Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-06-2007, 07:54 PM   #1
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute
Default General NFL Watching Thread 2007

Saints @ Colts tonight!

Addai gets hit hard on the first play and comes out of the game.

NO goes 3 for 4 on 3rd down conversions on one drive, and then misses a field goal?

I heart NFL football.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:19 PM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I love it, too, my man. I love it, too. Better look out, the Saints just took a fumble back and are staking a claim to this thing!

(I still think the Saints are going to bounce backwards this year, but I'm at least hoping for an entertaining match tonight.)

LOTS of guys bringing the wood in the early going tonight. It's still warm here, but up in Indy it must be HITTIN' WEATHER!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:21 PM   #3
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I know! I'd like to see a nice close game. So far, no disappointment.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:11 PM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Whoo, boy, we got ourselves a good one here. But I think you can see what I mean when I say that NO offense is OVERRATED!
Old 09-06-2007, 09:32 PM   #5
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Whoo, boy, we got ourselves a good one here. But I think you can see what I mean when I say that NO offense is OVERRATED!
they're a good offense. but any good defensive coordinator can beat any offense...and vice versa.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:34 PM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Good start to this one, but....eh. I need some scoring please.

I like how Madden is totally back pedaling on what he said before the game about Indi's defense.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:38 PM   #7
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Good start to this one, but....eh. I need some scoring please.
The Colts heard you, apparently.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:46 PM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

New Orleans is getting exposed here as the fraud that they are.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:48 PM   #9
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah they're looking pretty bad.

It might have a lot to do with the quality AFC opponent though...
Old 09-06-2007, 09:49 PM   #10
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

lol Manning is the master.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:52 PM   #11
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Yeah they're looking pretty bad.

It might have a lot to do with the quality AFC opponent though...
The Boys sure handled up on 'em last year!
Old 09-06-2007, 09:55 PM   #12
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

(Right before they went south and the Colts went on to win the super bowl? )

I love your enthusiasm Chum. You make me smile.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 09-06-2007 at 09:56 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:58 PM   #13
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

did anybody see that commercial for the cowboys with diet pepsi?

it was pretty funny.

romo got nailed hard too
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:00 PM   #14
chumdawg
Guru

How do you punt, down 17 with 13 minutes left? With 4th and inches, no less? I mean, seriously, isn't that just equivalent to saying "We have no desire to win, but we would appreciate it if you didn't beat us all that badly"?

That's a braindead call.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:02 PM   #15
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
How do you punt, down 17 with 13 minutes left? With 4th and inches, no less? I mean, seriously, isn't that just equivalent to saying "We have no desire to win, but we would appreciate it if you didn't beat us all that badly"?

That's a braindead call.
Yeah that's a good way to stir up a little ill will in the locker room.

4th and inches...."I don't think you can do it guys, lets punt"
Old 09-06-2007, 10:09 PM   #16
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Yeah that's a good way to stir up a little ill will in the locker room.

4th and inches...."I don't think you can do it guys, lets punt"
Good point. I hadn't even thought about that angle, I was just so busy being pissed at the "sports fan" angle.

Interestingly, I have always believed that the infamous 4th-and-1 in Philadelphia in 1995 (are you old enough to know this one, Flaco?) actually spurred that team on the rest of the season. Switzer didn't just go for it on 4th-and-1, he ran the SAME damn play he had run on 3rd-and-1. (Or maybe Zampese or whever called the play, I don't know, doesn't matter.) Anyway, everyone grilled him for the call, how stupid it was. But you know what? That team didn't lose another game. Switzer was, of course, a players' coach, and maybe it was a smart thing to put it in the players' hands that game. I, for one, thought it was incredibly ballsy, and that's part of the reason why I love Switzer.

Of course, in this case, the Saints punted it to the Colts, who summarily scored a quick touchdown on their pumpkin ass. Geez. That's hardly a way to win a game. Inches from a first down, let's kick it to an offense that has beaten us all over the field tonight.

Don't get me started on bad decisions that NFL coaches make. They have no good grasp of probability.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:19 PM   #17
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Quote:
Of course, in this case, the Saints punted it to the Colts, who summarily scored a quick touchdown on their pumpkin ass. Geez. That's hardly a way to win a game. Inches from a first down, let's kick it to an offense that has beaten us all over the field tonight.
"YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!"
Old 09-06-2007, 10:24 PM   #18
chumdawg
Guru

THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!
Old 09-06-2007, 10:30 PM   #19
chumdawg
Guru

God, the Saints are horrible.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:32 PM   #20
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Drew Brees isn't doing his Fantasy owners any favors tonight.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:33 PM   #21
untitled
Golden Member

Honestly Chum - is there any chance in hell that postgame press conferences with Phillips will be half as entertaining as the average Parcells press conference? Sure, it'll still be fun to watch Romo's "aw shucks" routine after every game, but I am gonna miss the Tuna's condescending attitude toward the press.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:36 PM   #22
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled
Honestly Chum - is there any chance in hell that postgame press conferences with Phillips will be half as entertaining as the average Parcells press conference? Sure, it'll still be fun to watch Romo's "aw shucks" routine after every game, but I am gonna miss the Tuna's condescending attitude toward the press.
lol absolutely. The press conferences were gold....and now, not so much.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:38 PM   #23
chumdawg
Guru

No, there is no chance that WP's pressers will be anywhere near as entertaining as BP's. However, I should remark that BP's postgame pressers were not generally all that entertaining. They were so short.

Now, the midweek pressers are another story. Ahh, how I am going to miss Bill's pressers. From what I hear, WP isn't even going to give them every day. Then again, it's probably just as well.

Let me repeat: The Saints are going to bounce backward this year.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:55 PM   #24
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

ouch drew brees

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:47 AM   #25
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled
SMU, eh? that's where I went.

and thanks Drew Brees for giving me a heavy load of fantasy points this week. :|

Last edited by mavspwnage; 09-07-2007 at 11:48 AM.
mavspwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:15 PM   #26
chumdawg
Guru

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHH, the Eagles lose on opening day!!!!
Old 09-09-2007, 03:15 PM   #27
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

EGIRLS lose!
Old 09-09-2007, 03:16 PM   #28
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

too bad wash won... man miami sucks.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:52 PM   #29
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

This is not quite what I was expeting from the SD/Chicago game....
Old 09-09-2007, 05:05 PM   #30
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Man the refs really screwed this one up on that goal line fumble call.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:10 PM   #31
chumdawg
Guru

I don't know, man. That was awfully close to perfect timing.

Of course, I lament that LT didn't get a fantasy TD for me.

Hell of a ball game going on, though.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:14 PM   #32
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

San Diego is completely unwilling and unable to protect Rivers from that vicious Bears D line.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 09-09-2007 at 05:21 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:24 PM   #33
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

lolll LT did the hook em sign with his hand after his td pass

UT beat TCU yesterday...

Contact Me
Old 09-09-2007, 05:37 PM   #34
untitled
Golden Member

Perhaps LT was just giving Gates the "Rock On" sign.

After all, Rock & Roll > The University of Texas.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:39 PM   #35
alby
Guru

he just did it again lol...

Contact Me
Old 09-09-2007, 06:05 PM   #36
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Same old Bears....good defense....3 points.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:32 PM   #37
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Cowboys #1 pick- 1
Cleveland Browns - 0
Old 09-09-2007, 06:50 PM   #38
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
Cowboys #1 pick- 1
Cleveland Browns - 0
Ha, nice.

Man, they are dreadful again. That's going to be fun to watch this season.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:30 PM   #39
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Ray Lewis is a man...or a beast...or perhaps a manbeast!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:35 PM   #40
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

McNair is looking old and slow...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote