Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-26-2004, 10:01 PM   #41
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Sac Media praising Mantis: Bradley makes a difference

If I'm coach and I put a reserve in to contest shots and play defense and I see him lazing it around why not pull him out? Nellie did, he and shawn yelled at each other a little bit and then he was re-inserted and made a game-turning play. Tough tiddly-winks shawn. Come in an bust it, if not you may not get the minutes and you may get your rear chewed.

Of course this is everyone's opinion, when nellie is asked a direct question about why shawn was pulled in 1 minute of play and he answers it directly, I tend to believe he is speaking honestly. Others do not, but that doesn't mean that they are correct.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2004, 10:02 PM   #42
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

What I believe I heard him say was that he wanted him to take it if open and not pass it up. I would love to see a link where nellie says, walker isn't shooting enough threes, we need him to shoot more.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-26-2004, 10:03 PM   #43
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:Sac Media praising Mantis: Bradley makes a difference

I agree that Bradley gives what he has to give on any given night, and it's not inconsistent effort that is the problem. After watching him play all these years IMO he doesn't have the concentration, the mental sharpness, some nights. That's when he really gets frustrated cuz he's trying hard but it's not happening.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 10:04 PM   #44
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't believe that Bradley gives less effort than the average Maverick player and I'm not one to question the effort given forth by the Mavs players.

I just don't see the 'lazing' around argument. It doesn't fly too well.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 10:07 PM   #45
dude1394
Guru

And I don't see the nellie holding a grudge and treating bradley different argument. It doesn't fly too well either, it's illogical.