Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2004, 12:00 PM   #1
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ro Blackman - Color Commentator Extraordinaire

Thought I'd open a thread to discuss what everybody thinks of Ro Blackman's work as part of the broadcast team this year. The most appropriate what that I know of to start the thread out is to post this little bit of genius that I stole from sports guy at db.com...

Quote:
ahh a subject true to my heart.

rolando blackman has been working on the same incoherent sentence the entire season. i sometimes wish i was tivoing this things just so i could create a greatest hits collection.

in actuality, he makes my ears want to bleed. his ramblings are the equivalent of vig's quarter by quarter box scores.

a hypothetical exchange:

blackman: "you know when the effort on the court is in the jumpshot, the fans have to know that the coach is looking for something. and thats what the mavs have to be careful of, its the driving that the coach wants the jumpshot for."

ortegal: "he can do that ro. watch out. that is something he can do."
The hypothetical exchange sounds exactly like the incoherent ramblings one might expect out of the formerly lethal scoring guard.