Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

View Poll Results: Who should be next Cowboys Coach??
Keep Wade Phillips 4 8.51%
Hire Bill Cowher 25 53.19%
Hire Jimmy Johnson 4 8.51%
Promote Jason Garrett to Head Coach 4 8.51%
Hire someone else(3rd party) 10 21.28%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat View Post
I feel like getting Jason Garrett is probably the right call. Letting him go seems like it could be another Sean Peyton situation.
The difference here is that I thought Peyton was actually a good coordinator.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:49 AM   #2
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
The history on Payton seems kind of mixed. Don't forget that he was stripped of his playcalling duties back in New York by Fassel and essentially run out of town. Then he landed here where he ran some fairly average offenses (although admittedly he didn't have a ton to work with at the time). I hear a lot of people say that they believed Payton was a great coordinator all along, but I can't say I ever foresaw what has happened down in New Orleans. Maybe you saw something beyond all that, and if so, you obviously did a better job evaluating that one than me.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:55 AM   #3
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
The history on Payton seems kind of mixed. Don't forget that he was stripped of his playcalling duties back in New York by Fassel and essentially run out of town. Then he landed here where he ran some fairly average offenses (although admittedly he didn't have a ton to work with at the time). I hear a lot of people say that they believed Payton was a great coordinator all along, but I can't say I ever foresaw what has happened down in New Orleans. Maybe you saw something beyond all that, and if so, you obviously did a better job evaluating that one than me.
Oh not at all. He just never did anything to make me think that he was a bad coordinator. Garret, on the other hand, has done a lot over the years to make me think that.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:13 AM   #4
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
eh. Jason Garrett is intelligent. He learns. some of the things he's done can be explained by looking at what cards he's playing with. and sometimes he just gets out coached. it happens to every coach in the league.

he's not perfect, but i like the attitude he's instilled in this team over the last three games.

bringing in gruden would be the worst mistake you could make. he's horrible.

Tags
fluffy pandering