Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-26-2003, 05:29 PM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I have a '89 Toyota Celica(i lead the old school).

What about you?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2003, 05:39 PM   #2
DwD

DwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the rough

2000 Infiniti QX4
Old 03-26-2003, 05:43 PM   #3
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

'98 Camery.
Old 03-26-2003, 05:52 PM   #4
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

1988 Mercury Cougar LS, 2/97 through 6/98, then..
1990 Buick Riviera, 7/98 through 7/02 then..
2002 GMC Sierra Z71, 8/02 through now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Obviously, I made some real strides upward in the last year.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 05:52 PM   #5
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

'98 Trooper (typical soccer mom vehicle)
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 05:54 PM   #6
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

<< 1988 Mercury Cougar LS, 2/97 through 6/98, then..
2002 GMC Sierra Z71, 8/02 through now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

>>

let me borrow $5 since you got money to get all those cars
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 03-26-2003, 06:02 PM   #7
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I've got two vehicles: a '99 4runner and a '95 T-bird. I let the t-bird rot.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 06:02 PM   #8
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

<< '98 Camery. >>

In college: '87 Ford Taurus
First real job - company car: earlier model BMW 3.25M

I drove some of my parents' cars for short stints in there
Old 03-26-2003, 06:07 PM   #9
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

1987 Toyota Corolla.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 06:10 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I job or ride my bicycle everywhere. Cars are bad for the environment
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 06:14 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Shame on you, shame on all of you.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 06:29 PM   #12
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

An Expedition 2003.

Red because red's run faster.

Old 03-26-2003, 06:31 PM   #13
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

<< I job or ride my bicycle everywhere. Cars are bad for the environment >>

From the watch party thread:

<< What do you expect? I'm Murph. I get the parking spot closest to the building >>

???

Old 03-26-2003, 06:31 PM   #14
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

<< I job or ride my bicycle everywhere. Cars are bad for the environment >>

So, you run into women with your bike? That's really weird. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2003, 06:38 PM   #15
Nash13
Diamond Member

here's something that's more weird sweets, he runs into women's cars with his bike. I wonder which one will win?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

~The Salesman
Old 03-26-2003, 07:12 PM   #16
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 07:17 PM   #17
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

2001 White Mercury Sable
Old 03-26-2003, 07:24 PM   #18
veruca salt
Platinum Member

oh oh..i just traded.

Smile like you mean it
Old 03-26-2003, 07:46 PM   #19
OzMavs
Platinum Member

Veruca: The dial-up killer.

Old 03-26-2003, 07:56 PM   #20
Chiwas
Guru

<< Veruca: The dial-up killer. >>

Hehehe. Yes.
Old 03-26-2003, 08:03 PM   #21
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

2001 Ford F150 Quad cab 4x4
Old 03-26-2003, 08:05 PM   #22
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I don't have a car anymore. My parents sold it w/out telling me while I was off at college. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] This is what I get for pursuing a higher education.

I used to have a 1990 Ford Taurus. The brakes worked most of the time.
Old 03-26-2003, 09:08 PM   #23
veruca salt
Platinum Member

<< Veruca: The dial-up killer. >>

veruca: owner of broadband
*yes* [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Oh, by the way, I can't even drive, I just really like the band Trans Am, so
by association i'd like to own a Trans Am too.

Smile like you mean it
Old 03-26-2003, 11:21 PM   #24
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

100% American made Ford F-150 extended cab.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 01:26 AM   #25
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

kinda hard to talk about cars if you dont even have a license yet.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
lets hear it chiwas,comm'on,i know your waiting for moments like this![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 01:55 AM   #26
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

<<

<< 1988 Mercury Cougar LS, 2/97 through 6/98, then..

>>

let me borrow $5 since you got money to get all those cars
>>

Hahah.. dude, read it again. I had two old ass, prevously owned by old grandma Pimpmobiles, that cost me about $5000 a piece, and the only reason I could afford the second was because I totaled the first driving too fast, got some insurance money, and my parents bailed me out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

So to you, I say, go forth and get ye ass a job. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 05:09 AM   #27
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

I love it.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 09:21 AM   #28
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

1994 Isuzu Rodeo

Before that, a 1986 Ford Bronco (the engine exploded on me)
Before that, my grandma's old Pontiac Parisienne... what a pimp-mobile!
Old 03-27-2003, 10:07 AM   #29
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

2003 350 Z
Old 03-27-2003, 10:21 AM   #30
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Since I must reply.

I actually drive two vehicles. One is mine and one is my fiance's. I haven't drove mine in 2 months...

Mine: 96 emerald Green Dodge Ram extended cab, 5.9l 360 V8
Hers: 97 Grand AM, little 4 cyl, Gets great gas mileage.

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 10:25 AM   #31
Chiwas
Guru

<< kinda hard to talk about cars if you dont even have a license yet.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
lets hear it chiwas,comm'on,i know your waiting for moments like this![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
>>

Okey...let me think....try this:

Do you need a license in your island? You should come to live in Mexico.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:52 PM   #32
Nash13
Diamond Member

does anybody have like a rich person's car? like a mercedes, lexus, lambo, etc.

~The Salesman
Old 03-27-2003, 03:11 PM   #33
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I have a Humvee. I keep it on my desk on top of a stack of papers. Right next to my Yoda action figure.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 03:18 PM   #34
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

1994 Dark Blue Toyota 4x4 V6 Extra Cab. I bought it new and am still driving it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 03:23 PM   #35
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

I sat in a humvee H1 once at the car show @ fair park...That count?

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 03:46 PM   #36
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

<< does anybody have like a rich person's car? like a mercedes, lexus, lambo, etc. >>

No, if any of us were that well off we'd be out driving the expensive car and buying other cool stuff instead of posting at D-M.com. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2003, 11:44 PM   #37
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

2002 Ford Mustang.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 03:09 AM   #38
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

2000 VW Polo, look out Australia when i get my real liscence. (I have my learners liscence until June when I can take my test.)
Old 03-28-2003, 08:30 AM   #39
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

<< does anybody have like a rich person's car? like a mercedes, lexus, lambo, etc. >>

Mum and dad have got a couple of mercedes... they don't like me practicing in them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2003, 05:35 PM   #40
veruca salt
Platinum Member

I only have my learners too scooter (i have a feeling i'm a bit older than you though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img])
How long do you have to have your Ls for before you can get your Ps?
Is it the same in NSW as it is in QLD?
I've had my L's for...3 years now, so i'm pretty sure if I could drive (which i can't) I could get
my Ps. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Fidel, I'm glad you approve [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it