Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-10-2006, 08:07 AM   #81
Spurs Fan

Spurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
1. The NBA is out to hold down small market teams. They told the refs to ref against us.
11. Tony Parker couldn't focus because Eva Longoria is his girlfriend.
12. When in doubt, blame Rasho.
13. If that doesn't work, blame Nazr.
17. Fire Pop! Hire Larry Brown.
22. The NBA wanted to see a Mavs-Phx reunion instead of a Spurs Suns showdown
Add more.
I think I'll take these excuses for today. I assume, though, that they can be used again at the appropriate time?
Spurs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2006, 08:16 AM   #82
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

what about no excuses and that we just got whooped? I don't see that down on the list?
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:35 AM   #83
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Gervin
what about no excuses and that we just got whooped? I don't see that down on the list?
We've never heard that from a Spurs fan.... must be something new. LOL

Just kidding.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:40 AM   #84
101 6 7

101 6 7 will become famous soon enough101 6 7 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Ditto. Mavs are tough.

I wouldn't have believed how much nad a single person could bring to an organization if I hadn't seen Mario Ellie bring it to SA; AJ has done that for Dallas.

Also, much as the Spurs were built to beat the Lakers, this Dallas team is built to beat the Spurs; they also have the benefit of having watched Sacramento just ABUSE the Spurs interior, and the players to somewhat duplicate that philosophy.

I did not give the Mavs enough credit in the regular season for how well, when healthy, they match up with the Spurs, and I have given the Spurs too much credit as to being able to "flip a switch" and turn up the intensity.

The Mavs look hungry, the Spurs look indifferent; comfortable, and ready to be beat (amazingly except for Tim - the one player whose legacy is already assured, but I guess that's why).

Next: Game 3.

I'm not ready to write the Spurs off, or crown the Mavs. Nor can I say game 2 was simply an abberation and the Spurs will dominate the rest of this series.

I have seen the Spurs get waxed in the playoffs in at least one game in 3 of their past 4 series; and have eventually won each of those series, so I have some reassurance there; but am I ready to predict that for THIS series. No.

That being said, do I think the Mavs have the Spurs number, and the Spurs won't simply bounce back and take game 3? Nope.

I honestly don't know what is going to happen in this series; I guess that's why they play the games.
101 6 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:43 AM   #85
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

I think most SPurs fans know that they just got outplayed last night. But there are some dumbasses out there that will use the refs excuse and others will use the Tony was hurt.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:48 AM   #86
lion45heart

lion45heart has a little shameless behaviour in the past

If you haven't heard from a Spurs fan you are hearing from one now. I am gonna make it not fun for you and say that the Spurs were outplayed last night. To Avery's credit, he made a couple of good adjustments. One was to put Devin Harris in, another was to push the ball up the court and get fast break points. Wonderful job. I'll bet yall didn't think I would show up today.
lion45heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:53 AM   #87
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

I expected that at least one of the spurts fans would come back, but where are the rest of the A holes that like to brag when their team wins?
Old 05-10-2006, 09:32 AM   #88
101 6 7

101 6 7 will become famous soon enough101 6 7 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
I expected that at least one of the spurts fans would come back, but where are the rest of the A holes that like to brag when their team wins?
I count 4 on this page alone. I don't feel like browsing through the rest of the thread. How insecure, exactly, are you?
101 6 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:38 AM   #89
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

I am talking about all the guys who signed up yesterday or the day before who came on here to talk shit and nothing else. Where are those guys? I am not talking about Gervin or you or the guy who started the thread who have been on here for years. And why would I be insecure about anything? Neither you nor any of the ones I just mentioned come on here and talk shit. You have good basketball comments.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:41 AM   #90
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

and just to count those I am talking about, I count 2 of the many many new members back on here today.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:04 AM   #91
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101 6 7
Ditto. Mavs are tough.

I wouldn't have believed how much nad a single person could bring to an organization if I hadn't seen Mario Ellie bring it to SA; AJ has done that for Dallas.

Also, much as the Spurs were built to beat the Lakers, this Dallas team is built to beat the Spurs; they also have the benefit of having watched Sacramento just ABUSE the Spurs interior, and the players to somewhat duplicate that philosophy.

I did not give the Mavs enough credit in the regular season for how well, when healthy, they match up with the Spurs, and I have given the Spurs too much credit as to being able to "flip a switch" and turn up the intensity.

The Mavs look hungry, the Spurs look indifferent; comfortable, and ready to be beat (amazingly except for Tim - the one player whose legacy is already assured, but I guess that's why).

Next: Game 3.

I'm not ready to write the Spurs off, or crown the Mavs. Nor can I say game 2 was simply an abberation and the Spurs will dominate the rest of this series.

I have seen the Spurs get waxed in the playoffs in at least one game in 3 of their past 4 series; and have eventually won each of those series, so I have some reassurance there; but am I ready to predict that for THIS series. No.

That being said, do I think the Mavs have the Spurs number, and the Spurs won't simply bounce back and take game 3? Nope.

I honestly don't know what is going to happen in this series; I guess that's why they play the games.
wow, what an amazingly honest thread from a fan. very nice sir, I thought only a select few of us Mavs fans could speak so honestly about our team....especially after a loss.
I agree with you that your team has some matchup problems with the Mavs. But this dog fight has only just begun...the Mavs just had the first good game in the series.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:10 AM   #92
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

it's good to hear from a coherent Spurs fan and not one that just wants to say how they have 3 championships and they are the best, blah blah blah. That is what I am talking about 101;
Old 05-10-2006, 11:08 AM   #93
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

It is really sad reading spurs fans messages on spurstalk. They are talking about burning Avery's jersey and how he backstabbed them trying to get past their team in the playoffs. The ref bashing is pretty sad too.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:23 AM   #94
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It is really sad reading spurs fans messages on spurstalk. They are talking about burning Avery's jersey and how he backstabbed them trying to get past their team in the playoffs. The ref bashing is pretty sad too.
Actually, that's absolutely hilarious! One of the finest types of humor to be found on the face of the earth.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:40 AM   #95
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I really don't understand why people are wasting time talking about the Spurs whining.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:01 PM   #96
amuseddaysleeper

amuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the rough

Coming from a Spurs fan:

you know why we lost?

cuz a certain visiting team wanted to play like the better team tonight

unfortunately my spurs were on the recieving end

I think the series is far from over but they always say....

A series begins when the road team wins

ladies and gentlemen,

I think we have a series
amuseddaysleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 07:18 PM   #97
thefatman

thefatman is on a distinguished road

I have to agree, the excuses are everywhere.

I mean my jaw dropped, when I saw Pop go into the post game press conferance and say the NBA had instituted new rules, for this series, that the Mavericks were taking advantage of. Talk about whining, but being slick about it, Damn that Popovich is sneaky.

And did you see when Peter Holt charged onto the floor and started screaming at the Refs. Now thats intimidation those Refs know that Peter Holt has a crew standing by to go over every second of the game, and send in edits of fouls they think went uncalled against the Spurs. Hell he basically invented and took the behind the scenes whining to a whole new level. And don't worry Peter Holt is going to keep it up, because no matter how much the NBA fines him, he's got the money and he know the Refs can be intimidated, they're only Human.

Talk about a classless organization, friggen whiney Spurs.
thefatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 07:22 PM   #98
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatman
Talk about a classless organization, friggen whiney Spurs.
Great first post.

Spurs are teh suck - I couldn't agree more.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:26 PM   #99
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know who peter holt is but he seems pretty smart charting bad calls against his team. Maybe with feedback the referees will improve their skills.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:39 PM   #100
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I have alot of respect for the knowledgeable basketball fans on that board and there are quite a bit on there. But the others are rediculous. Can't believe how they wanted to discount how the Mavs played defense last night and said it was all the Spurs and the Mavs didnt do much of anything spectular on both ends.
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:30 PM   #101
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Quote:
Not me I have been a pain the a$$ for a while.
And a flabby, hairy, stinky one at that... but I still love ya!
Old 05-10-2006, 09:34 PM   #102
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Basically, from a basketball stand point, I'm absolutely appalled by the officiating. I can see how both teams would be upset at the officiating. It isn't anything close to consistent. What's a foul one trip down the court isn't a foul. One second, they're calling it tight. The next second, someone is getting their head knocked off without a whistle.

The officials haven't had control over either game. Yes, they're trying to show that they have control by calling an insane amount of fouls, but that is not controlling the game. It's pissing everyone off in the world because you cannot call the game in a fair manner for either team. At times, it makes the game anearly unwatchable.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:58 PM   #103
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I've been having quite a difficult time all year determing what is/is not a foul. It's consistently inconsistent.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:41 AM   #104
ZueriMav

ZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really nice

Reason No 101: We weren't able to clone Bowen so he could guard BOTH Dirk AND JHo

Cheers
ZueriMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:03 AM   #105
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

We are a decrepit and rotting team that is hemorrhaging from the inside.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:43 PM   #106
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

tonight's helping of spurs complaints includes 1, 6, 8, 13, and 17 from our menu.

spurs fans are so utterly predictable.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:52 PM   #107
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
tonight's helping of spurs complaints includes 1, 6, 8, 13, and 17 from our menu.

pwned, morans.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:57 PM   #108
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Talking shit AEx? I'm savovic shocked. True they are whining like the losers they are but I thought you might notbe the one to point it out.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:57 PM   #109
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

From the Big Man himself:

"He stepped on my foot. There was zero contact."

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:00 PM   #110
Drbio
Banned

From Dirk....

"I stepped on someones foot and got hit in the head."
Old 05-13-2006, 11:00 PM   #111
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Talking shit AEx? I'm savovic shocked. True they are whining like the losers they are but I thought you might notbe the one to point it out.
yeah, i got banned without provocation from spursreport.

well, actually i did provoke. i posted a picture of justin timberlake and the lyrics to cry me a river. oh well. scoreboard you spurs nitwits.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:04 PM   #112
Drbio
Banned

hahahahaha....couldn't help but laugh first.

I have never gone over to another baaord to post after a game. I hate when trollish fans do that here so I choose not to do it there. That was the inspiration of the other thread. I know you didn;t like it, but many of us here hate when we allow these idiots to troll up our board.

Anyways....that Timberlake thing was funny.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:04 PM   #113
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
From the Big Man himself:

"He stepped on my foot. There was zero contact."
In the NFL they call that "incidental contact" and do not call a foul.

Maybe Timmie should've played free safety.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:10 PM   #114
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
hahahahaha....couldn't help but laugh first.

I have never gone over to another baaord to post after a game. I hate when trollish fans do that here so I choose not to do it there. That was the inspiration of the other thread. I know you didn;t like it, but many of us here hate when we allow these idiots to troll up our board.

Anyways....that Timberlake thing was funny.
yeah, perhaps i should have clarified. i go to spursreport after games regardless of whether the mavs win or lose. mostly just to talk bball with a few people. but i posted the timberlake stuff in the 5th thread started by a spursreport member and moderator about the refs costing them the game, and i thought it was pretty amusing. mostly just to lighten the air.

but i guess he didn't feel that way. so, i sit here and wonder where all the spurs fans are who thought they were going to crush our mavs in 5 games? nowhere to be found.

Last edited by aexchange; 05-13-2006 at 11:21 PM.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:03 AM   #115
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Da refs. Da refs. Da refs.

Geez, Spurs fans sound like Tattoo from Fantasy Island.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 12:08 AM   #116
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

There's also complaining about the clock not being stopped at the proper time on the play when Dirk was fouled. Maybe I'll go back and check....

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 12:12 AM   #117
chumdawg
Guru

They are quite correct about that. It was, give or take, two seconds. But honestly, what difference did it make?
Old 05-14-2006, 12:13 AM   #118
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Well if so then that's the fault of the NBA. The league does not use stadium timekeepers in the playoffs - the league appoints neutral officials.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 12:20 AM   #119
chumdawg
Guru

Butu realistically, what is the difference between 7.9 and 9.9? I'd go so far as to say that it is very close to zero. The Spurs were going to to play for the last shot, anyway, as evidenced by their play to get the ball to Ginobili going AWAY from the basket.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:43 AM   #120
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Butu realistically, what is the difference between 7.9 and 9.9? I'd go so far as to say that it is very close to zero. The Spurs were going to to play for the last shot, anyway, as evidenced by their play to get the ball to Ginobili going AWAY from the basket.
There is not a huge difference between 7.9 seconds and 9.9 seconds when inbounding the ball in the Spurs end; however, there is a big difference between 2.1 seconds and 4.1 seconds when inbounding the ball in the Mavs end. Would it all have played out the same such that they were in that position? I don't know. With that said, it is a fair argument on their end. I would be angry about that if it happened to us, but really, it is just an excuse.