Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #41
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I actually like Mekel's potential more on defense, but him running an offense is something to be desired.

Crowder just isn't that good. He has plenty of chances to prove me wrong, but the only thing I can remember him doing well was guarding a gimpy Kobe in a game last year. Can't really remember what else made him such a good potential guy?

Ellis has a nice all around game, and we're just going to have to live with a bad shot here and there. I can live with a guy who takes a bad shot with confidence versus a guy who is afraid to shoot at all.

Daly has definitely been better the last two games.

I still really like VC as a wild card on offense. When he gets going, he is pretty unstoppable for a wily old vet. He cooled off a bit last night, but hard not to like the guy.

Team definitely missed Marion's rebounding more than anything.

Dirk is Dirk.

Ebanks was actually not that bad after the bad news of the DUI.

Still preseason so who knows. When Collison puts up 20/10 for the Clippers, then I'm quite weary of how seriously players take these games.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 10-15-2013 at 09:55 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #42
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

It's just tough evaluating a team when the first and second string (and even other third stringer) is injured at a position that makes the rest of the players better. Hopefully Calderon will be back soon with Harris and Larkin coming back healthy a couple of weeks after.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #43
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
if youre having problems with ads just download adblock plus
Best post ever. I always thought that watching annoying ads was part of the deal for watching free live streams. Thanks a lot!

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #44
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I have a great feeling about this team. Dirk and Monta seems to work just fine.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #45
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
I have a great feeling about this team. Dirk and Monta seems to work just fine.
Yea, I think it's gonna be a bit better than Jet and Dirk together. Monta can't shoot the 3 like Jet, but everything else is better. WAy better finisher around the rim and much better at creating open space and getting the collapse. I'm not concerned with Monta taking too many questionable shots. Jet used to do it all the time. I think he realizes that if he draws in helpers on him he can kick it to IMO the best open shooter in the game. Looks like Monta is already a very willing passer.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #46
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

...he can also kick it to Calderon. Should be fun.

I'd love to see this from time to time

PG: Calderon
SG: Ellis
SF: Carter
PF: Marion
C: Dirk

Dirk, Carter and Calderon at the 3pt line and Ellis running the show.

Last edited by markus1234; 10-15-2013 at 12:16 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #47
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

It looks like Dirk could get back to averaging +20ppg. I know it's just preseason but he's looking very sharp. Monta + Dirk will be unstoppable. Mekel scares me when he has the ball, seems like a nice kid but hopefully he won't have to play much (or at all) once we get healthy. Ellington has been surprisingly good. I love the toughness Blair and Dally are bringing. Can't wait for the season to start, it should be a lot of fun.
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #48
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
It's just tough evaluating a team when the first and second string (and even other third stringer) is injured at a position that makes the rest of the players better. Hopefully Calderon will be back soon with Harris and Larkin coming back healthy a couple of weeks after.
Calderon is expected to be back 10/19 against the Bobcats.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #49
kurtkbain

kurtkbain is a jewel in the roughkurtkbain is a jewel in the roughkurtkbain is a jewel in the roughkurtkbain is a jewel in the rough

Dirk Nowitzki & Monta Ellis Two-man game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIbQ_v6gw1Q

We're gonna have fun
kurtkbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:44 PM   #50
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtkbain View Post

We're gonna have fun
Rep. Fun to watch.

Don't know why Mayo was afraid to pass it to Dirk. I know why he was afraid to dribble it. Either way, it's going to be fun having a dynamic guy like Ellis playing next to Dirk for the next few years and Ellis is a guy like Finley that can tread water for a team until the next superstar comes about, too.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #51
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Rep. Fun to watch.

Don't know why Mayo was afraid to pass it to Dirk. I know why he was afraid to dribble it. Either way, it's going to be fun having a dynamic guy like Ellis playing next to Dirk for the next few years and Ellis is a guy like Finley that can tread water for a team until the next superstar comes about, too.
Well Mayo not only didn't have quickness and athleticism, but he didn't have quick instincts either. Ellis makes things happen at a quick pace because of a quick mental awareness of what is going on.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #52
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtkbain View Post

We're gonna have fun
Yea, so many things created from that scenario too. Look @:40 seconds in the Dirk pass back to Monta who took a wide open shot for 2 but also had Ellington, a great 3pt shooter for 3 on his right.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #53
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are getting me even more pumped.

If we can get "B+" Dirk and solid "As" from Ellis and Calderon, we're looking at an extremely fun and competitive team.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote