Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-08-2004, 08:49 PM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default The Official: Antoine Walker SUCKS thread

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

WALKER YOU SUCK!

Walker in the 1st quarter. 1 turnover, 1 brick so far, 1 missed layup, 1 shot made, 1 benching. Mavs down by 7 at the time he leaves.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2004, 08:59 PM   #2
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default RE: The Official: Antoine Walker SUCKS thread

at least he's hitting the rim tonight [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2004, 09:03 PM   #3
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:The Official: Antoine Walker SUCKS thread

He's just on a bad streak right now. Hate to stand up for him, but despite these air-balled threes, ridiculous turnovers, and horrible defensive plays lies a decent player who just isn't finding his sweet spot out there on the court. He has had his bright spots, though. Either way, the mavs should get rid of him becuase they don't need him.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 09:10 PM   #4
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Mavs up by 4 after 1 quarter. 11 point swing with Walker out of the game.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:33 PM   #5
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Walker you suck?!? That's not what yo momma said last night...
Old 03-08-2004, 09:50 PM   #6
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Is that his mother?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 10:28 PM   #7
tartufe

tartufe is on a distinguished road

Way to support a member of the team you root for who just happens to be having a bad time right now.
tartufe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 10:35 PM   #8
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough

Any chance Nellie crawl out of Walker's ass and starting either Howard, Jamison or Najera and sit the sorry Walker on the bench?
This fool does not deserve to be a starter.

DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 10:55 PM   #9
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Walker is having an extremely tough time right now. So Nellie should take him to Maui with him over Spring Break and they can both sit on the beach and drink. It will kill two birds with one stone for the Mavs.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:04 PM   #10
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Said it in the gameday thread, saying it again here. He's not playing well. He's not fitting in. He's hurting the team. It's too late in the season to stay with someone who's simply not getting the job done, and honestly, some respectable statistics early in the year aside, hasn't given this team what it needs all season. Maybe sitting him down and letting him watch for a while will allow him to step back and fix this thing before the playoffs, because I still think he's got more talent than he's showing, but it could hardly be more obvious that he doesn't deserve but maybe 10 minutes a game right now as the backup PF behind Dirk.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:06 PM   #11
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Najera and Jamison should get every single one of his minutes.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:09 PM   #12
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: tartufe
Way to support a member of the team you root for who just happens to be having a bad time right now.

Most of us thought he sucked even before 1 game into the season. I see no reason why that notion can be changed.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:13 PM   #13
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Is it just me or did Walker look really pissed off sitting on the bench in the 4th quarter ?
Old 03-08-2004, 11:13 PM   #14
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bayliss
Najera and Jamison should get every single one of his minutes.
Interesting notion.

Bradley 15 - Williams 10 - Fortson 10 - Najera 13
Nowitzki 38 - Najera 10
Jamison 30 - Howard 18
Finley 38 - Howard 10
Nash 33 - Daniels 15

It could be done.

Old 03-08-2004, 11:14 PM   #15
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
Is it just me or did Walker look really pissed off sitting on the bench in the 4th quarter ?
Sure looked that way to me.

Once you get in Nellie's doghouse, it's hard to get out.

Ask Shawn.

Old 03-08-2004, 11:14 PM   #16
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
Yep, he looked really uninterested and had that pouting look you would see in a child.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:18 PM   #17
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Speaking of Walker, there was one point in the third when the Mavs posted him up on the left block, and Dirk flashed to the FT line wide open, begging for the ball. Walker looked away and refused to pass, then tried to spin inside for a failed hook shot. The Suns grabbed the board, charged down on the break and drew a foul. Did anyone else notice Dirk spike the ball in disgust? He was clearly pissed that Walker wouldn't give up the ball. Shortly after that, Walker was yanked and never heard from again.

Old 03-08-2004, 11:24 PM   #18
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

KG, I noticed that, and I wondered if that was why Dirk spiked the ball. Do you remember did Walker finish out the third quarter? I'm trying to figure his plus minus for tonight.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:27 PM   #19
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Speaking of Walker, there was one point in the third when the Mavs posted him up on the left block, and Dirk flashed to the FT line wide open, begging for the ball. Walker looked away and refused to pass, then tried to spin inside for a failed hook shot. The Suns grabbed the board, charged down on the break and drew a foul. Did anyone else notice Dirk spike the ball in disgust? He was clearly pissed that Walker wouldn't give up the ball. Shortly after that, Walker was yanked and never heard from again.

Actually you are right. I did see that and I also saw how pissed off Dirk was. I also just heard the postgame comments from Nellie on espn1033 and I could not hear it all but it looked like Nellie said he had a good chance to have a good game and he did not. He also added that we are playing for playoff positioning and he cannot risk leaving walker if he is not playing well.

I just heard walker say that he is not a kind of player who plays only 18 minutes. But he has to do it now.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:27 PM   #20
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Funny, he's being interviewed on the radio and saying "I can't give you what want in 18-20 minutes. and "I'm not an 18 minute ballplayer."

I find it strange that he's being interviewed in the first place.

Old 03-08-2004, 11:29 PM   #21
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

I'm glad Nellie is taking that position. It seems like we get off to a slow start EVERY night, in part because the Mavs are trying to get Walker going.

Hopefully we can find a new home for Antoine in the summer if that's the way he feels.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:29 PM   #22
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

and another wonderful line from #8 tonight. 6 pts on an extremely efficient 2/9 from the floor. 8 rebounds, a fantastic 2-1 turnover to assist ratio, and 1 steal.

all in a great day's work for employee #8. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

the guy has been a lightening rod for criticism and deservedly so. he bogs down the offense doing his best job of imitating steve francis when he's the backup pg. he floats out to the 3pt line on every possesion on offense when he knows that the mavs need his big ass down grabbing rebounds. and he just doesnt do much besides put on a stupid pouty face whenever his shots aren't falling. im beginning to remember why he was my least favorite player in the NBA before he was traded to the mavs. he just isnt willing to do any of the dirty work, and frankly he's pathetic.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:31 PM   #23
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm glad Nellie is taking that position. It seems like we get off to a slow start EVERY night, in part because the Mavs are trying to get Walker going.

Hopefully we can find a new home for Antoine in the summer if that's the way he feels.
I wish we could have done that before the trade deadline. His value was at an all time high when he had those back to back triple doubles. I do think Isaiah will bail us out if nobody wants Walker.

Old 03-08-2004, 11:33 PM   #24
Bayliss

KG, I remember the play but didn't notice Dirk's reaction. I had to go back and look at the play. He slammed it so hard it got away from him.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:34 PM   #25
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Quote:

I wish we could have done that before the trade deadline. His value was at an all time high when he had those back to back triple doubles. I do think Isaiah will bail us out if nobody wants Walker.
I think his value will be at an all-time high in the summer. It's his contract that's attractive to teams looking to cut salary.

Old 03-08-2004, 11:35 PM   #26
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bayliss
KG, I remember the play but didn't notice Dirk's reaction. I had to go back and look at the play. He slammed it so hard it got away from him.
Exactly. That's the play I'm referring to. Dirk was REALLY pissed at Walker, who clearly ignored him when he was open.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:35 PM   #27
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Maybe Antoine, your lack of PT has something to do with the fact that, over the last 5 games, you're shooting 25% from 2, 31.25 % from 3 , 53% from FT and have 11 assists to 10 turnovers.

The minutes from his last 5 games also show a trend...in order, they're 34, 27,25, 22 and then 18 tonight. Tonight, Howard, Najera, and Jamison all played more minutes than Walker did. Daniels even came close with 16 minutes.

I'd say it's about time.

What have I been saying about Walker all damn season ?

Old 03-08-2004, 11:38 PM   #28
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Quote:

I think his value will be at an all-time high in the summer. It's his contract that's attractive to teams looking to cut salary.
KG, you are right, I totally forgot about that.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:38 PM   #29
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

OP - Great numbers, and they illustrate the point.

If the dude can earn the minutes back, fine, but good for Nelson for making him earn his time just like the rest of the guys.

From a purely selfish perspective, I'm really happy when he's not on the court. He's got perhaps the ugliest game of a "star" player in the NBA.

Old 03-08-2004, 11:39 PM   #30
Bayliss

I was wrong earlier, and for that I apologize. I have no faith in him whatsoever. I have no empathy for him at all. I have more empathy for Paul Pierce and Boston fans. Now I know why Pierce has declined in the last 3 years. Let Walker stick here for 2 more years and Dirk will regress the same. And I know why he was traded for dog shit in LaFrentz and a glimmer of hope in Welsch.

And god I wish the Mavs had Welsch back. It wasn't worth trading away Welsch for Walker. We got screwed on that trade. (Especially considering Welsch tore up Minny last night in Minny.)
Old 03-08-2004, 11:40 PM   #31
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Walker's plus minus tonight:
In: 18 minutes, -8.
Out: 30 minutes, +21.
Per 48 Roland rating: -54.6

And he wonders why he's losing all his PT.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:43 PM   #32
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Interestingly enough, Welsch is shaping up to be a pretty nice player.

The real question at this point is what Walker will bring you in the summer. All signs point to an exit.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:44 PM   #33
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

Quote:
Originally posted by: tartufe

he's been having a bad time since the season started. its time i stopped cutting him some slack. either sh*t or get off the pot.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:49 PM   #34
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

One point that I noticed :

Jamison was supposed to start on this team before the walker trade and Jamison accepted his role as a bench player and did not say much but tried to learn his role.

Walker plays three games with reduced minutes and starts b!tching about it.

Walker is a cancer, Trade him after this season.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:55 PM   #35
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

my problem with walker is this.

he sucks. what can he do better than what we currently have?

its well documented he can't shoot. he cant hit a 3. he cant hit a midrange jumper. he can't make a 5 ft runner. he cant even make a layup. a LAYUP. and as was evidenced in the rockets game, he cant even dunk. as i was telling someone in PMs, i have never been scared to watch someone attempt a layup before, but walker does that to me. he's absolutely terrible.

can he pass? well he's second on the team in assists. but i think those numbers are a bit misleading. its well evidenced, that when he is running the offense, the mavs just completely bog down. he cant shoot well enough to make defenders play him tight, and he can't take it to the rim strong because he's afraid of getting fouled? why? because he cant hit a free throw. so what do we have? we have a big, fat, slow player who cant shoot, is afraid to drive, and when he gets single coverage thinks that every shot is a good shot. the verdict is in folks: he sucks as a backup PG too.

can he rebound? he is a decent rebounder. but he refuses to park his fat lard rump in the paint on the offensive end, instead floating out to the 3 pt line on every possesion. he actually helps the mavs on the boards, but he refuses to sacrifice the craptacular parts of his game to focus on his strengths. i'd venture to say that jamison/fortson/najera can give you more on the boards than #8 does.

can he defend? well he's too slow to guard 3's, too unathletic to stick in the middle of a zone. you're forced to play him at the 4 but when dirk and jamison are out there that forces jamison to guard perimeter players. as much as i love jamison, thats a terrible idea.

so what have we concluded? he's a proverbial square peg in a round hole. he stinks. his game stinks. and i'd venture to say he'll have a tough time getting more than the MLE from some team on the open market.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:56 PM   #36
OutletPass
Diamond Member

after a win, 103.3 radio is STILL talking about his interview and replaying it.

They're really stoking the fire...this may take on a life of it's own.

Classy move there Antoine...bitch and moan after a win.

Ship the bitch out of here this summer...no matter what happens in the playoffs...Calling Isiah...
Old 03-09-2004, 12:01 AM   #37
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

That interview is absolutely disgusting...he believes he's getting "the short end of the stick".

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:01 AM   #38
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Yep, as I pointed out in PMs, it speaks volumes about a player when they bitch about PT after a win.

Old 03-09-2004, 12:03 AM   #39
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Walker may not be that bad but he is not a fit with the mavs. Antoine Jamison used to be the #1 option before coming here and is not b!tiching about time and walker was not even the #1 option before coming here and acts like a whining a$$hole.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:04 AM   #40
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

F'em? F'him. Utterly classless.