Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-06-2003, 10:06 PM   #81
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Mavs vs Raptors Gameday Thread

Here you go.
http://www.nba.com/games/20031106/DALTOR/livestats.html
Old 11-06-2003, 10:07 PM   #82
Josh

Josh is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Mavs vs Raptors Gameday Thread

Finley falls asleep and gives Carter a tip dunk. 70-67 Toronto. Jump ball after timeout
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 10:08 PM   #83
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

70-67, Mavs down 3 with a little more than 2 minutes left. This has been a painful game to watch.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 10:08 PM   #84
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

nba.com
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 10:08 PM   #85
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

This "team" is going nowhere.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 10:09 PM   #86
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

This is the grossest basketball I've ever seen: and two consecutive games of it.

I don't know what else to say. Horrible on every count.

Bleh.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:10 PM   #87
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Walker is braking our negetive records.
9!!! TOs so far
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 10:10 PM   #88
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: sturm und drang
This is the grossest basketball I've ever seen: and two consecutive games of it.

I don't know what else to say. Horrible on every count.

Bleh.
sturm I'm afraid that you are being too kind. I think that we would struggle to beat a CBA team right now.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:11 PM   #89
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road

Walker has to hit that shot
Old 11-06-2003, 10:11 PM   #90
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

the mavs are getting good looks..but almost everyone is off...

get the ball to dirk down low...he's been pretty damn effective but hasn't had many looks in the second half
Old 11-06-2003, 10:12 PM   #91
Cybertx

Cybertx is on a distinguished road

raptors 72 dallas 69 less than 2 min
Cybertx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 10:12 PM   #92
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: nowitzki_prophecy
Walker is braking our negetive records.
9!!! TOs so far
He's going for the triple double. Points, rebounds, and turnovers. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2003, 10:12 PM   #93
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road

Has the officiating had something to do with it? was this a physical game? i don't see how the Mavs could score so few points.
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 10:12 PM   #94
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road

Why all the double posts?
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 10:13 PM   #95
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

10 TOs,he now has a triple double with turnovers.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:13 PM   #96
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

he's got the triple double.

this is depressing.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:14 PM   #97
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: ReDIRKulous
Why all the double posts?
just not a very good team. too much tinkering with a good thing.

"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
Old 11-06-2003, 10:14 PM   #98
Murphy3
Guru

it'll be interesting to see who the mavs go to..they should go through dirk but they haven't done much of that this entire half
Old 11-06-2003, 10:15 PM   #99
Josh

Finley makes 2 FTs, 72-71 1:02 left
Old 11-06-2003, 10:17 PM   #100
Cybertx

Cybertx is on a distinguished road

Walker has been this lasts parts probably one of the better scorer
Cybertx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 10:18 PM   #101
Josh

ballgame
Old 11-06-2003, 10:18 PM   #102
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

This ain't small ball, underdog ball or Nellie ball, this, this is horror-ball.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 10:18 PM   #103
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

Quote:
it'll be interesting to see who the mavs go to..they should go through dirk but they haven't done much of that this entire half
oh murph,thats just nellies way of playing the game,if your hot,he'll get you cooled down.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:18 PM   #104
LRB
Guru

Turn out the lights. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2003, 10:18 PM   #105
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

how how how can we only have 71 points with 1 minute left? this is pathetic.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:18 PM   #106
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

And Walker's missed 3 is probably the game.

Blehh
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 10:20 PM   #107
Murphy3
Guru

good to see the mavs go to their best scorer and the only key scorer on the team that has shot the ball well tonight.

i guess some things never change
Old 11-06-2003, 10:20 PM   #108
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

Whats pathetic is we're going to Antoine in the final minute,after shooting 6 of 18 and loosing the ball 10 times,instead of going to Dirk down low.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:21 PM   #109
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

horrible. pathetic. terrible. embarrassing. depressing. i can't even find all the right words to describe this.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:21 PM   #110
Josh

Carter misses both FTs, Mavs get one more chance
Old 11-06-2003, 10:21 PM   #111
The Crippler
Diamond Member

antoine is a first rate ball hog. I bet he takes this final shot and misses bad.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:21 PM   #112
Tony tha Mavs fan

I wonder when Nash is gonna wear a suit to a game
Old 11-06-2003, 10:22 PM   #113
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Who wants to bet Walker takes this shot?
Old 11-06-2003, 10:22 PM   #114
Tony tha Mavs fan

get the ball to dirk!
Old 11-06-2003, 10:23 PM   #115
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

We have1 more chance after the two Vince Carter's missed free throws. Let's see if nellie gets it right now....
Old 11-06-2003, 10:23 PM   #116
The Crippler
Diamond Member

awesome.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:23 PM   #117
Josh

Dirk drops the inbounds pass. Now its over
Old 11-06-2003, 10:23 PM   #118
Murphy3
Guru

haha...great job dirk
Old 11-06-2003, 10:24 PM   #119
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

arghhhhhhh i can't take it anymore. we somehow get carter to miss 2 fts so we still have a chance, and then we turn it over on the inbounds. this is ugly.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:24 PM   #120
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

What is wrong with this team? I've never seen a more horrific 180 than what we've pulled since last spring.

God forbid I be accused of knee-jerking, but it's just that we haven't played well in the pre-season or regular season. I have not yet seen a glimpse of anything good that would lead me to believe this shit we're playing now is just an aberration or growing pain or what-have-you.

The coaching sucks.
The offense sucks.
The defense sucks.

And we're not taking it to the hole. We're not getting any freethrows. We're turning it over like crazy. Just bad fundamental basketball on every count.

And you know what bothers me most? No one seems to care. There's no energy, no passion, no nothing.

Pardon me while I puke.