Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT: Mavericks @ Rockets (Preseason), 21st October, 7pm CST

Live on NBATV and TXA21, so there will be links!

Any guys who won't play? I assume not.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Rockets reportedly to test Howard/Asik starting together. To bad Wright is still out...

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/10/...e-mavs-rockets
Old 10-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk's Knee View Post
Rockets reportedly to test Howard/Asik starting together. To bad Wright is still out...

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/10/...e-mavs-rockets
Seeing as how next year they'll be worth as much as your average lottery team (37mill) , they might as well give it a shot.

Anyway, looks like Dirk will be back so q1 and q2 may be the first 20min we see of the big 3.

Just woulda been nice to have Wright to punish them for doing twin towers. Now we have a defensive guy, a 6'7" scrapper and a stiff. At least one of their centers has to guard Dirk, though.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #4
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Seeing as how next year they'll be worth as much as your average lottery team (37mill) , they might as well give it a shot.

Anyway, looks like Dirk will be back so q1 and q2 may be the first 20min we see of the big 3.

Just woulda been nice to have Wright to punish them for doing twin towers. Now we have a defensive guy, a 6'7" scrapper and a stiff. At least one of their centers has to guard Dirk, though.
This will be a real test. I expect to see Ellis slashing drawing in Asik for help defense and then dishing it out for open 3's. First half will be a an strong indicator if our offensive options will be able to make up for our less than desirable defense. And I'd expect a lot of fouling down low from our big men...

Last edited by Dirk's Knee; 10-21-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Dirk's Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #5
sinsin

sinsin will become famous soon enoughsinsin will become famous soon enough

i
am
PUMPED

omfg can't wait for the start of the season and the subsequent championship for dirk
sinsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #6
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Yess, it's on TV!! Now I can watch my Mavericks in peace. I really hope we dominate and shutdown Dwight and make him wish he came here. I hope Dalembert sends one of his shots to the 3rd row
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #7
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Link: http://firstrownow.eu/watch/215941/1...mavericks.html

(More will pop up there at game time)
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #8
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

The box score and W/L column are all that matter in the preseason... Best to skip the game and check the numbers tomorrow - you'll know everything you need to know about this team without actually having to watch these guys work together.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a freon-crusted paper bag that I need to get back to huffing.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-21-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #9
Dirk's Knee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
The box score and W/L column are all that matter in the preseason... Best to skip the game and check the numbers tomorrow - you'll know everything you need to know about this team without actually having to watch these guys work together.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a freon-crusted paper bag that I need to get back to huffing.
Ha! I actually think the box score does mean something in preseason games when it comes to individual player stats and the overall team performance. For example, I unfortunately missed last game but I wanted to look at Monta's performance without Dirk on the floor, Calderon's first showing, and Mekel as a backup. As we're past the halfway point of preseason, what we're seeing now (in the first half at least) is essentially what we're going to see the season opener and the matchup with the Rockets will be very telling. I expect the first half to be a very competitve matchup. There are very high expectations from many of the Rockets this year...

Last edited by Dirk's Knee; 10-21-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Dirk's Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #10
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk's Knee View Post
Ha! I actually think the box score does mean something in preseason games when it comes to individual player stats and the overall team performance. For example, I unfortunately missed last game but I wanted to look at Monta's performance without Dirk on the floor, Calderon's first showing, and Mekel as a backup.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #11
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That graph is hilarious.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #12
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Scientifically unsound at a near criminal level -- completely ignored the explosion in butt and copyright piracy.

It is clear now why Captain Planet had to take down MegaUpload.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 10-21-2013 at 05:55 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #13
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Scientifically unsound at a near criminal level -- completely ignored the explosion in butt and copyright piracy.

It is clear now why Captain Planet had to take down MegaUpload.
The Silk Road had a very high carbon footprint.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #14
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

GO MAVS! I'm so ready to watch Dirk/Ellis/Calderon!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #15
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Dalembert looks decently big and strong next to Howard surprisingly.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #16
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

The announcers are completely annoying. After 3:30 minutes I'm already thinking of putting it on mute. One gem: "Dwight is as fast as any PF in the league. He can play this position very well." OMG...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:19 PM   #17
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
The announcers are completely annoying. After 3:30 minutes I'm already thinking of putting it on mute. One gem: "Dwight is as fast as any PF in the league. He can play this position very well." OMG...
Describing Harden on Calderon as "child abuse"... o_0
Old 10-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #18
some1nw
Golden Member

some1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to all

even though it is only preseason i can already tell offensive is running more smoothly compared to last year
Old 10-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #19
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
Describing Harden on Calderon as "child abuse"... o_0
Well, the ones from Houston have always been known as annoying. Together with Boston, OKC, Portland they are amongst the worst in the league.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Old 10-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #20
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Dalembert should have made Lin make that shot..... don't come off of Dwight like that.....
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:25 PM   #21
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't watched Calderon enough.... wonder if he comes off the that pick and roll and can pinpoint Dirk with a bouncepass. Nash used to do that all the time......
Old 10-21-2013, 07:25 PM   #22
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Love seeing Ellis out there. Just gave a nice pass to Blair that he couldnt handle.

Announcers are obnoxious.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #23
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Link: http://firstrownow.eu/watch/215941/1...mavericks.html

(More will pop up there at game time)
Is there another live feed that doesn't require you to download special media players or flood you with pop-ups? I can't get the freaking KTXA feed here.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #24
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Just tuning in, I want to see how Gal does under the pressure of Patrick Beverly.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #25
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

To call these Houston announcers "bad" is an insult to everything that is only "bad".

These guys are the worst.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #26
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Oh man Vince is feeling it.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #27
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

VC 3
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #28
Bayliss

It would be nice if Blair could defensive rebound like he does offensive rebound.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #29
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I'm here, and I am loving it! Calderon is a beast in his first two starts! Also I was skeptical about Ellington early on, but this boy can shoot!
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #30
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I dont wanna get too excited, because it is just preseason, but the offense is going to be awesome.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #31
Bayliss

Just be thankful it aint Sean Elliott. Even Bill Simmons in his podcast the other day said Elliot was the worse and with the new League Pass audio option he is thankful he doesn't ever have to listen to him.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #32
LSMF
Diamond Member

Nice quarter by the Mavs.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #33
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Have you all forgotten about last season already? I can't say that I miss any of the departed aside from possibly Elton Brand. I'd love to still have him around. Oh well though. I love this year's team. May not be on par with the team that won in 2011, but it still will be a heck of a lot more fun to watch if it can stay healthy over the past 2 squads.
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #34
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
Is there another live feed that doesn't require you to download special media players or flood you with pop-ups? I can't get the freaking KTXA feed here.
I'm using this one as well and not having any problems. No pop-up blocker?
Anyway, try this one

Last edited by Sportstudi; 10-21-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #35
LSMF
Diamond Member

Relentless play by Blair.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #36
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
I'm using this one as well and not having any problems. No pop-up blocker?
Anyway, try this one
It keeps covering up the feed with some message about updating your media player...
Old 10-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #37
sike
The Preacha

I need more Dirk/Ellis/Calderon, please.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #38
sinsin

sinsin will become famous soon enoughsinsin will become famous soon enough

muahhaha
what a block by dirk
sinsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #39
LSMF
Diamond Member

So according to these Rocket announcers that was a "Playoff foul" by Dirk? What a joke.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #40
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsin View Post
muahhaha
what a block by dirk
clean block, that wasn't a foul. stupid announcers.