Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default PGT: Matrix propels Mavs to 2-1

All of our starters and 6th man, Vince Carter, with double-digit points.

Marion with a 21/14 double-double.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-02-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #2
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Marion definitely showed up tonight.

Calderon started off very well. Cooled off after the start. But he dinally showed the capability.

Dirk has a pretty good overall game.

Ellis got involved and had a really nice game.

Dalembert is a very nice presence. He can finish around the rim.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #3
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Blair was terrific tonight, in addition to the obvious guys.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #4
GhostOfAdamMorrison
Banned

GhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enoughGhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Blair was terrific tonight, in addition to the obvious guys.
Despite being hefty, Blair is actually very agile...like a big cat. I love his ability to get steals and mix it up down low with floaters and put-backs. I remember him flat out embarrassing Brook Lopez a few times in the Rookie-Sophmore game with his agility.

Last edited by GhostOfAdamMorrison; 11-02-2013 at 10:18 PM.
GhostOfAdamMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Dirk has a pretty good overall game.
23 PPG through 3 games isn't so bad for a "washed-up player past his prime"...

Old 11-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #6
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Love Daly and Blair punch down low. With Ellis delivering some really nice passes. It was relieving to see how the team reacted to letting Memphis back in.

The fact that they could keep a lead as opposed to last year is a good indicator (even though only 3 games into the season) that this team is a hell of a lot better than last year.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #7
GhostOfAdamMorrison
Banned

GhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enoughGhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
23 PPG through 3 games isn't so bad for a "washed-up player past his prime"...
What's really nice to see is the consistency. 24, 22, 23.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #8
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Blair has been good in pretty much all 3 games, on offense. Tonight the Mavs played a lot better defense when he was out there. But then again he was also in there when Memphis got like 30 offensive boards in the 3rd quarter as well.

Can't wait til Wright and Harris come back. Team will be good. Surprising to most NBA analysts good.

(Oh and the Grizz are going to take a major step back this year. Can't wait to see it for Hollinger's sake.)
Old 11-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #9
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAdamMorrison View Post
What's really nice to see is the consistency. 24, 22, 23.
It's what quantum physicists refer to as the 'Nowitzki Scale'.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:25 PM   #10
GhostOfAdamMorrison
Banned

Quote:
Blair has been good in pretty much all 3 games, on offense. Tonight the Mavs played a lot better defense when he was out there. But then again he was also in there when Memphis got like 30 offensive boards in the 3rd quarter as well.

Can't wait til Wright and Harris come back. Team will be good. Surprising to most NBA analysts good.

(Oh and the Grizz are going to take a major step back this year. Can't wait to see it for Hollinger's sake.)

That I agree with you on. Denver won't make the playoffs and I'm not sold Memphis will, either. If they do, it ain't gonna be as a top 5 seed...
Old 11-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #11
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Im still shocked Memphis got rid of Lionel Hollins. Maybe someone knows more about it than I do, but memphis will be looking at 6-8 imo
Old 11-02-2013, 10:45 PM   #12
Bayliss

Oh and so far I think the Mavs chose the better backup European guard to sign. Granted there is still a long way to go in the season.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #13
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Bounced back nicely tonight. Now to prep up for another back 2 back starting Tuesday.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #14
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAdamMorrison View Post
Despite being hefty, Blair is actually very agile...like a big cat.
Love that comparison. I've always hate/admired Blair when he was a Spur. And now he is bringing that same odd looking, yet productive game to Big D. LOVE IT.

In addition, I really like how He *and Ellis* bring a needed and particular type of toughness to this Mavs squad.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 11-02-2013 at 11:02 PM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:58 PM   #15
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Love Daly and Blair punch down low. With Ellis delivering some really nice passes. It was relieving to see how the team reacted to letting Memphis back in.

The fact that they could keep a lead as opposed to last year is a good indicator (even though only 3 games into the season) that this team is a hell of a lot better than last year.
Great point! I'm betting Ellis and Calderon are so hungry to win...they will not be overwhelmed or quit on games. As compared to Collison and Mayo who could both just be consumed with "Deer in the headlightsitis"

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-02-2013, 11:01 PM   #16
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I think this game is the ultimate answer to anyone who wanted/wants to trade Marion. You absolutely only trade him for a supreme difference maker and nothing less. He is just awesome.

I was at the game and I will say that Ellis really did make a lot happen even if it didn't show up in the box score. When he chooses not to settle for the jump shot, then good things almost always happen.

The centers were superb. Blair totally took on the challenge of guarding Gasol. Blair might be a big x factor on this team.

Well Calderon almost found his shot. Still better than it has been.

Gosh, I just love when it is a team effort. When most guys play well, it just feels good.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:01 PM   #17
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Blair has been good in pretty much all 3 games,
Here is what I would add to this thought: Blair has been for us in these 3 games, what he has ALWAYS been. I see him as extremely consistent. He has serious limitations, but he always gives his all. I could easily see him being a Carlisle favorite.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #18
Underdog

That Mavs center who isn't Tyson Chandler got 14 points and 9 rebounds... And the guy who isn't Brendan Haywood got 8 points and 6 rebounds.

22/15 from the 5 is solid.

They had 6 steals too.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #19
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I think this game is the ultimate answer to anyone who wanted/wants to trade Marion. You absolutely only trade him for a supreme difference maker and nothing less.
on a side note, I could see free agents watching this group with Dirk/Ellis/Jose and really wanting to play with them.

If Marion is gone after this year...and I think he is...his money and Dirk's decrease in salary could make something happen now that the Mavs have more assets that a player might look for.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #20
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
That Mavs center who isn't Tyson Chandler got 14 points and 9 rebounds... And the guy who isn't Brendan Haywood got 8 points and 6 rebounds.

22/15 from the 5 is solid.

They had 6 steals too.
Great stats, UD.

I gotta say, I'm really enjoying DM right now.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #21
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
If Marion is gone after this year...and I think he is...his money and Dirk's decrease in salary could make something happen now that the Mavs have more assets that a player might look for.
Marion is going to take less salary and retire in Dallas... Words marked.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:17 PM   #22
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Marion is going to take less salary and retire in Dallas... Words marked.
Love the idea, but not at the expense of squeezing all the value of every penny to sign another difference maker. If said difference maker is actually wanting to come to Dallas.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #23
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I think the defense will get better when Devin and Wright come back...Devin can still stay in front of most guards in the NBA and Wright is a good shot blocker.

I'm way more better about this team in close games the last years team.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:24 PM   #24
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
I think the defense will get better when Devin and Wright come back...Devin can still stay in front of most guards in the NBA and Wright is a good shot blocker.

Agreed & agreed (so far).

Old 11-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #25
Underdog

Quote:
Love the idea, but not at the expense of squeezing all the value of every penny to sign another difference maker. If said difference maker is actually wanting to come to Dallas.
Maybe (technically) both can happen? I'm an optimist.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:26 PM   #26
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
on a side note, I could see free agents watching this group with Dirk/Ellis/Jose and really wanting to play with them.

You know, I will say that people keep thinking Marion is gone year after year. I thought for sure that Marion was not going to be on this team before the summer began. And well, here we are smiling at the awesomeness of the Matrix. I think many underestimate how much Cuban loves Marion. And I certainly wouldn't write it in stone that he won't be on the team next season.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #27
Melonhead
Guru

I cant envision Marion somewhere else. That would be a sad day.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:33 PM   #28
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Maybe (technically) both can happen? I'm an optimist.
Maybe both can happen AND we all get our favorite desserts!

Old 11-02-2013, 11:55 PM   #29
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post

Our backup PG situation will be better that's for sure. Who knows.. maybe Devin could start at PG.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:46 AM   #30
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Other than the fact that our defense has generally been pretty lousy, I'm loving our team top-to-bottom so far this year. They're playing loose and confidently, and it's showing. I still think we have one or two small moves in store before the end of the year, whether it's a trade or dramatically shifting the rotation for more balance, if/when we get everyone back healthy. I still don't think Calderon and Ellis fit together, so I'd lean towards us starting Devin at shooting guard and bringing Monta in off the bench.

I also think something's going to have to give with our crowded backcourt. I don't see us keeping Mekel AND Larkin beyond this year, especially if we re-sign Devin and Vince.

Also, I hope Ellington gets a decent look in the next handful of games. He seems like he has potential to develop into a solid 3-and-D backup. His footwork isn't very good but he's athletic enough that he should be able to make his man work hard for his numbers.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:02 AM   #31
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

46 FTAs has to be some sort of record in recent history.

€dit:

Here we go

Actually 46 FTAs with 86.95% is really rare, last to do that were: The Mavericks in 2010!

Last edited by j0Shi; 11-03-2013 at 01:10 AM. Reason: added link and then another link
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:13 AM   #32
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I remember we had a playoff game against San Antonio where we shot 49/50 (damn you, Najera!), including 49 consecutive makes.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:54 AM   #33
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

We have been burned by fool's gold so many times in the past...Haywood, Damp, Diop for starters...guys capable of looking great in spurts, that I am hesitant to get excited. But, if Dalembert can catch and finish, he will get a lot of chances, considering the way these guards can drive and pass. Hopefully, that keeps him energized on the defensive end as well. Except for the 1st quarter against Howard, his defense has been solid.

Ellis is the most talented guard Dirk has played with since Nash left. The BBIQ across the board has gone way up 200% at the guard spot. That means better passing and ball movement, and easier shots.

A lot to be excited about. Great bounceback from that Houston drubbing.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #34
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Blair has been a surprise so far, his D is what we thought it would be. I can't wait untul Wright gets back as he is even a better finisher off P&R with Ellis.
Ellis/Calderon both with 38 minutes and Mekel with no run in the 2nd half, made me wonder a bit.

And i really like Dalembert and his attitude.

Nice to see that they hold onto the lead for the game, good win!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #35
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I only saw the 4th quarter, but in looking at the box score and the game flow it's interesting to note that Carlisle shortened his rotation. Mekel didn't play in the second half and Ellington got a DNP, with Crowder taking some of his minutes.

This will be interesting to watch moving forward. Mekel isn't very surprising, he hasn't looked ready to be a rotation player imo (which shouldn't be surprising).

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #36
Bayliss

Quote:
Mekel didn't play in the second half and Ellington got a DNP, with Crowder taking some of his minutes.
If Crowder can hit the outside shot he is a better fit. Ellington hasn't been good since the season started. But knowing Carlisle and his "always ready" mentallity... Crowder will probably get a DNP next game.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:54 AM   #37
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

You really need to impress the heck out of Carlisle to get consistent minutes. Wright can testify to that.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #38
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Looking at the box score it appears they only played 9 different guys. That's pretty much a playoff rotation. It looks like we could really use Wright and Harris back for some much needed quality depth.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #39
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
46 FTAs has to be some sort of record in recent history.

€dit:

Here we go

Actually 46 FTAs with 86.95% is really rare, last to do that were: The Mavericks in 2010!
Memphis's 34 fouls was the most by any Mavs opponent since January 12, 2007 (an OT win at Indiana).

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #40
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I only saw the 4th quarter, but in looking at the box score and the game flow it's interesting to note that Carlisle shortened his rotation. Mekel didn't play in the second half and Ellington got a DNP, with Crowder taking some of his minutes.

This will be interesting to watch moving forward. Mekel isn't very surprising, he hasn't looked ready to be a rotation player imo (which shouldn't be surprising).
In the last two years it felt like we were always at the top of different (starting) lineups played due to varying reasons. Consistency would be a nice change.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote