Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-25-2005, 09:26 AM   #1
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road
Default Reggie Evans

I heard on Cooperstein's show yesterday where he said that he talked to a couple of people high in the Sonics FO and stated that they where just going to let Evans go to FA.

Any interest? He would defianlty be a HIGH energy guy off the bench and is really good at getting under peoples skin. Plus he a HUGE rebounder for a guy his size. I wonder if there is a way to split the MLE to get both Evans and bring back Raja Bell?
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 09:32 AM   #2
Intruder

Intruder is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Reggie Evans

He is a foul magnet. He does bring energy, but that is it.
Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 09:47 AM   #3
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Reggie Evans

I'd rather see Ratliff myself, just because he is more of a shotblocker. But Evans/Bell I wouldn't complain about either. Wouldn't complain if they brought back Najera either. I don't think that Najera, Bell, or Evans are the guys to put them in the finals, but you never know.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 10:57 AM   #4
bo319

bo319 is on a distinguished road

Evans is the type of dirty work guy that could work for us. He is a beast on the boards and does not back down and is physical on defense. Sure his game is ugly but for a cheap alternative he would be great.
bo319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 06:15 PM   #5
Lonely PSU Mavs Fan

Lonely PSU Mavs Fan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: bo319
Evans is the type of dirty work guy that could work for us. He is a beast on the boards and does not back down and is physical on defense. Sure his game is ugly but for a cheap alternative he would be great.

insert Fortson's name and this could be a post from last year. We were saying the same things to rationalize his game.

To agree with you bo, i do like reggie's intensity and would prefer him over fortson any day.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:24 PM   #6
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

I think Reggie Evans can come in and take over the Alan Henderson role if we do not re-sign him. I would not be opposed to getting him if we let Hendu go.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 12:04 AM   #7
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

In the regular season Reggie avgd 4.9 ppg and 9.3 rbpg in just 23.8 minutes per game. If the mavs could get that kind of production from the backup powerforward center position they would be thrilled.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 10:56 AM   #8
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

I'd prefer Gadzuric.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:11 PM   #9
bo319

bo319 is on a distinguished road

I don't think Gadzuric is going to be available. Milwaukee has the #1 pick and with Gad averaging 7 ppg and 8 rbpg I don't think they will go for Bogut. I believe that they will take Marvin Williams at #1 to team up with Redd, Mason, Gadzuric, and hopefully one day TJ Ford. That is not a bad 5...in the East especially.
bo319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 08:43 PM   #10
Mavs4skin

Mavs4skin is on a distinguished road

Damp is here. Why would you want Evans

Damp>Evans
Mavs4skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 11:36 PM   #11
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

I have to say, I love Reggie. Talk about a tough player. He's probably top 5 in the league. Still raw, but probably THE best rebounder out there. He had a top 10 rebounding year of all time. ESPN had an article about how Reggie was the new Rodman in terms of rebounding.

I would love to add him. He would be the best person to either bring off the bench at the 5 or the 4. Good size and strength. He's a better Foster IMO. Plus he's still young. Sign him to the MLE and you will be happy, he's a true hard worker.

EDIT: Here's that ESPN article, hopefully its not Insider. Link
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 12:51 AM   #12
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: foglemann Sign him to the MLE and you will be happy,
I don't think he would be.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 02:33 AM   #13
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson
Quote:
Originally posted by: foglemann Sign him to the MLE and you will be happy,
I don't think he would be.
Hey, you never know, he's still has no offensive game for being in the league, what, three years. He can rebound, but that's about it, other than defend. I just don't see him getting his door knocked down this offseason with the amount of PF's that are out there. Also, Seattle has such a mess of FA's that they have to sign and Collisen will want a major role next season, that Reggie will be the least of there worries.

I'd say he would be happy with about 4 Mill. a year for about four years or so. Sounds like a good signing to me, he's only 25. I find him to be my next favorite signing after, yall are going to hate me but, Marko Jaric!!!
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 02:44 AM   #14
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Dennis Rodman never had an offensive game either... Sorry, but it'll take quite a bit more than the MLE to get Evans.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 11:49 AM   #15
Dalhoop

Dalhoop has a spectacular aura aboutDalhoop has a spectacular aura about

It will be hard to get a player to sign with the Mavs because the starting up is set. Most young players (those that are "on the cusp of stardom, in their own minds") will not sign a deal to ride the pine for the foreseeable future. Dallas best chance would be in a trade situation.
Dalhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 03:20 PM   #16
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Reggie Evans would be the perfect backup to Josh Howard. He has the muscle that Howard doesnt have-- he brings a lot of the same things, and he's a team player that would come off the bench and bring energy. He also wouldnt be expected to play 40 minutes-- he'd be backing up Howard so fouls wouldnt matter too much. Between Howard's tendency to collect fouls and Evans' we'd be full there. We'd be much better defensively. He'd just be a nice defensive piece to plug in at the 3, 4 or 5...

So which 2 would we get rid of then? If our 3 was 2 deep with defensive players, then there wouldnt be a lot of room to play a as a 3.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote