Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 08-08-2005, 01:09 PM   #1
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all
Default Utah Taking offers on Boozer and Harpring (mav's mention)

According to Pro Basketball News, Utah is taking offers on Matt Harpring and Carlos Boozer. The article mentions the Mavs, Hawks, and Celtics as the most ardent suitors.

How about KVH for Boozer? More toughness, better rebounding.

Thoughts?
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2005, 01:16 PM   #2
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Utah Taking offers on Boozer and Harpring (mav's mention)

I want no part of Boozer.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 01:31 PM   #3
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

give me boozer - so that we can enjoy this site carlos
Old 08-08-2005, 01:51 PM   #4
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I would've loved Harpring a couple of years ago, before his injuries, and back when we had nobody at the SF. These days, I have to say no.

And a big, fat no to Boozer, of course.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 01:53 PM   #5
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES
give me boozer - so that we can enjoy this site carlos
Greatness.

Old 08-08-2005, 05:39 PM   #6
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough

I would consider it if they would take Finley. If you could get a 3rd team involved to take boozer that would be the best option. His game does not fit well with Dirk on the floor.

Finley/Al Harrington to Utah

Boozer/TAW to Atlanta

Harpring/Girecek/Trade Exception from Atalanta to Dallas

or

Pierce/Blount (maybe Harpring) to Dallas

Boozer/Harpring(or Danials)/Dallas 1st rounder to Boston

KVH to Utah
Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 05:44 PM   #7
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Stressboy
I would consider it if they would take Finley. If you could get a 3rd team involved to take boozer that would be the best option. His game does not fit well with Dirk on the floor.

Finley/Al Harrington to Utah

Boozer/TAW to Atlanta

Harpring/Girecek/Trade Exception from Atalanta to Dallas

or

Pierce/Blount (maybe Harpring) to Dallas

Boozer/Harpring(or Danials)/Dallas 1st rounder to Boston

KVH to Utah
Interesting... very interesting... I like the way you think.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:29 PM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Utah Taking offers on Boozer and Harpring (mav's mention)

I like that second idea, Stress.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 07:44 PM   #9
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Stressboy - I had some thoughts along the same lines as your second idea, but then I convinced myself that Utah would just end up cutting us out of the loop and taking Pierce back from Boston.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:44 PM   #10
Mavs414

Mavs414 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
I like that second idea, Stress.
me too

Old 08-08-2005, 08:07 PM   #11
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough

But Pierce would probably not be happy playing in Utah.
Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 01:46 AM   #12
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

How 'bout a 4-way between Utah, Atlanta, Boston and Dallas?

We may actually end up with Pierce without giving up much more than just expiring contracts in KVH, TAW a 1st rounder and may be Daniels.

Not sure of what the other teams need, hence I didn't want to waste everyone's bandwidth by mere speculations.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 02:04 AM   #13
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

I would love boozer here. That is a good match-up for amare. better than sto, kwame, hunter or any of the big men that get talked about on this board. He had a bad parting with the cavs but i think for someone to put up his numbers he is not lazy. Larry Miller might feel as if hes not a good value but I don't think hes lazy by any means. Have you not seen this guy play? He is a monster on the boards.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:15 AM   #14
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Dirk needs a star sidekick... not a star backup!

I say no to Boozer in Dallas but yes to use him in a 3-way or 4-way trade to land PP.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 09:44 AM   #15
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

You can never have too many star big guys, ask detroit
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 10:51 AM   #16
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Detroit doesn't have a Dirk who should play 40 mins a night no matter what. Sheed and McDyess split time during the playoffs, I don't see that happening w Dirk and Loozer..

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 01:20 PM   #17
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Utah Taking offers on Boozer and Harpring (mav's mention)

I don't think Boston would be interested in Boozer and his 5 year albatross contract. Danny Ainge said that the main reason he had to let Antoine Walker go was because he wouldn't committ six years to someone that plays Al Jefferson's position. It is a good idea though, the 3 way trade, just have to find someone that wants Carlos Boozer. Atlanta makes sense.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 01:58 PM   #18
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough

Daniels/KVH for Boozer/Harpring/Collins works financially and makes some sense for both teams.

Dampier (30) / Boozer (10) / Collins (8)
Dirk (28) / Boozer (20)
Howard (36) / Dirk (12)
Stackhouse (30) / Harpring (18)
Terry (28) / Harris (20)

Its an upgrade in offense in rebounding, but you lose some defense.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 02:42 PM   #19
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Misfit Mav
Daniels/KVH for Boozer/Harpring/Collins works financially and makes some sense for both teams.

Dirk (28) / Boozer (20)
Howard (36) / Dirk (12)
Terry (28) / Harris (20)

We've made huge improvements defensively last year, and Avery seems intent on continuing that trend. Why would wou want to take a step backwards? I don't see this as an upgrade on offense, either. The only way we're going to get better on offense is to improve ball movement.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:45 PM   #20
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson
Quote:
Originally posted by: Misfit Mav

Dirk (28) / Boozer (20)
Howard (36) / Dirk (12)
Terry (28) / Harris (20)

We've made huge improvements defensively last year, and Avery seems intent on continuing that trend. Why would wou want to take a step backwards? I don't see this as an upgrade on offense, either. The only way we're going to get better on offense is to improve ball movement.
Upgrade on offense comes from Boozer ability to score on the block, as we don't have a traditional low-post scorer on the roster. He's got great post moves, and I think he would be a great complement to Dirk's inside-out game.

But, I understand your concerns about defense.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:26 PM   #21
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, not to rain on the Boozer parade, but today Utah Jazz senior vice president of basketball operations Kevin O'Connor responded agrily to the Boozer/Harpring rumours by telling the Deseret News, "That's an absolute lie. It's an absolute lie. We're not shopping them and it's an absolute lie". Additionally, Mark Cuban seemed to confirm O'Conner's claim by telling the same paper via email that, "We haven't talked to the Jazz at all," and that the Mavs "haven't heard one way or the other" whether the Jazz are offering Boozer or Harpring." Deseret News Link