Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: Fire Donnie Nelson?
Yes 52 47.71%
No 57 52.29%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2008, 12:21 PM   #1
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all
Default Maverick's General Manager (based on the current Offseason)

Do the Maverick's need to fire Donnie Nelson and hire a new GM? Discuss!

Last edited by Zki41; 08-02-2008 at 06:11 PM.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2008, 12:32 PM   #2
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

If nothing else happens this offseason, it's a yes.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:55 PM   #3
sp3nc3r13

sp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nice

No ____ way. Are you dumb?

Last edited by Flacolaco; 08-02-2008 at 12:59 PM.
sp3nc3r13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:57 PM   #4
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

This poll should wait until the season starts...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:59 PM   #5
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
This poll should wait until the season starts...
Ya, we just need Howard to play like an idiot on the court, and continue to be a moron off the court. Eventually we'll get half of what he is worth at the deadline, and the team will be screwed.

I guess this is what it is like to watch your favourite team unravel before your very eyes.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:04 PM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Ud...I'll wait to see what happens before coming to a conclusion.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:08 PM   #7
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMavsFan
Ya, we just need Howard to play like an idiot on the court, and continue to be a moron off the court. Eventually we'll get half of what he is worth at the deadline, and the team will be screwed.

I guess this is what it is like to watch your favourite team unravel before your very eyes.
We're down by 10 points at the end of the 3rd quarter and you're turning off the TV?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-02-2008 at 01:09 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:21 PM   #8
TomThaMavsFan

TomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enoughTomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enough

heck no, firing donnie wouldn't be smartest move, especially at this point of the season. Mark Cuban as gm makes me nervous
TomThaMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:35 PM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

GMs are an elusive creature. Its never clear what they are responsible for and what is the responsibility of the coach and owner.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:00 PM   #10
CanadianMavsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
We're down by 10 points at the end of the 3rd quarter and you're turning off the TV?

If everyone is moping around acting like nothing is wrong and they don't care, then you're damn right I'm turning off the TV.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:18 PM   #11
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
GMs are an elusive creature. Its never clear what they are responsible for and what is the responsibility of the coach and owner.
I think it's clear in some cities but this isn't one of them. It takes a unique GM to work with Cuban the way Donnie does. There are no Jerry Jones' or Al Davis' in the NBA but Mark probably comes the closest.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:58 PM   #12
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

No.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:11 PM   #13
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Can always just make a new thread and see how opinions change when the season starts. I changed the title to match accordingly.

Last edited by Zki41; 08-02-2008 at 06:11 PM.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:16 PM   #14
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

the off season is not over, and even when it is no matter what happens you dont fire donnie until you know if this team is going in the wrong direction. People like me exist who believe the Kidd move was great and with a year of letting him run the show everyone around him will be better. I thought giving Diop the MLE was a sturdy move maybe not as splashy as even I would have hoped but it did address a dire need. I can say the non-movement of J-Ho does have me a little baffled, but maybe the braintrust did test the waters and nothing was out there with his current value. I say give it time see what a year of 2 future hall of famers can do together and revisit it if this takes another down turn.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:04 PM   #15
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

The rockets could land artest for a couple of scrubs and a pick... why couldn't donnie?

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:40 PM   #16
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41
The rockets could land artest for a couple of scrubs and a pick... why couldn't donnie?
BEcause he is in fricken CHINA, doing other stuff! Meanwhile we like our team. Fire his ass yesterday.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:45 PM   #17
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

*sigh*
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:13 PM   #18
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41
It was one scrub and two first rounders. We don't have one that we can trade until 2012.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:07 PM   #19
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Gasol goes to LA for a bag of beans. We give up the farm for JKidd including two draft picks that could have helped us land Artest. Clearly draft picks are more useful than talent. If the mavs don't make it out of the first round yes.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:20 AM   #20
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

I voted for yes just to make things interesting. But I agree with what UD said.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:32 AM   #21
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Not just no. HELL NO...
Old 08-03-2008, 01:50 AM   #22
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I voted yes just because I'm leaning that way.

It will be a hell yes if the only thing to show for improving the roster is summer leaguers.

As I've said though, I'll take it all back if he pulls the rabbit out of the hat.

That seems to be the great unknown is whether anything is going happen or not.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:16 AM   #23
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
I voted yes just because I'm leaning that way.

It will be a hell yes if the only thing to show for improving the roster is summer leaguers.

As I've said though, I'll take it all back if he pulls the rabbit out of the hat.

That seems to be the great unknown is whether anything is going happen or not.
funny...faith in your convictions.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:20 AM   #24
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Who would be brought in to do a better job?
Old 08-03-2008, 10:23 AM   #25
BBJONES

BBJONES is a jewel in the roughBBJONES is a jewel in the roughBBJONES is a jewel in the roughBBJONES is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007
BEcause he is in fricken CHINA, doing other stuff! Meanwhile we like our team. Fire his ass yesterday.
We did like our team........they won 67 games after a finals appearance.... But we hired a coach that blamed Adrian Griffin for the team failures the year before.........after he TWICE proved to be a vital cog to the team.

We did like our team......but we hired a coach that sat Diop on the bench after he was a finals starting center and a backup on a 67 win team. This same coach was playing a 6'7 physically dominate SF(not an undersized PF) at center and expecting him to protect the basket.

We did like our team.....but we hired a coach that sat his starting center from a 67 win team and played small ball against the master of small ball. If our center was truly hurt then why change the team. We won 67 games, but didn't have our starting center on the court when we lost. Also when Damp was healthy this year we were getting killed on the boards and Damp was sitting on the bench.....playing 10 minutes.

We did like our team.....but we hired a coach the didn't understand you don't make a passer out of your best shooter. If your best shooter is doubled, spin away from the double and shoot. THEN GET THE REBOUND AND STUFF IT BECAUSE NO ONE IS BLOCKING OUT.

We did like our team.....but we hired a coach that took the reins back from HIS groomed point and forced a stupid trade. After getting his dream PASSING PG, he made a weak side spot up shooter out of him.........NOTE........HE CAN'T SHOOT....HE IS A PASSER.

We did like our team.....but we hired a coach that couldn't figure out in 2 years that Ager couldn't play. Meanwhile we send RTerry to Europe....who as a rookie was better than Ager and probably better than Devean BRICK George.

We did like our team.....but we hired a coach that cut Fazekas and kept JuHo.

We did like our team.....but we hired a coach that was totally clueless.......FIRE HIS AZZ yesterday.......OH YEAH........SWEET
BBJONES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:04 PM   #26
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

We added some youth, added interior defense, and made a huge upgrade at coach. Josh Howard is the big question mark, but if he can maximize his skillset, I too like our team

Any more upgrades would just be icing on the cake.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:57 PM   #27
CanadianMavsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBJONES
We did like our team........they won 67 games after a finals appearance.... But we hired a coach that blamed Adrian Griffin for the team failures the year before.........after he TWICE proved to be a vital cog to the team.

We did like our team......but we hired a coach that sat Diop on the bench after he was a finals starting center and a backup on a 67 win team. This same coach was playing a 6'7 physically dominate SF(not an undersized PF) at center and expecting him to protect the basket.

We did like our team.....but we hired a coach that sat his starting center from a 67 win team and played small ball against the master of small ball. If our center was truly hurt then why change the team. We won 67 games, but didn't have our starting center on the court when we lost. Also when Damp was healthy this year we were getting killed on the boards and Damp was sitting on the bench.....playing 10 minutes.

We did like our team.....but we hired a coach the didn't understand you don't make a passer out of your best shooter. If your best shooter is doubled, spin away from the double and shoot. THEN GET THE REBOUND AND STUFF IT BECAUSE NO ONE IS BLOCKING OUT.

We did like our team.....but we hired a coach that took the reins back from HIS groomed point and forced a stupid trade. After getting his dream PASSING PG, he made a weak side spot up shooter out of him.........NOTE........HE CAN'T SHOOT....HE IS A PASSER.

We did like our team.....but we hired a coach that couldn't figure out in 2 years that Ager couldn't play. Meanwhile we send RTerry to Europe....who as a rookie was better than Ager and probably better than Devean BRICK George.

We did like our team.....but we hired a coach that was totally clueless.......FIRE HIS AZZ yesterday.......OH YEAH........SWEET
The Celtics proved that even with a clueless coach a team can win a championship. Hell, Avery got us past the Grizz, Spurs, and Suns in 06, and he was just as clueless then as he was now. Our team just wasn't as talented, so the lack of coaching really showed this year and last in the playoffs.

I liked the coaching change and the signing of Diop, but even Dirk called for major roster changes this year. Josh Howard, even with his stupid off court antics, is still a valuable piece on the market. Mark and Donnie have said nothing to the fans this year about what their goals are this offseason, they just re-signed Diop, some average swingmen, and hired Carlisle. Good moves, but I still don't think that drastically improves our team. I'd just like one of our FO members to come out and say, "We're still looking to improve our team", but I haven't heard anything like that.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:14 PM   #28
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Well if anyone in the FO or the org thinks we're championship contenders then I could pinpoint the problem for you CanadianMavsFan.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:20 PM   #29
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
We added some youth, added interior defense, and made a huge upgrade at coach. Josh Howard is the big question mark, but if he can maximize his skillset, I too like our team

Any more upgrades would just be icing on the cake.
I tend to think the FO is saying the same thing.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 04:57 PM   #30
BBJONES

BBJONES is a jewel in the roughBBJONES is a jewel in the roughBBJONES is a jewel in the roughBBJONES is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMavsFan
The Celtics proved that even with a clueless coach a team can win a championship. Hell, Avery got us past the Grizz, Spurs, and Suns in 06, and he was just as clueless then as he was now. Our team just wasn't as talented, so the lack of coaching really showed this year and last in the playoffs.

I liked the coaching change and the signing of Diop, but even Dirk called for major roster changes this year. Josh Howard, even with his stupid off court antics, is still a valuable piece on the market. Mark and Donnie have said nothing to the fans this year about what their goals are this offseason, they just re-signed Diop, some average swingmen, and hired Carlisle. Good moves, but I still don't think that drastically improves our team. I'd just like one of our FO members to come out and say, "We're still looking to improve our team", but I haven't heard anything like that.
Even though Avery was always getting outcoached, I felt good about the direction of the team, meaning we were trying to play defense and rebound. After Golden State, Avery thought he needed a center that could score.......he was wrong. Second, you don't put a SF at center.....it won't work.

I was also happy to get Diop back He is above average.

I'm glad to get a new coach and Rick C. is an upgrade. Several comments scare me though. He likes RTerry at the 4. (RTerry is a 3). He likes Rhodes at the 4-5. (He is more of a 3-4)

We have made some terrible decisions on talent....such as cutting Adrian Griffin.....Trading Devin Harris and Diop.....Cutting Fazekas and keeping JuHo.....Sending RTerry to Europe and keeping Ager..........JUST STUPID THINGS.

Personally I would be happy with something like this........and it doesn't cost nothing.

Kidd, Jet
Jho, Jet, (Foster, Wright, Green)
RTerry, Bass, (Rhodes)
Dirk, Fazekas, (Rhodes)
Damp, Diop, Fazekas

I like the size, speed, rebounding, scoring, defense etc. I guess I not that concerned with the FO, I am just glad to be rid of Avery and his stupid decisions on players. I'm tried of grandpa playing SG.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:34 PM   #31
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Fire his ass yesterday!

Nice point about not keeping fazekas, add that to a list of things that definitely done us in!!!

Donnie probably had a say in hiring the coach you just ranted about too.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:43 PM   #32
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Faz is an allstar damnit.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:35 PM   #33
BBJONES

Quote:
Fire his ass yesterday!

Nice point about not keeping fazekas, add that to a list of things that definitely done us in!!!

Donnie probably had a say in hiring the coach you just ranted about too.

Thanks,

Yeah, I know.......cutting Fazekas was huge because we ended up with a SF playing center because our brilliant coach benched Diop and JuHo was so piss poor no way to call on him.

In case you missed it the guy Donnie helped hire came into the league talking defense and rebounding. Then after Nellie out coached Avery, Avery walked around talking about how smart he was because smart coaches talk to smart coaches. He was so smart that he played a SF at center, tried to make a passer out of his best shooter and a shooter out of his best passer.

In all honesty, Avery was not really given a chance. Had Dampier spent the summer working on his ball handling then Avery could have turned his worst dribbler into a point guard.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:23 AM   #34
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Thanks,

Yeah, I know.......cutting Fazekas was huge because we ended up with a SF playing center because our brilliant coach benched Diop and JuHo was so piss poor no way to call on him.

In case you missed it the guy Donnie helped hire came into the league talking defense and rebounding. Then after Nellie out coached Avery, Avery walked around talking about how smart he was because smart coaches talk to smart coaches. He was so smart that he played a SF at center, tried to make a passer out of his best shooter and a shooter out of his best passer.

In all honesty, Avery was not really given a chance. Had Dampier spent the summer working on his ball handling then Avery could have turned his worst dribbler into a point guard.
SO Fire Donnie right?

I was being sarcastic about Fazekas. That guy is slow and he is weaksauce!

Why are you blaming every move that didn't work on AVERY?

Last edited by SMC0007; 08-04-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:49 AM   #35
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
SO Fire Donnie right?

I was being sarcastic about Fazekas. That guy is slow and he is weaksauce!

Why are you blaming every move that didn't work on AVERY?

And thus my HUGE issue with the Front Office. Finding one scapegoat and pointing the fingers at that regardless of anything else.

Last summer it was "the perfect storm that was GS" so that was it, forget about actually improving the team. Forget about bad coaching or bad playing. GS was just hot.

This summer it's all "Avery Johnson" so lets just forget improving because we haven't seen the real Jason Kidd yet. Avery made Howard street race so we have to remember that.

The FO doesn't even have the focused improvement mentality. Remember trying to find someone to stop the Kobes and Wades of the world? Do we have any lock-down wing defending players? Sure doesn't look like it...

Old 08-04-2008, 10:53 AM   #36
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

I said yes. He doesn't want to coach the Mavs, yet he's coaching the Chinese National Team. I reviewed transactions during the 2004 offseason during those Olympics and their were still quite a few being made during the Olympics. I know the world is a lot smaller now then it was then, but still without being in the office to review video, scouting reports, etc......it's harder to pull the trigger on a deal. You can't ask fellow GM's to wait until you're done, they might have moved on to the next best things....Artest to Rockets. I'm sure Nelson was already in China coaching when this went down. Would this have made a difference? Who knows.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:17 PM   #37
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

this thread blows

Last edited by MavsX; 08-04-2008 at 12:17 PM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:19 PM   #38
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
this Post blows

!
Old 08-04-2008, 03:13 PM   #39
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
this thread blows

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MavsX again.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:27 PM   #40
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

thank you thank you
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote