Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-03-2004, 12:10 AM   #241
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default RE: Houston @ Dallas Gameday Thread

also that broadcast was so F'in boring. I wash Marv & Kerr would just stop talking, and go ahead and make out so I wouldn't have to suffer through their chit chat. Where's Ortegal when you need him
Old 12-03-2004, 12:11 AM   #242
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Houston @ Dallas Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
What was the tnt broadcast like, bet it was sumthing else.
terrible. I turned the volume off until overtime when it got better because kerr was virtually drueling on himself because of dirk and mcgrady. But I counted twice, and that was enough for me, when Kerr made ridiculously false statements regarding the mavs. He said Booth and stack both were having fine seasons so far. How wrong can he be?
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 12:12 AM   #243
bloodyhell

bloodyhell is on a distinguished road

>Erica lubarsky
>that's not regular season, and Bloody is wrong on the number, but I think he was trying to draw the distinction between career and season highs.

No one is saying it was a distinction between the two. Toucan asked what his "career" high was and I told him. Not his regular season but simply his, "career high". I was off by one because of a typo. His "career" high was 46 not the 43 that you erica labarsky said.

Look, here is the quote. Notice that he says nothing about seasons. Erica is just upset because I caught her being way off and wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: toucandave
what's Dirk's career high?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>erica lubaarsky,
>43.....50 tonight

See, you're insane. That has nothing to do with the season. That's not "regular' season, nor is it post season. It's "career". Just like toucandave asked. Why is that so hard for you to understand? How old are you?

Lke I said before it was a typo. He had at least 43 or more last year as well. Now he has 53 instead of 43.

Good for dirk. May he do his best to beat that. Some day he will. imo That does not excuse your mistake of 43 on "career" high though, as toucan asked for.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:12 AM   #244
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Btw, the TNT people didn't have anything "nice" to say about the performance.

Amazing, had any number of players done that they would be calling that player the second coming.

Just another way of how little respect Dirk gets sometimes.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 12:15 AM   #245
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Just211
Dirk scoring 53 isn't bad, but IMO the Mavs looked awful tonight. They lack ball rotation & movement on offense, and that will eventually catch up with them. Hopefully they improve with time spent together, but if they keep winning games like these, they might not learn
The only solace I found for the mavs' poor ball rotation was that it looked better today compared to the other night against the Spurs, and the rockets looked nearly just as bad.

Old 12-03-2004, 12:22 AM   #246
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

Quote:
Originally posted by: bloodyhell
>Erica lubarsky
>that's not regular season, and Bloody is wrong on the number, but I think he was trying to draw the distinction between career and season highs.

No one is saying it was a distinction between the two. Toucan asked what his "career" high was and I told him. Not his regular season but simply his, "career high". I was off by one because of a typo. His "career" high was 46 not the 43 that you erica labarsky said.

Look, here is the quote. Notice that he says nothing about seasons. Erica is just upset because I caught her being way off and wrong.

what's Dirk's career high?

>erica lubaarsky,
>43.....50 tonight

See, you're insane. That has nothing to do with the season. That's not "regular' season, nor is it post season. It's "career". Just like toucandave asked. Why is that so hard for you to understand? How old are you?

Lke I said before it was a typo. He had at least 43 or more last year as well. Now he has 53 instead of 43.

Good for dirk. May he do his best to beat that. Some day he will. imo That does not excuse your mistake of 43 on "career" high though, as toucan asked for.
I always thought career high implied "regular season" career high. I wasn't following the conversation, but I probably would not have cited dirk's playoff 46 or whatever either in answering toucan's question.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:22 AM   #247
toucandave

toucandave is on a distinguished road

Sorry.....didn't mean to cause a ruckus.

Let's just bask in Dirk's glory.
toucandave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 12:23 AM   #248
bloodyhell

>Btw, the TNT people didn't have anything "nice" to say about the performance.
>Amazing, had any number of players done that they would be calling that player the second coming.
>Just another way of how little respect Dirk gets sometimes.

What do you expect? Yeah it sucks but he's white so don't expect close minded brothas like kenny smith and fat ass barkley to give the dirk any credit. Barkley is already mad enough that dirk dunked on him from his team germany days. The only people that are going to really except dirk are his teammates and fans.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:24 AM   #249
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

Quote:
Sorry.....didn't mean to cause a ruckus.

Let's just bask in Dirk's glory.
speaking of basking in glory, that was a nice camera shot of dirk looking up into the crowd on that 53rd point.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:24 AM   #250
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

Haha, Barkley cant compliment Dirk. Absolutly no way in hell.

Old 12-03-2004, 12:26 AM   #251
bloodyhell

>I always thought career high implied "regular season" career high. I wasn't following the conversation, but I probably would not have cited dirk's playoff 46 or whatever either in answering toucan's question.

My brother played for the univeristy of maryland and my best friend played for the bulls as a fil in center. They've always talked to me about career highs as meaning simply that. The most points, steals or rebounds, etc. in that players career. In any type of game. Career dosen't mean season. Two totally different words, meanings and definitions.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:27 AM   #252
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

Quote:
>Btw, the TNT people didn't have anything "nice" to say about the performance.
>Amazing, had any number of players done that they would be calling that player the second coming.
>Just another way of how little respect Dirk gets sometimes.

What do you expect? Yeah it sucks but he's white so don't expect close minded brothas like kenny smith and fat ass barkley to give the dirk any credit. Barkley is already mad enough that dirk dunked on him from his team germany days. The only people that are going to really except dirk are his teammates and fans.
I always wonder what those guys say for some reason, but the more I think about it, if they did actually start giving the mavs props, wouldn't it feel a little bit weird after all these years. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2004, 12:27 AM   #253
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

They will have another chance at the end of the broadcast, let's see if they can redeem themselves.......... nah, it ain't happening.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:29 AM   #254
toucandave

toucandave is on a distinguished road

Quote:
My brother played for the univeristy of maryland and my best friend played for the bulls as a fil in center. They've always talked to me about career highs as meaning simply that. The most points, steals or rebounds, etc. in that players career. In any type of game. Career dosen't mean season. Two totally different words, meanings and definitions.
I thought my dad invented chili when I was a kid. Then I saw it in a store and thought..."wow, dad must be famous". Told all the kids at school. I felt like a king.

Anyway, I don't know how this applies, but I think it does somehow....
toucandave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 12:30 AM   #255
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

Quote:
>I always thought career high implied "regular season" career high. I wasn't following the conversation, but I probably would not have cited dirk's playoff 46 or whatever either in answering toucan's question.

Yeah, I could totally see how an actual player would feel about what his "career" high was.

Old 12-03-2004, 12:33 AM   #256
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
See, you're insane...Why is that so hard for you to understand? How old are you?
really making friends here aren't you.

all I'm saying is that you said that I was wrong, and had some arrogant words, even though you had no fewer than three typos. You aren't giving me one typo, while you are are incredulously making it personal after making no fewer than three typos yourself. Either you stick with what was originally typed, or you allow for typos by both parties. You can't have it both ways.

lets go through a few things you said
1) You said "45" twice (both incorrect) and yet you claimed that both times it was a typo
2) then you said "43 and he had it this year as well." when previously his high was 41 and not 43
3) then you said "You never claimed yours was" (talking about typos) but I had in the previous post
4) then you said "I believe he also got 43 in the playoffs as well although I will have to go dig that one up since no one here is willing to. " but you were wrong there as well. I had already posted a link.

so if you want to be a stickler, then you have to face those 4 (technically 5) errors.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 12:35 AM   #257
bloodyhell

I missed the interview with dirk, did they show it yet or are they going to skip it? Perhaps they showed it already though.

Actually I think barkley is nicer to dirk than kenny smith is. Smith just ignores him and trys to change the subject. Yeah there's definitly some resentment there and it's pathetic since players like bird should have erased that crap!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ERICA
You are free to misquote what i've written but that dosen't change the fact that you said 43 not 46. You were still off by 3 points where as I was off by one via my typo.

And again, Career is a completely different word than season. The original post was about a "career high' in points. Not what he did at the post, pre or regular 'season". But in his "career". That means at any time.

So Again you fail to admit you were wrong. Sure I was off because of a typo and I admit I was technically off but only by one. You were off by 3. Therefore, technically I was closer than you. Get over it. Deal with it. Move on. Is that so hard to do? I guess we'll see.

Old 12-03-2004, 01:21 AM   #258
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

redirkulous.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 01:37 AM   #259
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
toucandave: I thought my dad invented chili when I was a kid. Then I saw it in a store and thought..."wow, dad must be famous". Told all the kids at school. I felt like a king.

Anyway, I don't know how this applies, but I think it does somehow....
oh, it does. Chili always applies

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 01:39 AM   #260
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, Dirk scored 10 points in 1:24. If he had made another three, he would have tied Clyde Drexler for second most points in an overtime period. Number one was Butch Carter with 14 (Indiana, March 20, 1984, versus Boston)

This is now one of only five games in NBA history where 2 players scored over 40.

other than Wilt (who was playing a whole different game), Jordan has had the most points in a game according to nba.com/history. That was in 2OT. Jordan had 55 points at the end of the first OT, so Dirk's game in 1OT was almost historical.

Dirk also beat two players (one of which was Jim Jackson who played tonight) for franchise history. Two players had 50points in a game. Dirk eclipsed that, 10 years and 6 days after Jim Jackson tied the franchise high.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:46 AM   #261
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
By the way, Dirk scored 10 points in 1:24. If he had made another three, he would have tied Clyde Drexler for second most points in an overtime period. Number one was Butch Carter with 14 (Indiana, March 20, 1984, versus Boston)

This is now one of only five games in NBA history where 2 players scored over 40.

other than Wilt (who was playing a whole different game), Jordan has had the most points in a game according to nba.com/history. That was in 2OT. Jordan had 55 points at the end of the first OT, so Dirk's game in 1OT was almost historical.

Dirk also beat two players (one of which was Jim Jackson who played tonight) for franchise history. Two players had 50points in a game. Dirk eclipsed that, 10 years and 6 days after Jim Jackson tied the franchise high.

nice numbers crunch. I bet sefko is jotting down notes right now.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:51 AM   #262
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dirk also beat two players (one of which was Jim Jackson who played tonight) for franchise history.
the other was Mashburn

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 01:55 AM   #263
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

I wish I could say the game was fun. Truth is, I was stressing. Watching Dirk was great. Unbelievable game. The problem is that it is becoming way too necessary for Dirk to get 30-40-50 points for this team to win. Asking him to do that, set up the offense, grab the boards, and play the second most minutes in the league is a lot. His burden needs to be lighter. The problem is what happens when he isn't on the court...

I liked what Damp did tonight. The boxscore probably won't show much, but he did a great job against Yao. In fact, he pretty much owned the paint all night long. Really happy with him tonight...but why wasn't he out there at the end of regulation to help keep McGrady from getting three shots at the bucket? I know you need to match up with the other team sometimes, but I would rather lose a game with my studs.

By the way, why did Stack take that shot at the end of regulation? Milk clock, fumble ball, shoot. Scared me to death. I was just mad no one saw Terry camping in the corner.

Terry had a very solid game. I like him better when he just plays. I don't even want him to try to be a typical PG. Just play, shoot when you are comfortable, and take care of the ball. I think he's trying too hard to fit in sometimes.

Stack sure didn't look good at times tonight. Shot wasn't falling at all. Then, you realize that he worked himself to a really solid night. Got to the line. Made some nice passes. Grabbed some boards. I think he ended up somewhere around 13-7-7.

Josh was quieter tonight than he has been all year. Probably a lot of credit to the Rockets there. Still got his hands involved in a lot of plays.

The rest of the guys were quiet to non-existant. Booth looked really bad against Yao with the exception of a long jumper. Yao just bullied him on the other end. By the way, it's starting to look like Yao's a little overrated, isn't it? And speakig of Rockets, McGrady is so talented. He should be the #1 option there. Any doubts should have been removed tonight. Yao as the priority will never win a championship. There, I said it.

Anyway, good win for the Mavs. Great game by Dirk!
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 01:56 AM   #264
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

nice catch, Sike. I was finding everything I wasnt looking for and nothing that I was.

Amazingly, the two 50 point games by Jackson and Mashburn happened only 14 days apart (Nov 12 for Mash and Nov 26 for Jackson)

Jackson did 50 in 4 quarters. Mash dropped his 50 in OT.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:19 AM   #265
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

ddh33 said:
Terry had a very solid game. I like him better when he just plays. I don't even want him to try to be a typical PG. Just play, shoot when you are comfortable, and take care of the ball. I think he's trying too hard to fit in sometimes.

I think Terry can fulfill a lot of the problem of taking off pressure from dirk -- especially, when fin gets back. I like what I see out of Terry, but despite his apparent flashiness, he really seems almost too conservative to me. I don't necessarily think he should abandon trying to "fit" into the PG role, but I would agree that he needs to play more comfortably rather than being so careful out there. It's weird, I watch JT in certain game situations, and I automatically expect him to play like nash would. So I get surprised when he passes up shots that nash would normally take. Definitely, JT will get more comfortable as the season progresses.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:30 AM   #266
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Terry isn't playing half as well as he can and I attribute that to two things
1) the complicated offense of Nellie
2) hesitating because he is unsure of his role.

If he gets comfortable, then his game will come naturally and he could easily get back to 5-7apg. If he has too much fun, Dirk or Fin can just tell him "get me the ball more" and he can keep that in his mind at the same time. Aggressively creating offense for a point guard is creating offense for a team if a PG knows when to pass and when to finish. If he drives it, sticks it, stutter steps in and does all the things that he is capable of when aggressive, the rest of the team will see the rewards.

The only thing that I see as a problem that won't be fixed by getting comfortable is his tendency to emulate Francis a little too much. Hanging around the arc with the ball is no way to facilitate an offense He did it in Atlanta as well so there's no reason to believe that its just a comfort thing.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:39 AM   #267
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

I don't really know too much about Terry's playing history, but I have noticed recently that Terry does not drive as much as I would like. This can be, perhaps, attributed to his ankle injury so I will not call him out for that just yet. He doesn't seem to have the explosiveness back yet. The bad news is, apparently, terry tweaked his ankle again today.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:29 AM   #268
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
nice catch, Sike. I was finding everything I wasnt looking for and nothing that I was.

Amazingly, the two 50 point games by Jackson and Mashburn happened only 14 days apart (Nov 12 for Mash and Nov 26 for Jackson)

Jackson did 50 in 4 quarters. Mash dropped his 50 in OT.

I have the tape of that game and Jackson also reached the 50 points at the overtime.

Anyway, great game for Dirk and congratulations for the 53 pts!

[img]i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]
Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 06:45 AM   #269
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

The TNT reporting was horrible. If you're going to inform the entire world about Dirk, at least know his correct statistics and height. HE IS NOT 6'11!
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 07:45 AM   #270
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
Quote:
Doesn't it strike anyone as a little worrisome that we're so reliant on one player game in and game out? Last year with Nash and Finley also in the lineup we had 3 guys who could consistently put up 20+ ppg and would readily and ably take on the role of go-to-guy. This year, it just seems like everyone just sits around waiting for Nowitzki to do something. If something happened to Dirk, just how good would we be against teams like SA, SEA, PHO, etc. while they were at full strength?
I'm glad you said it first.

I was wondering if anyone else was concerned that it took this type of game from Dirk to beat the Rockets by 7 points.
I think we should also note that T-Mac had a truly special night. How do you think they fill when TMac goes for 48 and the team still loses? It goes both ways. If Dirk goes off like this but TMac isn't going crazy, perhaps the Mavs win by 20 in regulation?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 07:54 AM   #271
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not saddened or surprised that the Mavs have had to rely on Dirk so heavily with Finley out. It's giving Dirk an opportunity to truly take over the reigns to this team. When Fin comes back, his 18 ppg will be welcome. His hitting open jumpers will be huge for the Mavs. And yes, it'll make the Mavs a better team and will probably make Dirk a bit more efficient. But tap the breaks on all the worrying just a bit. Much of the answers to the Mavs problems on offense is sitting in street clothes and should be healthy enough to play in 7-10 days.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 08:20 AM   #272
Waschdel

Waschdel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
I'm not saddened or surprised that the Mavs have had to rely on Dirk so heavily with Finley out. It's giving Dirk an opportunity to truly take over the reigns to this team. When Fin comes back, his 18 ppg will be welcome. His hitting open jumpers will be huge for the Mavs. And yes, it'll make the Mavs a better team and will probably make Dirk a bit more efficient. But tap the breaks on all the worrying just a bit. Much of the answers to the Mavs problems on offense is sitting in street clothes and should be healthy enough to play in 7-10 days.
I strongly agree with that statement. Finley is not that kind of guy, who is surprised when Dirk passes. With Finley the Mavs offense will regain the structure that some of the posters are missing right now. I am sure that the Mavs will have more assists and less forced shots when he is back. Finley`s determination and experience are still very important pieces of the puzzle.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:45 AM   #273
gogojojo73

gogojojo73 is on a distinguished road

Steve Kerr is LAME. What a Dork.

I will turn the sound off the next he does one of our games.
gogojojo73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:25 AM   #274
jibikao

jibikao is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Terry isn't playing half as well as he can and I attribute that to two things
1) the complicated offense of Nellie
2) hesitating because he is unsure of his role.

If he gets comfortable, then his game will come naturally and he could easily get back to 5-7apg. If he has too much fun, Dirk or Fin can just tell him "get me the ball more" and he can keep that in his mind at the same time. Aggressively creating offense for a point guard is creating offense for a team if a PG knows when to pass and when to finish. If he drives it, sticks it, stutter steps in and does all the things that he is capable of when aggressive, the rest of the team will see the rewards.

The only thing that I see as a problem that won't be fixed by getting comfortable is his tendency to emulate Francis a little too much. Hanging around the arc with the ball is no way to facilitate an offense He did it in Atlanta as well so there's no reason to believe that its just a comfort thing.
Agree. Last night's Mavs game is the first Mavs game I've seen this year. Mavs. strongly needs a good PG who can handle the ball well. He doesn't have to score but at least make sure the ball is well handled and not turned over.

There are soooo many funny turnovers. I am not impressed with Terry at all. His pass is as soft as cotton and he dribbles WAY TOO much. He doesn't know what to do at times. I just think there are too many werid turnovers and mostly caused by over dribbling and careless passing.

Mavs should not even go to OT. Although I have to admit that it's wonderful to see Dirk scoring 53!!! LOL

Anyway, Mavs' does have much better defense in the end. They caused some good turnovers and Howard did a great job on T-MAC.

Jimmy

www.keepshooting.com
jibikao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:31 AM   #275
jibikao

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bayliss
Btw, the TNT people didn't have anything "nice" to say about the performance.

Amazing, had any number of players done that they would be calling that player the second coming.

Just another way of how little respect Dirk gets sometimes.
I agree. During the half time, all they showed is that stupid tape of Smith not knowing the inbound pass. The interview with AJ is fine since he is a guest but other than that, they didn't talk much about Dirk.

You know what, I could be wrong but is it because Dirk is "white"? LOL I mean Dirk is probably the best white player in NBA right now. I wonder if TNT doesn't want to praise the non-black players? It's a conspiracy!!

Jimmy

www.keepshooting.com
Old 12-03-2004, 12:04 PM   #276
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

It's good for Dirk's game and his confidence to take on and beat a reigning scoring champ who's brought his best game of the season. Not that he isn't supremely confident as is, but this game should give him that extra edge when he's facing the TD's, KG's and Kobe's of the world.

Regarding the rest of the Mavs, I think it's good for 'em to see what Dirk's truly capable of. It's an education process for 'em. Even subconciously, they should now know that, when in doubt, just pass the ball to Dirk and cut to the rim. Especially for our rookie PG... he needed to see this badly.

As for the coaches, I still can't understand why Stack has to take the final shot (and a jumper at that!) when Dirk's been unstoppable the whole game and Yao Ming was fouled out. We lead the whole game to again make it close on some stupid coaching mistakes at the end of the regulation.

Finally, great game and a great win... one that we'll remember for a long, long time!!! Hope we could build on this to make a strong run over the next several games.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 12:12 PM   #277
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

i may be wrong, but i remember david robinson scoring 71 points in the final game of his mvp year to win the scoring title over shaq? i could be wrong..

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 12:52 PM   #278
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Waschdel
Quote:
I strongly agree with that statement. Finley is not that kind of guy, who is surprised when Dirk passes. With Finley the Mavs offense will regain the structure that some of the posters are missing right now. I am sure that the Mavs will have more assists and less forced shots when he is back. Finley`s determination and experience are still very important pieces of the puzzle.
After I read your post I looked at the current personal of this team. Most of these guys are one on one players with the exception of Josh and Damp. I think right now Terry, Stack and Marquis aren't looking from a pass from Dirk and that's got to change.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 01:05 PM   #279
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

Alby, you ain't wrong. David Thompson also had a 70 point game.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 01:18 PM   #280
jibikao

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Originally posted by: Waschdel
Quote:
After I read your post I looked at the current personal of this team. Most of these guys are one on one players with the exception of Josh and Damp. I think right now Terry, Stack and Marquis aren't looking from a pass from Dirk and that's got to change.

I know. Don't we have TOO MANY one-on-one players? I mean they need to realize that they are there to assist Dirk just like the rest of Bulls team assisted MJ and Pippen. If they shoot more than Dirk, then there's definitely something wrong. There are times when Daniel has more shots than Dirk. I think that's wrong...unless Daniel was REALLY REALLY hot that night.

And I also don't like the fact that Stack took the last shot. Sure, he is good at one-on-one but Dirk has the hot hand. See, this is what I hate about Nelson's game. He always always always tries to be "different". "Oh, just because Dirk is hot and they'll double team Dirk, I am going to suprise them by giving to Stack." This is just wrong. Michael Jordan is always the go-to guy and people KNOW that but did Phil gave the chance to other players? They could easily set picks for Dirk and have him take the last shot. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] This reminds me of last playoff when Finely took the last shot which was very ugly.

Anyway, it's funny that so many people talked about how bad Finely is but now so many people miss Finely. LOL I guess you just can't have everything.

www.keepshooting.com