Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-26-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
peruna11

peruna11 is on a distinguished road
Default Ray Allen?

Someone posted the following on Dallasbasketball.com message board section. I searched around the net to see if I could find any more info regarding this, but I couldn't find anything else.

Sonics' Allen to Bulls or Cavs or Mavs

Monday, Jun 25, 2007 12:25 pm EDT
Ray Allen

New Seattle SuperSonics GM Sam Presti has to figure out what to do with Ray Allen, who could be on the move if Presti decides to completely rebuild.

The Sonics turned down the Toronto Raptors' offer of the No. 1 pick last June for Allen, but the Chicago Bulls, Cleveland Cavaliers, and Dallas Mavericks are just three of the teams expected to try to get Allen if he's put on the block.

Source: New York Daily News
peruna11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2007, 05:33 PM   #2
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

I saw this too, but the quote is faked!

Here the true article:

Allen could go in Sonic broom

Drafting Kevin Durant at No. 2 is the easy part for new Sonics GM Sam Presti. The hard part is figuring out what to do with Ray Allen, who could be on the move if Presti decides to completely rebuild. The Sonics turned down Toronto's offer of the No. 1 pick last June for Allen, but Chicago and Cleveland are just two of the teams expected to try to get Allen if he's put on the block. Toronto doesn't have the cap space to land Allen. Several GMs expect Seattle's free-agent-to-be, Rashard Lewis, to leave, with Orlando as his prime destination, with Carter likely re-signing in New Jersey. But Michael Jordan says the Bobcats are going to start spending big money on free agents and if owner Bob Johnson opens his vault for the first time, Lewis could wind up in Charlotte. Where have you heard this one before: Isiah Thomas doesn't have the pieces to land Lewis in a sign-and-trade.

LINK

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:49 PM   #3
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

no......get PIERCE...low post terror like bonzi wells, and he isn't nuts.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:57 AM   #4
Mavsin08

Mavsin08 is on a distinguished road

I agree. Our first priority of a star to get IMO should be Pierce, I think he would fit perfectly into our system. Also isn't afraid to take over a game when needed. And like rakesh.s said, he can bang, which is someone we need.

But if we can't get Pierce, then go for Allen, just don't act desperate and trade away all your future pieces.
Mavsin08 is offline   Reply With Quote