Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 07-14-2004, 01:52 PM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default Rangers’ Stats at teh Break that if you’d claimed at the beginning of the season would have gotten you slapped.

All-star Game:

Rangers have Major League Baseball’s leading vote getter at the all-star game

Rangers have all-star game MVP

Rangers have team record and league leading five all-stars

Rangers have two pitchers named to the all-star team.

Rangers represented in the home run derby

Three-fourths of Rangers’ infield makes the all-star team.

Pitching:

Rangers have (co-) league-leader in wins for a pitcher (Rogers).

Rangers have a starting pitcher with top 10 ERA in AL (Dreise)

Rangers have best closer in the AL (Save percentage).

Rangers’ Team ERA 6th in AL.

Best offense in Baseball:

At the break, Rangers rank No. 1 in Home Runs

At the break, Rangers rank No. 1 in RBI’s

At the break, Rangers rank No. 1 in runs scored.

At the break, Rangers rank No. 1 in slugging percentage.

At the break, Rangers rank No. 1 in total bases.

At the break, Rangers rank No. 4 in hits.

At the break, Rangers rank No. 4 in batting average.

The Record:

Rangers have spent a total of 7 days below .500.

Rangers 12 games over 500 at the break.

Rangers won the “Silver Boot” from Houston.

In series of 3 games or more, Texas has swept Seattle (twice), Boston, Florida and Pittsburg.

Longest winning streak 8.

Longest losing streak 4.

Rangers 2 games ahead in Division.

2nd best record in AL, behind only the Yankees.

Better record than Boston.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2004, 02:21 PM   #2
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE:Rangers’ Stats at the Break that if you’d claimed at the beginning of the season would have gotten you slapped.

The only things that I would have believed at the beginning of the season are:

Home Run Derby Representative
#1 in home runs
#1 in runs scored
20+ games behind A's or Seattle.
Old 07-14-2004, 04:09 PM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Rangers’ Stats at the Break that if you’d claimed at the beginning of the season would have gotten you slapped.

nice dooby. i guess its time to ask ourselves if this team has any real chances in postseason?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 08:40 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Rangers’ Stats at the Break that if you’d claimed at the beginning of the season would have gotten you slapped.

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
nice dooby. i guess its time to ask ourselves if this team has any real chances in postseason?
Of course. They're two games up past the midway point, so the definitely have a shot at the post season. It would be naive to think otherwise.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 08:42 PM   #5
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Rangers’ Stats at the Break that if you’d claimed at the beginning of the season would have gotten you slapped.

Also, keep in mind that the majority of the remaining games are at the Temple formerly known as "Ballpark in Arlington".
Old 07-15-2004, 08:09 AM   #6
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Also, keep in mind that the majority of the remaining games are at the Temple formerly known as "Ballpark in Arlington".
Of course the August heat has wilted them nearly every summer since I've been alive. I hope this is the year they do it though...
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 08:35 AM   #7
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

[quote]
Originally posted by: AnMan21
Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevoOf course the August heat has wilted them nearly every summer since I've been alive. I hope this is the year they do it though...
That is a tired excuse. They are not the only ones playing in the heat. If anything that should give them an advantage over the opponent.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:00 AM   #8
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

[quote]
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Quote:
Originally posted by: AnMan21
Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevoOf course the August heat has wilted them nearly every summer since I've been alive. I hope this is the year they do it though...
That is a tired excuse. They are not the only ones playing in the heat. If anything that should give them an advantage over the opponent.
it may be tired, but imo there's validity to it. i'm not saying that the heat is the only cause for their traditional august fold, but 100 degree heat can get to anyone - especially a pitcher throwing 100+ pitches. though their opponent is also playing in the same conditions, they don't have to play in it day in and day out - it just simply drains the body over the long haul. this team is quite young though, and can hopefully withstand it.
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote