Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #41
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Ellis and Dirk got chemistry

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #42
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Ellis is too quick.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #43
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

I slap myself in the forehead every time Marion shoots a 3-pointer
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:01 PM   #44
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Mavs, step this up.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:01 PM   #45
sike
The Preacha

sloppy passing. no defense. Ugh.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #46
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
For JET it was all about pleasing the fans I think. He's a great entertainer. I miss his presence around here. Too bad we don't need him anymore with the guys who are currently here.
I wish he would hurry up and retire so we could replace Harper with him.

Last edited by MavsFTR; 10-23-2013 at 09:02 PM.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #47
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

That was a dime from Ellis
Old 10-23-2013, 09:06 PM   #48
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Jose to Dirk for 3. Sweet.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #49
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
Jose to Dirk for 3. Sweet.
Yup. He seemed determined to get the ball to the German.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #50
LSMF
Diamond Member

I think Gal is improving.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:15 PM   #51
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
I think Gal is improving.
I think his ceiling might be as a really solid 3rd PG.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #52
LSMF
Diamond Member

Gal!
Old 10-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #53
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

The only way Crowder will play any significant minutes this year is if Carter and/or Marion get traded or hurt.

And Crowder better learn to hit outside shots QUICKLY if he wants to sign another NBA contract. If not he will be released a la Roddy/DoJo etc.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #54
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Mekel lookin' better.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #55
sike
The Preacha

are the starters done for the game?

Old 10-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #56
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Mekel looking like he's actually played basketball before
Old 10-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #57
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Nice way to end the 3rd quarter.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Old 10-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #58
marc9211

marc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
The only way Crowder will play any significant minutes this year is if Carter and/or Marion get traded or hurt.

And Crowder better learn to hit outside shots QUICKLY if he wants to sign another NBA contract. If not he will be released a la Roddy/DoJo etc.
I agree he really needs to work if he's going to have a career in the NBA. There's almost no place for him to fit in on offense.. He's too short to be like a Faried type, he's not fast enough nor has the handles to drive and he can't shoot the outside shot. I'm just not sure what his place or role is on an NBA team.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #59
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I think his ceiling might be as a really solid 3rd PG.
I don't see why he couldn't be a solid backup someday. His vision is good, he has a nice runner, and he's 6'3 which is good size. If he can work hard on improving his jumper and defense he should be fine imo.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #60
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
are the starters done for the game?
Maybe, although I think I read that Carlisle said he wants to end treat the last two preseason games as real ones. Maybe we'll see some more minutes from Dirk, Monta and Calderon playing together.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #61
LSMF
Diamond Member

And another great pass by Gal.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #62
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
It's actually on FSSW tonight, FYI.
What radio station is it playing on? 1033 seems to have the baseball game.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #63
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

Monta started the preseason off pretty efficient. He seems to have gotten more inefficient since Calderon started playing. Maybe he is just rounding into regular season form as it approaches and it has nothing to do with Calderon.
sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #64
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Is it bad that I care more about preseason basketball than the World Series?
Old 10-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #65
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Dirk missing many open 3's.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #66
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Dirk missing many open 3's.
Yeah, he's gotten some completely wide open 3's. Maybe he's rushing them a bit.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #67
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Blair has no ACLs? Well at least he can't tear them
Old 10-23-2013, 09:47 PM   #68
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Monte "Too Quick" Ellis with the 2nd chance there! Very nice!

Last edited by NeedlesKane; 10-23-2013 at 09:49 PM.
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #69
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

So Dirk doesn't believe in rebounding anymore or is this just the preseason "mehs"?
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #70
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk hasn't rebounded in a while honestly. Just don't believe he puts in as much effort in it as he used to in that aspect......
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:00 PM   #71
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Dirk hasn't rebounded in a while honestly. Just don't believe he puts in as much effort in it as he used to in that aspect......
Yeah, I honestly don't like that. He only gets rebounds that fall in his direction. And I think his defensive effort can be much better. Love Dirk but I really would like to see his defense and rebounding get better.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #72
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

It's pre season, guys. Let's panic in January.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #73
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
It's pre season, guys. Let's panic in January.
I'm def not panicking, I think the offense is going to be great. Most of the guys were either getting really good looks, or completely wide open looks. The defense and rebounding is what I think they need to work on though.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #74
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

One thing I really like about the makeup of this roster is that it's almost forcing Rick to play some of the young guys in extended minutes. I think he's the greatest coach in the history of this franchise, but that is one area where he can improve. I'd love to see Mekel and Sarge (and Larkin, when he's healthy) get legitimate opportunities to be contributors with regular roles on this team, for the benefit of our vets' legs and our team's future. I'm also very excited to see what Ledo can do later this year or in the 14-15 season.

On an unrelated note, I also hope we pay Vince whatever he wants this summer. He's been a godsend for this team this past year-plus. There's no reason he shouldn't be in the thick of the Sixth Man award race this season.

Last edited by spreedom; 10-23-2013 at 10:40 PM.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:50 PM   #75
sike
The Preacha

I'm betting there will be PLENTY of nights this season where the Ellis/Dirk P&R causes us to forget about the JET/Dirk P&R.

That thing could be/should be absolutely deadly.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:05 AM   #76
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Just watching the highlight of that Monta drive in the second quarter again. Is there another player in the NBA who can, using only one hand, transition from dribbling and weaving through traffic at full speed to shooting a layup like that? It's subtle, but very much a signature thing for him, and I can't think of anybody else who would even try that kind of move.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 10-24-2013 at 12:05 AM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:13 AM   #77
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Overall, I like the feel of the team. It feels positive. Lots of good guys. Of course this is preseason and you don't know until the games become more meaningful.

I like Schroeder, looks a bit slim and short, but he's really smooth and can handle the ball. Hope he plays for Dallas one day.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #78
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Just watching the highlight of that Monta drive in the second quarter again. Is there another player in the NBA who can, using only one hand, transition from dribbling and weaving through traffic at full speed to shooting a layup like that? It's subtle, but very much a signature thing for him, and I can't think of anybody else who would even try that kind of move.
I mentioned this earlier, but I'm not sure that there is a quicker guy among the really good players in the League. He is lightening w the ball.

I hope Rick can get him thinking "attack" more than "shoot 20 footers"

Old 10-24-2013, 08:48 AM   #79
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sig View Post
Monta started the preseason off pretty efficient. He seems to have gotten more inefficient since Calderon started playing. Maybe he is just rounding into regular season form as it approaches and it has nothing to do with Calderon.
Only saw the second half, but it looked like the team in general wasn't shooting very good.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:49 AM   #80
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I really, really hope that Dalembert plays this way in the regular season. I have yet to really see the lethargic Daly and hope that I never do.

Oh and Kante please post the entire game if you find it, thanks.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote