Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-06-2003, 01:23 PM   #1
ZueriMav

ZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really nice
Default Mavs vs Raptors Gameday Thread

Apparently, nobody does like to start the gameday thread today. Well, I'll do it. Even if it is for the first time.

Since I'm 0-3 in all my predictions up till now.... oooups, 0-4 since yesterday...

102-95 Raptors
ZueriMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2003, 01:30 PM   #2
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE:Mavs vs Raptors Gameday Thread

I see the Raptors winning.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:33 PM   #3
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: Mavs vs Raptors Gameday Thread

No Nash - no win. Raptors 99, Mavs 90.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:33 PM   #4
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Dirk won't have two terrible games in a row; Mavs will win 105-98.
Old 11-06-2003, 02:11 PM   #5
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

If Vince starts off well, it could be a long night for Dallas. Toronto has been playing a whole lot better than last year. If both Nash and Delk are out of the line-ups tonight, I expect to see continuing frustration, miscommunication, and horrendous match-up schemes by Nellie. For Finely's sake, I hope he starts to come out of his slump...if not, Nellie needs to pull Finley out and let him stew for a while. I think Nellie has no choice but to put a combination of Bradley/Fortson on the floor for a minimum of 25+ minutes. Anything less, we are going to see Toronto become the best three point shooting team in the NBA for one night (not having Bradley or Fortson manning the middle, causes the perimeter defense to try and help inside, leaving open 3 pt. looks for the oponents).

Prediction: I think Mavs lose this one ... 105-91
Old 11-06-2003, 02:35 PM   #6
Dirk Nowitzki

Dirk Nowitzki is on a distinguished road

Look at the quality of the 2-3 that we have been getting torched by. John Wallace, Skip Alston, Larry Hughes & so on. If our zone defense continues to net the results it has so far, VC could go off for 50. I say go back to man to man tonight & tell Delk & Howard to shadow Vince wherever he goes. If he goes to take a leak, I want Delk or Howard right there beside him. I am officially starting a "Make another move before the trade deadline" campaign. I may be pressing the panic button a little early, but I just dont see how this is gonna work. If Walker continues to impress like he has so far, I say try to move him while his stock is high. A deal with the Bulls (for Chandler or Curry) or Hawks (for Mohammed or Ratliff) would be nice & Walker is really the only tradeable contract we have that could net us a Big Man.
Dirk Nowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 03:18 PM   #7
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: irontoad
Dirk won't have two terrible games in a row; Mavs will win 105-98.
I agree with this proposition. Finley won't either. Mavs win.

Old 11-06-2003, 03:28 PM   #8
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

Carter will have a great game. But Toronto has no inside presence. Therefore Jamison Walker and Dirk will go off
Mavs win 97-88
Old 11-06-2003, 03:36 PM   #9
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

All I know is Carter will have a great game and their big men will have a field day. No predictions.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:37 PM   #10
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Oh. I forgot. One more thing, after game, we will all be hating Nellie again.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:43 PM   #11
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

I knew the Mavs would struggle against the Wiz, more of the same tonight, but a little more focused. If we can find a stronger inside presence or shoot better on the outside we should be fine.

Mavs 102
Raps 95

kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 04:44 PM   #12
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

No Nash no win????people,its Toronto!!
dont get confused over a bad game,this is a sure thing,that could become a blow-out.
Expect Dirk to shine.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 05:04 PM   #13
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

I think Dirk's woes continue. He won't be as bad, but not great, and the mavs eke this one out 103-94.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 05:04 PM   #14
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I am concerned b/c I didn't think we'd lose to the Wiz either but I think this may be a grind-it-out win. 97-93 Mavs.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:47 PM   #15
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I'll tell you what would be nice to see...

Shawn Bradley starting and playing 24 min or more.

Marquis Daniels and Josh Howard getting time.

Travis Best sitting on the bench.

Man-to-man defense.

Old 11-06-2003, 05:51 PM   #16
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Our performance level has been fluctuating so much, that I will only predict a win for the mavs, just because even without nash, we're still way better than that one-man team that is toronto.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:02 PM   #17
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Quite a convincing game with both Vinsanity and some little German Mav shining bright ...

Mavs by 13.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:53 PM   #18
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Vince Carter, Milt Palacio, and Lamond Murray are going to put on a shooting exhibition tonight and bust the Maverick's Bradley-less zone.

