Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-24-2001, 12:42 AM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Not only did the Mavs escape with a buzzer-beater the last time the two teams met, but the Hornets lost to the freakin BULLS last night! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Something tells me they're going to be madd pissed tomorrow night.. Nonetheless, the Mavs will snap their two-game losing streak, and the fans will get their chalupas! Mavs 103, Hornets 90
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2001, 03:32 AM   #2
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Time for Dirk to break out of his mini slump.... Dallas 97, Charlotte 81
Old 03-24-2001, 09:42 AM   #3
Jordan23TX

Jordan23TX is on a distinguished road

NO NASH....NO WIN. .....BARON DAVIS will give EISLEY problems......I hate to say it But it will be a closely contested game But w/o Nash OR Blazing Hot shooting. ..we arent going to win.
Old 03-24-2001, 10:28 AM   #4
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Mini slump? Dude had 30 against the Twolves? Any way, the Magic 8-ball has made its prediction:

Old 03-24-2001, 11:03 AM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Considering our upcoming schedule(5 game road trip/ at Blazers, Jazz, Rockets, Lakers ,Kings), this is as big of a must win game as we've had all year.

Hornets 99
Mavs 105

Max well steps up.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 11:16 AM   #6
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

there you go again rob....ahahhahahahaha
Old 03-24-2001, 02:30 PM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Mavs win this game. I see no 3-game losing streak. Actually, Eisley had a decent game against the Hornets the first time, with 20pts (6-14)3rbs 8as and only 2 fouls. Davis was 3-13 for 11pts 7rbs 6as and 5 fouls. Mashburn (22-9-9) and Wesley (19-6-5) are the ones that hurt us really. Another thing is we didn't have Buckner or Najera to throw in there. Not to mention the addition of Howard and now Booth. I like our chances much better tonight...
Old 03-24-2001, 03:00 PM   #8
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Closely contested game, as both teams are dying for a win. If Nash doesn't play, Eisley steps up and performs well, Mad Max hits only a few shots but makes some big plays, Dirk explodes and carries the team to a win... Mavs 95-91.
Old 03-24-2001, 03:40 PM   #9
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

To everyone not going to the game, remember to check out the chat room [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2001, 06:25 PM   #10
bigtime11

bigtime11 is on a distinguished road

Mike Fin will have 30 2night against the hornets!!!!!!!
bigtime11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 07:25 PM   #11
thirdbse

thirdbse is on a distinguished road

Since i had a 50 dollar win ticket on a 10-1 horse today at oaklawn.
I think that makes me an expert on everything today.
Mavs Win going away and I am reaady to yell at the tv.
I was sure yelling at that horse
thirdbse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 10:20 PM   #12
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Wasn't the prettiest game but they got the job done. Must(there's that word again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) play better on the road trip or we ain't gonna win any.

Old 03-24-2001, 10:23 PM   #13
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

hehe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2001, 10:25 PM   #14
djb
Administrator

I predicted the Mavs output correctly but had no idea the game would be so closely contested! This is the second game I missed but at least my gf got to go and watch an exciting game (I always get on her case b/c if I'm not there, she'll leave early if it's a blowout win). Any opinions on Booth's play? I thought he looked a bit lost at times, but he played ok, allowing Bradley some mins on the bench. Mavs probably would have lost this one if not for Nash's gutsy play. Fin was also HUGE tonight, sinking a lot of those oft-time ugly jumpers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The only prob I saw was the team's continued inconsistency at the line. Juwan also struggled throughout most the game, but stepped up when it counted the most. Oh well..chalupas for the people [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2001, 10:27 PM   #15
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

"To everyone not going to the game, remember to check out the chat room"

I was in there but know one came to join me *sniff* [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] .

Old 03-24-2001, 10:27 PM   #16
djb
Administrator

Rob, I hope you get to change that magic number again tonight!
Old 03-24-2001, 10:31 PM   #17
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Yep, me too. 61-60 Sonics. 7:30 to go in 3rd.

Old 03-24-2001, 10:38 PM   #18
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

Third quarter was ugly. Other than that it was a pretty good game. I think that Booth has game. Needs more time though.He definitely looked like he was in space at times. Nash, finley and nowitzki big as always. Eisley was a big pathetic loser. He sucks. He needs to practice more or something, shit. Bradley was big also.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 10:44 PM   #19
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

BRADLEY BRADLEY BRADLEY BRADLEY BRADLEY BRADLEY BRADLEY BRADLEY BRADLEY BRADLEY BRADLEY BRADLEY BRADLEY BRADLEY BRADLEY...

Why was Booth playing so many minutes??
Old 03-24-2001, 11:24 PM   #20
djb
Administrator

Ugh Rockets up 90-89 with 23secs left..
Old 03-24-2001, 11:27 PM   #21
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Sonics up 1. 12 seconds

Old 03-24-2001, 11:29 PM   #22
djb
Administrator

Sonics win 93-90!
Old 03-24-2001, 11:30 PM   #23
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Sonics win. WOOHOO!

Old 03-24-2001, 11:40 PM   #24
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

Booth played so much primarily because Bradley--not unusually--had foul trouble. I really liked what I saw. He's still learning the Mavs and sometimes looked like he was still needed to build endurance after his time on the IR, but it looks like there is real potential there.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 04:19 AM   #25
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Bradley only scored ten points, pulled down twelve rebounds, and blocked five shots (with zero turnovers)... When is he going to live up to his potential?

That's a good question, considering the fact that the next ten years of the Mavs will be known as the: