Old 07-13-2004, 08:39 AM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Matvichuk bolts Stars

Matvichuk leaves Stars for Devils

05:13 AM CDT on Tuesday, July 13, 2004

By MIKE HEIKA / The Dallas Morning News

Longtime Stars defenseman Richard Matvichuk has signed a free-agent contract with the New Jersey Devils, officially ending his 12 years with the Stars.

Matvichuk, who was drafted eighth overall by Minnesota in 1991 and played 733 regular season games in a Stars uniform, signed a four-year deal worth $8.5 million, according to TSN television in Canada.

"He has size, he has experience, he's also been a part of a Stanley Cup winning organization," said Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello. "I just like the way he competes every night."

Matvichuk, who has 38 goals and 129 assists in his career, offers a physical presence, and that could be important if New Jersey captain Scott Stevens continues to be sidelined by post-concussion syndrome. Matvichuk has been a durable player and has a low average of penalty minutes (36 last season) despite his physical play.

Stars GM Doug Armstrong said he had talks with Matvichuk and his agent Art Breeze as recently as a week ago. The Stars are still in the market for a free-agent defenseman but said they could not match the length of New Jersey's offer.

Stars announce preseason schedule: The Stars announced Monday that they will hold training camp in Frisco beginning Sept. 20 and will play four home games during the preseason. The Stars' 2004-05 regular season schedule will be released by the NHL later this week.

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2004, 08:51 AM   #2
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Matvichuk bolts Stars

Who's surprised? Locking Klemm up for 2 years sealed this. Actually, Matvichuk sealed this when he decided to start sucking for 2 years straight. I like Matty, he means a lot to the history of the Stars, but he's done all he can do here. Maybe he needs a change of scenery.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:12 AM   #3
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

He's just mad because the City of Southlake told him he had to tear down his Helipad.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:00 AM   #4
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Quote:
He's just mad because the City of Southlake told him he had to tear down his Helipad.
And can you blame them. Soutlake is ridiculous, I moved form there about a year ago because of some silly rule about owning and operating a brothel within the city limits of Southlake.

Absurd

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:12 AM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Matvichuk bolts Stars

genius grbh
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:47 AM   #6
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

BTW, I am not making that up. His house has been on the market for a couple of weeks. My in-laws live in Southlake; their friends live in the flight path.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 04:41 PM   #7
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Maybe Hicks wants to implement the same plan for the Stars as he's doing for the Rangers? It seems to be working okay for the Rangers.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote