really impressed with Boozer and Noah they are both having an outstanding game tonight.
I hope it stays that way, because the Bulls are going to need their frontline play extremely well if they're going to have a shot against the Heat.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:28 PM   #2333
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
I hope it stays that way, because the Bulls are going to need their frontline play extremely well if they're going to have a shot against the Heat.
I agree the Bulls frontline will have to play extremely well in that series. No way can the Bulls beat the Heat in a seven game series if Rose has to carry the team on his back.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:49 PM   #2334
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

I don't think there's any less believable "tough guy" in the history of the NBA than Zaza Pachulia.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:15 PM   #2335
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Hawks totally gave up...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #2336
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Hawks totally gave up...
Or they were a 44-38 team in an already-crappy Eastern Conference facing the team with the best record in the NBA, and finally started playing like it.

Kind of like I expect Memphis to do tomorrow.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #2337
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
Or they were a 44-38 team in an already-crappy Eastern Conference facing the team with the best record in the NBA, and finally started playing like it.

Kind of like I expect Memphis to do tomorrow.
I agree. I'm surprised that series even went six games.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #2338
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

I hope the Bulls come out like this again on Sunday.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:37 PM   #2339
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think there's any less believable "tough guy" in the history of the NBA than Zaza Pachulia.
Are you kidding me? Zaza is one of the realest tough guys in the league. The dude grew up on the streets of Soviet Georgia. A few years ago KG tried to punk him, thinking he was another Euro he could intimidate, and Zaza was having none of it. He would have whooped KG's ass if the refs had let him. You're crazy.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #2340
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Are you kidding me? Zaza is one of the realest tough guys in the league. The dude grew up on the streets of Soviet Georgia. A few years ago KG tried to punk him, thinking he was another Euro he could intimidate, and Zaza was having none of it. He would have whooped KG's ass if the refs had let him. You're crazy.
KG is 2nd on my list behind Zaza as the phoniest "tough guy." Guys like that who go out of their way to try to look like a badass just seem to be overcompensating.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:51 PM   #2341
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
KG is 2nd on my list behind Zaza as the phoniest "tough guy." Guys like that who go out of their way to try to look like a badass just seem to be overcompensating.
I don't think that's the case with Zaza. He's just a legitimately tough guy that gets under your skin and probably has a bad temper himself. But unlike KG, he doesn't backdown from fights.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:12 PM   #2342
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually today I'd take Devin Harris over what we have now in a heartbeat, but you're spot on about Avery.
I'd take him too if I was into players who miss half the games every year.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 05-12-2011 at 11:12 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:58 AM   #2343
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nobody fights anymore so how do you tell tough from fake tough? Anybody can get in anybody's face knowing it's not going any further. Unless you're willing to wait outside the locker room to whip somebody's ass (see Jerry Stackhouse) then it's all just posturing as far as I'm concerned.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:12 AM   #2344
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
or players that try to score on a 1 on 4 fastbreak
Old 05-13-2011, 02:17 AM   #2345
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
Nobody fights anymore so how do you tell tough from fake tough? Anybody can get in anybody's face knowing it's not going any further. Unless you're willing to wait outside the locker room to whip somebody's ass (see Jerry Stackhouse) then it's all just posturing as far as I'm concerned.
I guess the corollary is that "Dru" at least put his money where his mouth is.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:54 AM   #2346
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
You're right about Harris being injury prone, but in a seven game series against OKC, Miami or Chicago, I'd definitely take a healthy Devin Harris.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 05-13-2011 at 03:57 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:08 AM   #2347
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
Have to admire the unselfish play of Derrick Rose tonight. A superstar of his caliber willing to distribute the ball to the open man this sort of play is what makes the Bulls so good.
Not sure if this is meant to be sarcasm but if its meant to be serious you do realize he is the biggest ball hog in the nba right?
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:22 AM   #2348
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
Not sure if this is meant to be sarcasm but if its meant to be serious you do realize he is the biggest ball hog in the nba right?
It's not really ball hogging when you're the best player on your team and the offense is designed for you to create everything.

Russel Westbrook is a ball hog. Rose dominates the ball because he's supposed to.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #2349
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
It's not really ball hogging when you're the best player on your team and the offense is designed for you to create everything.

Russel Westbrook is a ball hog. Rose dominates the ball because he's supposed to.
Boozer is a damn good offensive player when healthy, deng is solid, noah can finish but cant create, korver is an elite shooter. Does rose need to have the ball alot on that team? Obviously yes but that doesnt mean hes gotta shoot 25 times a game. In a semi related matter Im not entirely certain that given the absolutely massive differences between the two defensively that westbrook isnt the better overall player
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:49 AM   #2350
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're right about Harris being injury prone, but in a seven game series against OKC, Miami or Chicago, I'd definitely take a healthy Devin Harris.
Over Jkiddo right now? I'm not seeing it. Dirk has never gotten easier shots. The mavs team in general has never gotten easier shots.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-13-2011, 09:41 AM   #2351
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I guess the corollary is that "Dru" at least put his money where his mouth is.
Money as in dollars but he knew nobody was going to take a run at him.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:54 AM   #2352
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Over Jkiddo right now? I'm not seeing it. Dirk has never gotten easier shots. The mavs team in general has never gotten easier shots.
Yeah, I'm sorta shocked he'd even venture there. The Kidd-Harris debate is dead. It's pretty cut and dried at this point.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:56 AM   #2353
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I take Kidd over healthy Harris for the rest of the playoffs.

Im way more concerned about a finals matchup with the Heat without Butler. Thats the real dilemma. Does Marion have the legs to play 35-40min against James? Foul trouble? Behind Marion we have as other options Peja, Cardinal (he would kill botg guys on every possession) or Stevenson/Brewer (one too short, the other 188lbs and both we need probably against Wade too).

Peja did mostly a decent job on Crash but James is another level. When Peja comes in for Dirk my guess is that Peja will take Bosh and Marion stay with James. But that doesnt solve the backup problem for Marion.

Last edited by sefant77; 05-13-2011 at 10:57 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:05 AM   #2354
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sorta shocked he'd even venture there. The Kidd-Harris debate is dead. It's pretty cut and dried at this point.
I only "ventured there" because someone else knocked Harris. As for the debate being "dead" or "cut and dried," I might feel differently if we had anything on this team that even remotely resembled a slasher.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:07 AM   #2355
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I take Kidd over healthy Harris for the rest of the playoffs.

Im way more concerned about a finals matchup with the Heat without Butler. Thats the real dilemma. Does Marion have the legs to play 35-40min against James? Foul trouble? Behind Marion we have as other options Peja, Cardinal (he would kill botg guys on every possession) or Stevenson/Brewer (one too short, the other 188lbs and both we need probably against Wade too).

Peja did mostly a decent job on Crash but James is another level. When Peja comes in for Dirk my guess is that Peja will take Bosh and Marion stay with James. But that doesnt solve the backup problem for Marion.
Miami is definitely the series where we're going to miss Butler the most. Honestly I don't know if there's any rotation we can use effectively against them. Any combination of Kidd/Terry/Barea will get torched by Wade and I don't expect Peja to able to stay on the floor very long against Lebron.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 05-13-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:09 AM   #2356
dude1394
Guru

Gotta make 'em show us how well they shoot the three imo. I don't think they can beat us like that.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:23 AM   #2357
LonghornDub

Quote:
I only "ventured there" because someone else knocked Harris. As for the debate being "dead" or "cut and dried," I might feel differently if we had anything on this team that even remotely resembled a slasher.
Well, don't get me wrong, I like Harris. I was actually fully on board when I heard the Mavs were trying to trade for him. But I wouldn't give up Kidd for him at this point (if we're talking about which one I'd want for this playoff run, anyway).

I know what your stance is. I don't disagree the Mavs are missing a particular element. But I'm also not at all convinced they need it given the makeup of this team. Most champions have had a slasher, but most champions haven't had the most unconventional superstar forward of all time. The Mavs should be breaking the mold, not following it.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:30 AM   #2358
LonghornDub

This cracked me up:

Quote:
"Asked about facing Miami’s Big Three, [Boozer] responded, 'They have two great players in D. Wade and LeBron. We look forward to the challenge.'"
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baske...the-bulls.html

Classic.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:32 AM   #2359
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

I'm definitely rooting for the Bulls in the ECF. Aside from the fact that I think they're a much better matchup for the Mavs... I also just hate Miami so damn much.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #2360
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post

There is a difference between dominating the ball and ball hogging while Rose needs to be the number 1 option on Bulls he takes a lot of dumb shots that no one should take (pull up threes on 3 on 1s for instance) he takes way too many threes for a bad three point shooter and at times freezes out Deng and Boozer, he is a terrific talent and still a very good player, but he is also a ball hog

Tags
cadqweefsfordragic, return of the quack!