Craptors by 17.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:53 PM   #19
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

I would be shocked if they didn't come out with intensity tonight.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 07:04 PM   #20
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I honestly don't know what to expect. I think that we should be able to win this game going away even without Nash if our players were used effectively. I mean significant minutes for Bradley. No zone w/o Bradley. Post Dirk and Jamison often. Start Delk at PG and have Walker do most of the ball distribution. Get Daniels and Howard meaningful PT. Keep the Poatato on the pine.

Just don't think it will happen. It will take a superhuman effort from our players to win tonight because the will be forced to do it the hard way.
Old 11-06-2003, 07:10 PM   #21
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

The potato is scheduled to start from what I've read, LRB.

Heaven help us all.
Old 11-06-2003, 07:18 PM   #22
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

The raptors have always considered us softies. Wait 'till they get a load of the POTATO.

Dirk's gonng BITCH SLAP these girls. I can see him going off for 40.

Nelson can't ignore the effect of the MANTIS anymore. The zone will look very, very good tonight. Mavs win by 15

Dirk & co: 108
Vincent: 93
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 07:20 PM   #23
DIRK BRASIL

DIRK BRASIL is on a distinguished road

Mavs beat Raptors.
No Nash, no problem.
MAVS 107 x 98

DIRK 30P, 16R
FIN 18P
WALKER 15P
DANIELS 10P, 3A
Old 11-06-2003, 07:22 PM   #24
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
The potato is scheduled to start from what I've read, LRB.

Heaven help us all.
[img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]

Well then they'll have to repaint the lane during halftime to make up for all the driving the Raptors will be doing down it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2003, 07:23 PM   #25
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

DIRK BRASIL is predicting double digits from Marquis Daniels! That can only mean one thing. Garbage Time!

Obrigado, DIRK BRASIL! Let's hope you are right!
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 08:17 PM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the Mavs couldn't be expected to play at a decent level without Nash?
didn't nellie say something like that?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 08:18 PM   #27
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road

I think Finley needs to take a year off or something.

When was the last time Finley hit his first 1 or 2 shots in a game? Maybe it is just my imagination but it seems like eons ago.

There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 08:18 PM   #28
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

5 boards and none for dirk
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]... he's showing consistency over the past few games on the glass
Old 11-06-2003, 08:18 PM   #29
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

4 points for nowitzki off two walker assists! Nice job! 11-2, toronto calls a timeout.
Old 11-06-2003, 08:22 PM   #30
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think Finley needs to take a year off or something.

When was the last time Finley hit his first 1 or 2 shots in a game? Maybe it is just my imagination but it seems like eons ago.
Yeah, a year off will do wonders for Finley.

Was it the Utah or Miami game where he hit his first 4 or 5 shots?
Old 11-06-2003, 08:22 PM   #31
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I thought the Mavs couldn't be expected to play at a decent level without Nash?
didn't nellie say something like that?
Since when do you have to play at a decent level to go up 11 - 2 on the Raptors?
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 08:30 PM   #32
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Why do other teams go on runs right after timeouts? Last night the Wizards went on a run after every timeout and now the Raptors are doing it.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 08:33 PM   #33
Murphy3
Guru

walker's a TO machine so far
Old 11-06-2003, 08:35 PM   #34
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
5 boards and none for dirk
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]... he's showing consistency over the past few games on the glass
Wait Murph, he got a board, he's tearing it up now!! [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2003, 08:37 PM   #35
Simon2
Diamond Member

Mavs aren't playing the zone and are playing man-man defense well. I hope this continues.
Old 11-06-2003, 08:43 PM   #36
Murphy3
Guru

walker's going for a quadruple double..
5 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, and 6 turnovers
Old 11-06-2003, 08:45 PM   #37
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

make it 7 turnovers, murph.

we got an early daniels sighting...
Old 11-06-2003, 08:46 PM   #38
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Two things I'm thankful for tonight:

1. Dirk is taking the most shots.

2. Finley isn't the one with 7 turnovers.
Old 11-06-2003, 08:49 PM   #39
Simon2
Diamond Member

Finley takes a short jumpshot and misses. Toronto gets the ball. Next play, Finley turns the ball over. This is getting to be routine and tiresome.
Old 11-06-2003, 08:50 PM   #40
Murphy3
Guru

how can the mavs be so good on the boards while dirk only has 1?
i guess the mavs simply have alot of good rebounders and he's losing out on alot of the ones that he would have had to jamison and walker...perhaps alot of that goes along with playing the center position