Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-21-2004, 12:53 PM   #1
Chelette

Chelette is on a distinguished road
Default Game 2 post game comments from CryWebb & Rich Adelman

I THINK THIS 2 GUYS SUCKS A LOT.........

Sacramento Forward Chris Webber

Eduardo Najera:
When the only reason why someone is playing so they can frustrate you or beat you up a little bit, it’s easy to say that’s all he’s there for. So, I really don’t care about it. That’s their strategy. I just want to win

Sacramento Head Coach Rick Adelman

You throw in a guy like Najera and the only reason he’s in the game is to beat the hell out of Webber. I don’t think there’s a place for that in the league.

Souns like "please don't hurt my baby" buuuuuaaaaaaaa

You 'll see what gonna happen to crywebb back in the Big D........

Chelette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2004, 12:58 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Game 2 post game comments from CryWebb & Rich Adelman

I want to see someone else have eddie's back on this one. Hmmmmm but who will it be... No one unfortunately.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 01:02 PM   #3
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

What a couple of pussies. Eddie was playing terrific physical playoff basketball. Nothing dirty about what he was doing out there.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:23 PM   #4
Chelette

Default RE:Game 2 post game comments from CryWebb & Rich Adelman

remember the fight that Eddie got into in a game at the preolimpics in Puerto. Rico....well thats the spirit..you should not back up from no one.......even if the other guy is bigger.......thats says a lot about Eddie.....no matter who is he playing agains, he will always give his best effort.....I hope some other mavs players learn from this.......
Old 04-21-2004, 01:28 PM   #5
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road

I think Adelman doesn't like the Najera plays because he seems to reverse momentum when he is in the game for the Mav's...

If they have ever watched film of Eddie they could see Eddie was playing the way Eddie normally does (with a lot of hustle), and if Webber thinks Eddie is to physical. Then if the King's manage to win this series and the next, and happen to be matched up with the Laker's I would love to see his comments after being matched up with Karl Malone...

Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 02:41 PM   #6
Marv Albert

Marv Albert is on a distinguished road

I think Adelman doesn't like Najera's play because Najera comes in and has at least 2 or 3 plays right away where he's crashing into Webber's legs or purposely entangling his legs with Webber's.

And then there's the other "intangibles" he brings:

Old 04-21-2004, 02:46 PM   #7
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

What a couple of pussies
flat-out, scared pussies

Yes, he was aggravating Chris Webber and slowing him down. But that's what you're supposed to do!!!! I think pansy-boy Cry-Webb was just upset cause he doesn't like when he's matched up against somebody decent. And how did he concur that the only reason he's on the court is to aggravate him? Najera was playing basketball, and he was playing defense, and playing defense means getting in your opponent's face. If we wanted another player to come out on the floor and shy away on defense we could probably find someone. I find no way they can use this to try and get people to dislike Najera. They might as well complain:

"WHAAAA!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] He was playing basketball!! WHAAA!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

What a couple of worthless pussies. I hope they know what's in store for them when they come to Dallas.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 02:55 PM   #8
Chelette

Hey crywebb should be thankfull,,,Najera was giving him a helping hand......hehehe
Old 04-21-2004, 03:12 PM   #9
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

man, that play right there in the picture... i don't think it was a foul on eddie. remember how webber then came down on eddie with his elbows?
Old 04-21-2004, 04:00 PM   #10
Marv Albert

Marv Albert is on a distinguished road

Webber came down on Najera because (as you can see in the picture) Najera bent down and put one of his arms between Webber's legs.

Najera himself even knows he's not out there because of his basketball skills:
“It’s very difficult obviously to guard Webber. He almost had a triple double at halftime. He’s so talented. Even with the injury, I mean he’s still 6-10 and has a big body, and he’s really tough to guard. The best thing I can do is try to frustrate him.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:10 PM   #11
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The best thing I can do is try to frustrate him.
Isn't that what he's supposed to do? I really don't think he was playing dirty or going at Webbers knees. His play stands out because he's one of the few physical players that we have.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:45 PM   #12
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Marv Albert
Webber came down on Najera because (as you can see in the picture) Najera bent down and put one of his arms between Webber's legs.

“It’s very difficult obviously to guard Webber. He almost had a triple double at halftime. He’s so talented. Even with the injury, I mean he’s still 6-10 and has a big body, and he’s really tough to guard. The best thing I can do is try to frustrate him.
I disagree with your assessment of Nájera, Marv--at least as far as last night went. Nájera played a clean, physical game, and that frustrated SheWebb, who is a major-league pu$$y, and never wants to have to work, never wants to be pushed to accomplish anything. The other players should just stand back and behold his magnificence.

The picture you post is out-of-context, and misleading. I actually thought that Webber came VERY close to delivering a cheap shot on that play, and that Javie (I believe) was blocked on the baseline from seeing how much after-the-whistle contact Webber was responsible for.

Nájera is a blue-collar player all the way--something the Mavs need a whole lot more of. His play last night was EXACTLY what the Mavs needed, and was as clean and within-the-rules as anything Divac ever thought about doing.

SheWebb and Addled-man and Kings fans should STF up about Nájera. They should just think of him as a Pollard, acknowledge a the good contribution of a limited-ability player and shut up.

SheWebb in particular should get as much out of her talent as Eddie does out of his. Bitch wouldn't be standing there with no rings if she did.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 04:55 PM   #13
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Quote:
Originally posted by: Marv Albert

I disagree with your assessment of Nájera, Marv--at least as far as last night went. Nájera played a clean, physical game, and that frustrated SheWebb, who is a major-league pu$$y, and never wants to have to work, never wants to be pushed to accomplish anything. The other players should just stand back and behold his magnificence.

The picture you post is out-of-context, and misleading. I actually thought that Webber came VERY close to delivering a cheap shot on that play, and that Javie (I believe) was blocked on the baseline from seeing how much after-the-whistle contact Webber was responsible for.

Nájera is a blue-collar player all the way--something the Mavs need a whole lot more of. His play last night was EXACTLY what the Mavs needed, and was as clean and within-the-rules as anything Divac ever thought about doing.

SheWebb and Addled-man and Kings fans should STF up about Nájera. They should just think of him as a Pollard, acknowledge a the good contribution of a limited-ability player and shut up.

SheWebb in particular should get as much out of her talent as Eddie does out of his. Bitch wouldn't be standing there with no rings if she did.
Dont hold back man... Please!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2004, 04:59 PM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

cry me a river queens.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:14 PM   #15
Chelette

who you thing is the best player or was the player ever in the NBA to do what Eddie does in the game? talkin about huzzling, and all the dirty work......maybe Cuban can hired that guy, if he is still alive, so he can coach our guys..........imagine Rodman coaching Eddie......
Old 04-21-2004, 05:30 PM   #16
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

No need to get as extreme as Rodman.

Paul Silas was that kind of player, and he's actually a responsible, productive, successful NBA coach. Unfortunately, he's likely to be engaged by Cleveland for the next couple of years, at least.

Bill Cartwright was that kind of player too, during the latter phase of his career with the Bulls. Not sure he's right for the Mavs as a coach now though.

Jerry Sloan was that kind of player. Hmm......
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:43 PM   #17
Chelette

i AGREE WITH YOU...i DO NOT LIKE TO SEE eDDIE WITH REED HAIR AND A RING ON HIS NOSE.....
Old 04-21-2004, 05:44 PM   #18
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Sloan strikes me as too loyal to bail on Utah for greener pastures and a bigger paycheck
Old 04-21-2004, 07:03 PM   #19
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing new....all of our "centers" have been accussed of playing dirty this year. Bradley and his elbows, Fortson and the Phoenix kid, Williams with Malone (Suns incident) and Najera and his pesky maneuverings.

Is it possible to be "soft" and "dirty" at the same time?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 07:43 AM   #20
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

A clear play on the ball, Marv.

Well, technically you might say SheWebb had lost posession of his at the time.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 01:31 PM   #21
Chelette

Unlees its a used toilet paper..-....hehehhe

Old 04-22-2004, 03:57 PM   #22
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
Nothing new....all of our "centers" have been accussed of playing dirty this year. Bradley and his elbows, Fortson and the Phoenix kid, Williams with Malone (Suns incident) and Najera and his pesky maneuverings.

Is it possible to be "soft" and "dirty" at the same time?
No one is accusing Willianms of doing anything dirty on that Malone injury, though. That was a freak incident.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 08:27 AM   #23
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Fine get rid of that type of player, I personally would love to see it eliminated from the game, but when you do stop shaq from just throwing his fatness at people and rolling over them like a big snowball. Also these players would be out well before Najera.
Brad Miller
Bruce Bowen
Karl Malone
Gary Trent
Ginobili-He gets away with more uncalled fouls than anyone outside of shaq
Stromile Swift
Kelvin Kato
Charles Oakley
Jason Collins
Corliss Williamson
Scot Pollard

That is just a start but I would say that the mavs use that type of player less than any other good team outside of the nuggets.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 08:53 AM   #24
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

I'll gladly acknowledge that I've watched Najera frustrate CWebb for one reason or another over the years, and I think it's a pretty solid tactic by the Mavs...the Spurs use Malik Rose in the same way. CWebb has shown over the years that he gets frustrated with smaller guys getting into him and being physical, and when he tries to retaliate, the smaller guys take a fall and draw a charge or something. CWebb just needs to be smart enough to know that this is the tactic that is being used and ignore it. I hope he figures this out by game 3.

Still, until I see Najera take an advertent swipe at someone, I'm not just going to label him dirty. Adelman is clearly angling for getting a couple of cheap falls called against Najera to neutralize his effectiveness.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote