Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-09-2006, 12:07 PM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default The Official Excuse Thread for Spurs Fans

I'm going out on a limb here, and this thread is purely intended for entertainment value.

However, I wanted to provide an official excuse thread for all the Spurs trolls who are only going to show up after wins and won't show up after losses. With that in mind, may I present: The Official Excuse Thread for Spurs Fans everywhere after the Mavs lay the smack down. Also known as things most likely to be read on a Spurs message board after a series loss.

1. The NBA is out to hold down small market teams. They told the refs to ref against us.
2. Duncan is hurt and isn't healthy.
3. We played a brutal series against the Kings. The Mavs had the advantage of rest.
4. The NBA scheduled against us by making Game 1 so early.
5. The NBA is against us, because they wouldn't reseed until the second round.
6. Mark Cuban bought out the refs.
7. Mark Cuban bribed Nick Van Exel to shoot all those bricks.
8. Avery Johnson knows all the Spurs plays. He shouldn't be allowed to coach against us.
9. Dirk's hair distracted us.
10. Tony Parker is hurt.
11. Tony Parker couldn't focus because Eva Longoria is his girlfriend.
12. When in doubt, blame Rasho.
13. If that doesn't work, blame Nazr.
14. Screw Cuban for dumping that no talent hack Finley on us.
15. We're too old.
16. Trade Duncan.
17. Fire Pop! Hire Larry Brown.
18. We're the better team, the Mavs got lucky.
19. Duncan is anti-clutch.
20. We didn't play Manu enough. We should have played Manu more.
21. Trade Manu.
22. The NBA wanted to see a Mavs-Phx reunion instead of a Spurs Suns showdown.
23. The NBA is racist. They wanted a white superstar to get to the Finals.
24. F Nick Van Exel.
25. We lost because Pop wouldn't play Beno.
26. Sign Bonzi Wells.

Add more.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2006, 12:09 PM   #2
dark21horse
Banned

dark21horse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
I'm going out on a limb here, and this thread is purely intended for entertainment value.

However, I wanted to provide an official excuse thread for all the Spurs trolls who are only going to show up after wins and won't show up after losses. With that in mind, may I present: The Official Excuse Thread for Spurs Fans everywhere after the Mavs lay the smack down. Also known as things most likely to be read on a Spurs message board after a series loss.

1. The NBA is out to hold down small market teams. They told the refs to ref against us.
2. Duncan is hurt and isn't healthy.
3. We played a brutal series against the Kings. The Mavs had the advantage of rest.
4. The NBA scheduled against us by making Game 1 so early.
5. The NBA is against us, because they wouldn't reseed until the second round.
6. Mark Cuban bought out the refs.
7. Mark Cuban bribed Nick Van Exel to shoot all those bricks.
8. Avery Johnson knows all the Spurs plays. He shouldn't be allowed to coach against us.
9. Dirk's hair distracted us.
10. Tony Parker is hurt.
11. Tony Parker couldn't focus because Eva Longoria is his girlfriend.
12. When in doubt, blame Rasho.
13. If that doesn't work, blame Nazr.
14. Screw Cuban for dumping that no talent hack Finley on us.
15. We're too old.
16. Trade Duncan.
17. Fire Pop! Hire Larry Brown.
18. We're the better team, the Mavs got lucky.
19. Duncan is anti-clutch.
21. Trade Manu.
22. The NBA wanted to see a Mavs-Phx reunion instead of a Spurs Suns showdown.
23. The NBA is racist. They wanted a white superstar to get to the Finals.
24. F Nick Van Exel.
26. Sign Bonzi Wells.

Add more.

I aint goin nowhere (at least until the spurs close out the mavs and then I will move on to the next team).....so.......bring it on!
dark21horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:10 PM   #3
Spurs Fan

Spurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the rough
Talking

Brother, you've been spending way too much time on our board
Spurs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:13 PM   #4
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs Fan
Brother, you've been spending way too much time on our board
indeed.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:19 PM   #5
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

It really is funny how 90% of the spurs fan who are members on this board joined about 20 mins after the game Sunday. Where have they been for so long. I have been a member on spurs report for a while now, I don't have to go on their website after the Mavs win and boast or gloat or complain or whatever they are doing. It really is funny.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:21 PM   #6
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
It really is funny how 90% of the spurs fan who are members on this board joined about 20 mins after the game Sunday. Where have they been for so long. I have been a member on spurs report for a while now, I don't have to go on their website after the Mavs win and boast or gloat or complain or whatever they are doing. It really is funny.

Not me I have been a pain the a$$ for a while.
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:21 PM   #7
Spurs Fan

Spurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I would suspect that is an annual event, on all team's boards.
Spurs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:23 PM   #8
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Gervin
i think the fact that we haven't banned you speaks volumes.

you've grown on us. like a fungus.

Last edited by aexchange; 05-09-2006 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:26 PM   #9
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Gervin
Good point.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:30 PM   #10
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Well I don't believe in rubbing it in peoples faces win or lose. I have said from the beginning if the Mavs win the series, which I think they have a legit chance, they will have because they were the better team. Game one is just one game and the Mavs had many opportunities to win the game. I fully expect the Mavs to play to win tonight and I believe they have about a 60/40 chance to do it.
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:05 PM   #11
dark21horse
Banned

I dont believe in rubbing it in either. To be clear....I joined yesterday. I am a member of SR. I know there are a number of Mav fans from this forum over there as well. Anyway....I look forward to some good natured jousting with Mav fans.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:36 PM   #12
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange

17. Fire Pop!
Ahh, the oldies, but goodies...
Quote:
These are the newer ones, but equally espoused...

Wow, you do read spursreport.com, don't you?

Of course, in defense, I've never seen aboard that doesn't have it's share of knee-jerkers...
Old 05-09-2006, 01:39 PM   #13
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all

Quote:
It really is funny how 90% of the spurs fan who are members on this board joined about 20 mins after the game Sunday.
Sez the newbie who joined in Feb 2006...

Every board has it's trolls, and it's cool fans from other teams. SR.com has 'em as well...They used to get a ton of Lakers' trolls a few years back...

We had one -- Mouse -- who defected to becom a Mavs fan. He was a funny read though -- very entertaining.

Last edited by TVI; 05-09-2006 at 01:43 PM.
TVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:44 PM   #14
dark21horse
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVI
Sez the newbie who joined in Feb 2006...

Every board has it's trolls, and it's cool fans from other teams. SR.com has 'em as well...They used to get a ton of Lakers' trolls a few years back...

We had one -- Mouse -- who defected to becom a Mavs fan. He was a funny read though -- very entertaining.

I liked Mouse. He wood say some stuff that was off the chain!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2006, 01:47 PM   #15
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

If the Spurs ever sign Antoine Walker you will inherit a poster that, although he "grows" on you, will drive you insane.

I think I read a thread by mouse on spurstalk last night. Or at least one he was participating in.

edit: Yep - http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40356

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 05-09-2006 at 01:48 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 02:06 PM   #16
101 6 7

101 6 7 will become famous soon enough101 6 7 will become famous soon enough

I've been her awhile; just don't post much; just like to see what y'all are thinking up here.

I'll be in when/if the Spurs lose a game in this series, but, as usual, won't post much.
101 6 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 02:43 PM   #17
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

27. The refs felt bad for not calling fouls on Dirk in game 1.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:29 PM   #18
Ishta

Ishta is on a distinguished road

Looking forward to tonights game! No excuses needed.
Ishta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:35 PM   #19
soulfood76

soulfood76 is on a distinguished road

I'm another Spurs fan who doesn't post at all, as you can see to the left. I just like to read desperation, disillusion, dissatisfaction and despair with our opponents fans as a series develops. It's Great! Kingstalk.com was classic last week.

Last edited by soulfood76; 05-09-2006 at 04:37 PM.
soulfood76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:40 PM   #20
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the one thing I don't like about this board. Our mods let too many trolls in to just troll around.

Spursreport doesn't allow it (of course the sk*rts are too chicken-**** to even allow non san antonio fans to buy tickets) but at least you don't have to read the troll postings there.

I guess that's the price you pay for such an open forum as this. But sheesh it does get tiresome.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-09-2006, 05:11 PM   #21
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

It is funny, I went over to spursreport and never once cursed anyone or anything like that and they banned me. Dark Horse said he got banned here. hahah./
Old 05-09-2006, 05:21 PM   #22
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
It is funny, I went over to spursreport and never once cursed anyone or anything like that and they banned me. Dark Horse said he got banned here. hahah./
Glad to here it about horse. Cursing is one thing but just flat out trolling on your own b
oard is a pain.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:25 PM   #23
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

It's one thing if the opponent fans want to come here and talk Basketball with us. It's another when they start to attack posters (especially regular posters). When that happens the leash gets shorter.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 05-09-2006 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:00 PM   #24
lion45heart

lion45heart has a little shameless behaviour in the past

But what if someone says that they think the Spurs will win.....is that okay in this forum?
lion45heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:05 PM   #25
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark21horse
I dont believe in rubbing it in either. To be clear....I joined yesterday. I am a member of SR. I know there are a number of Mav fans from this forum over there as well. Anyway....I look forward to some good natured jousting with Mav fans.
whatever happens, it won't be as fun as last year with the rockets. man, some of those captioned pictures were just comedic gold.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:07 PM   #26
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lion45heart
But what if someone says that they think the Spurs will win.....is that okay in this forum?
Of course.

You can speak like you don't know what you are talking about.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 05-09-2006 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:13 PM   #27
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lion45heart
I think it's okay as long as it doesn't turn into some sort of fan taunting.

You also need to have a pretty thick skin. Just have to remember that you are a guest and really don't have many rights.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:13 PM   #28
lion45heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Of course.

You can speak like you don't know what you are talking about.
In that case.......Spurs will win in 6.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:28 PM   #29
manu2finley

manu2finley can only hope to improve

Quote:
nope check join date!
manu2finley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:53 PM   #30
lion45heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I think it's okay as long as it doesn't turn into some sort of fan taunting.

You also need to have a pretty thick skin. Just have to remember that you are a guest and really don't have many rights.
Does having thick skin mean that I will be called names? I just want to know what I am dealing with.

Last edited by lion45heart; 05-09-2006 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:22 PM   #31
Nor*Cal Spur
Banned

Nor*Cal Spur is infamous around these parts

Quote:
maybe if the site allowed people to view without registering, us "trolls" wouldn't be here posting.
Nor*Cal Spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:56 PM   #32
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't read every post by the new Spurs fans..but, I really haven't had much of a problem with anything said. Hey, the Spurs won game one. I would expect Spurs fans to go to their opponent's board and have a little fun with it.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:17 PM   #33
windboy226

windboy226 is on a distinguished road

funny....Reason #1 seems to be the choice of Spursreport tonight...
windboy226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:19 PM   #34
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I saw this one on Spursreport and thought it should be added to the list:

Quote:
I have a bad feeling that the NBA don't want a repeat of last year's Finals.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:24 PM   #35
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I saw this one on Spursreport and thought it should be added to the list:
Wrong thread. Please refer to the Spurs Fans Excuses thread.

EDIT: Wait, this is it!

Last edited by bernardos70; 05-09-2006 at 11:31 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:25 PM   #36
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Another from SR:

Quote:
Yeah, I expect them to win game 3. It was obvious a direct order from Stern was followed by Javie and his crew tonight. It must have been Code Red because they were on a mission to not let the Spurs play.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:27 PM   #37
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Game 2
Personal fouls through 3 quarters: Mavs 22, Spurs 20
FT attempted through 3 quarters: Mavs 31, Spurs 30

Game 2, con't
Personal fouls to 4:11 in 4th: Mavs 37, Spurs 33
FT attempted to 4:11 in 4th: Mavs 25, Spurs 23

WHERE'S THE BEEF?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:31 PM   #38
Nor*Cal Spur
Banned

Nor*Cal Spur is infamous around these parts

spursreport is full of taco truck owners

they don't know what they're talkin about
Nor*Cal Spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:34 PM   #39
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Here's another post from SpursReport (and I know it really isn't an excuse, but I just can't not post it because it is too good)

Quote:
We protest this crap by finishing out tonight and grabbing their sac for Game 3 and winning in _allas.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:35 PM   #40
dude1394
Guru

27. Devin