Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-26-2002, 01:32 PM   #41
MavsManiac

MavsManiac is on a distinguished road

LOL!! Isn't Boykins a FA?? ... might as well just release Dirk outright & sign the little guy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2002, 01:39 PM   #42
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

Base Line Guy is on a distinguished road

YES, release Dirk and add Boykins! He's a 5'5" marketing goldmine compared to the 7'0" Golden Haired Sniper out of Germany who can play SF/PF or C! Dirk is over-rated anyway! Remember the buzz around Spud? Consider him the 2nd coming of Spud, besides this way, he won’t TORCH Bradley any longer….just in practice!

Air Boykins lands in Dallas! Mantis, you can sleep easier!

BLG
Old 09-26-2002, 02:37 PM   #43
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

the only way i would trade dirk is if we got garnett, duncan, kidd, and vince carter.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 03:15 PM   #44
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

Someone may have already said this.. but I would not trade Dirk for Duncan or anyone else in the league because I love Dirk and I want to see him win a championship with the Mavericks. (along with Nash and Fin)
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 03:31 PM   #45
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

<< 3. Duncan will always play better D >>

I must disagree with that one, grbh.

Firstly, &lt;--(is that a word?) at what position do you mean he'll always be better? I hope you meant in the post, because if it's at any other position than that you are sorely mistaken. Duncan would get owned if he had to guard any of the smaller quicker players that Dirk sometimes ends up with out on the perimeter. Dirk may never have the presence inside that Duncan has, but he'll at least hold his own.

Secondly, good players don't become great defenders overnight. Even the great defenders usually don't come into their own until their 4th or 5th years in the league...i.e. Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Dumars, etc...
Old 09-26-2002, 03:36 PM   #46
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Well yea Dirk has potential btu when u compare the 2 its always potential. I dont know if Dirk will get any better than what he has or if he will. That is why im goin by what Duncan has done and Dirk has done. Duncan has been a good player since his rookie season and Dirk is just starting to become somethin so its hard to compare the 2. If the trade came along I do the trade in a hearbeat but that doesent mean I want to trade Dirk.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 04:57 PM   #47
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

I know we all are homers here, but does anyone really think that Dirk can ever get better than Duncan. Duncan is Dirk you can defend and play the low Post
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 06:46 PM   #48
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

<< Well yea Dirk has potential btu when u compare the 2 its always potential. I dont know if Dirk will get any better than what he has or if he will. That is why im goin by what Duncan has done and Dirk has done. Duncan has been a good player since his rookie season and Dirk is just starting to become somethin so its hard to compare the 2. If the trade came along I do the trade in a hearbeat but that doesent mean I want to trade Dirk. >>

Here's a quote from the CNNSI elsewhere on the forum. It seems to contradict your opinion on Dirk:

&quot;Dirk Nowitzki, F -- There is little doubt that Nowitzki is the best shooting 7-footer to ever play the game, but what has been even more impressive is the year-to-year improvement he's shown. With every campaign, Nowitzki comes back a little stronger, with a more varied game and new skills. Check this out: In each of the past three years, Nowitzki has set new career highs in scoring, field goal percentage, free-throw percentage, 3-point percentage, rebounds, steals, field-goal attempts and free-throw attempts.

He boosted his game again in last year's playoffs, scoring 28.4 points a night, grabbing 13.1 rebounds and shooting 57 percent on 3-pointers, which offers a bad omen for Western Conference opponents. Nowitzki is still just 24, so the final product could be even better. Offensively, there are already few players who can match his skills; it's just a question of getting more shots for him.&quot;
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 07:32 PM   #49
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

yawwwwn Dirk is going to be with the Mavs forever, the only players who we would take would not be traded by their teams. You can argue Dirk is better than Kobe, Garnett blah blah blah, it's just academic
Old 09-26-2002, 08:13 PM   #50
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

There is a alot of homerism here and hey I have fell in the same trap my self. But let me ask u this name something Dirk can do better than Kobe? Name something Dirk can do better than Garnett. Then vice versa. Dirks a top 15 player with no argument right now top 10 I have to see Dirk again for another seasont o judge if he is top 6 or 10 but its just my opinion.

1996-2005
Old 09-26-2002, 08:17 PM   #51
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

<< But let me ask u this name something Dirk can do better than Kobe? >>

rebound.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 08:39 PM   #52
MavsManiac

<< Name something Dirk can do better than Garnett. >>

Carry a team to victory
Old 09-26-2002, 08:45 PM   #53
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

RealGM has dirk at number 6. Sounds about right to me behind shaq, garnett, webber, duncan and someone else I can't remember.

Garnet is a cancer, webber is a head case, Shaq I cannot stand because of the way he is allowed to bulldog folks.

Only duncan would be worth giving up dirk for.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 10:57 PM   #54
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Okay MAvsmaniac and Fidel now name the things that Kobe is better than Dirk in. Then teh same with Kobe. Thats why I think those guys are better than Dirk as of right now because they bring more to the table then Dirk.

1996-2005
Old 09-27-2002, 01:52 AM   #55
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Stats wise Dirk is better in quite a few areas. He shoots better from the field, 3pt% and ft% are higher. He commits less to´s and has more blocks. He has a better point per shot average and a better adjusted fg%. He has more defensive and offensive rbs.

Kobe only has more assists and steals and scores 1.6 points more (on 3.4 more shots), that´s it. Well that is just stats and you could argue if they are all equaly important. Or you could just checkout some ratings like magicmetric.com or tendex. Magicmetric has Dirk at Nr. 6 and Kobe at Nr. 11. End of story.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 09:11 AM   #56
MavsManiac

since Fidel quoted all the stats, I'll just post an observation...

Kobe is WAY WAY better at getting away with too many steps, I'll definitely hand him that one... c'mon Dirk, learn to take advantage of the star treatment... travel more!!

edit: forgot about Garnett... I'll give him passing... something Dirk MUST learn, since teams will double-team the heck outta him this season... I think he made a little progress on that at the Worlds... anybody have his assist totals?
Old 09-27-2002, 09:39 AM   #57
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

Base Line Guy is on a distinguished road

BTW, I take Dirk over Webber everyday including Sunday!

BLG
Old 09-27-2002, 11:03 AM   #58
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Let's try another angle....Who would you rather watch over the next 6 years...Dirk or Dunc ? Dirk, for sure. I appreciate Dunc, but would rather watch Dirk...
Old 09-27-2002, 11:20 AM   #59
Dirk_Dunking

Dirk_Dunking is on a distinguished road

NO MORE!!!!!

DIRK is not going anywhere! and nobody is trading DIRK!! IF he is traded we are sure to trade NASH too! and what is the need of FIN then...trade theam all! AND after that,CUBAN should pay all the fans who also want to relocate to the place ther are traded!

#41 ---&gt; NO - MISS - KEY
Dirk_Dunking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 11:46 AM   #60
jade

jade is on a distinguished road

Dirk_Dunking,
why do you think that Nash would be traded?
jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 02:55 PM   #61
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk is a Mavs' lifer... any talk of trading him for Kobe or Webber or Duncan or etc... is just plain silly...

Old 09-27-2002, 11:34 PM   #62
Dirk_Dunking

Dirk_Dunking is on a distinguished road

<< NO MORE!!!!!

DIRK is not going anywhere! and nobody is trading DIRK!! IF he is traded we are sure to trade NASH too! and what is the need of FIN then...trade theam all! AND after that,CUBAN should pay all the fans who also want to relocate to the place ther are traded!
>>

I dont think NASH cant make any use of his play without DIrk ..so without his BUD on his side..he will be dropped out too! And if Cuban is stupid enough to trade DIRK then he can do anything! if u know what i am talking about! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
#41 ---&gt; NO - MISS - KEY
Dirk_Dunking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 08:49 PM   #63
NBAfreak02

NBAfreak02 is on a distinguished road

no way man, Dirk is the best. If we actually trade him (even though i know we would NEVER do that) i'd just go crazy.