Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-31-2004, 07:02 PM   #1
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough
Default here's an idea for the Mavs

Thick physique with a knack for scoring. Jin weighs a surprising 325 pounds, possessing a frame that only the upper echelon of post players carry; and what's even more impressive is the fact that he may still be growing, meaning he may fill out his body and possibly put on more weight in the form of muscle to help him battle in the paint. This unique young man's number one strength would undoubtedly be his prototype height for the ever evolving NBA. With competition from players like Shaq, Yao, Illgauskas, and B. Miller, his size alone makes him an interesting prospect to say the least. Jin has good fundamentals and is still eager to learn the game. An improving stroke from beyond the paint, decent free throw shooting and a soft touch inside the post; scouts have constantly praised his shooting as a strength in his offensive game. Another thing to note would be his dedication to the game, which may be indirectly connected to his Korean heritage, commonly stereotyped as having high levels of work ethic. News sites report that this kid plays nearly 4 hours day! That is not including the time spent on bulking up his body in the weight room. This might be the best news; he is willing to work to get better.
While his offense may be raw at this point, but unlike many foreign centers, he does not shy away from contact. Contrary to popular misconception, though, he plays nothing like Yao Ming. Jin plays more of a down-and-dirty post game like Eddy Curry/Shaquille O'neal/Zach Randolph than a finesse game like Yao Ming. It will take time for that to translate to the NBA, but the fact that he is willing to mix it up inside instead of drifting to the perimeter is another plus to his game. With his aggressiveness on offense and his natural yet unrefined talent on the court, he has all the physical tools to be very capable offensive player in this league.

With over a million and a half Koreans currently residing in the United States (according to the 2000 census report) along with another 50 million people in South Korea, Jin’s marketing ability is something that should not be ignored. There has already been a huge buildup in the Korean media to Jin’s likely selection in the NBA draft, and that is only going to intensify as the date gets closer. What Jin could bring to the NBA and his team in terms of marketing power and ticket sales could actually serve as something that might boost his draft stock a little.

JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2004, 07:54 PM   #2
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough
Default RE:here's an idea for the Mavs

im korean so therefore i am biased[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] hope he makes it in the nba. sounds different from most korean players. most of them are purely jumpshooters.
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 08:03 PM   #3
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

I copy and pasted the above article from draftcity.com. I tried to post a picture of him but I don't know how to do it I guess. Anyhow, it sounds like that this kid has the kind of body the mavs could be looking for at 7'3" 320 lbs. And he probably will grow more.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:08 PM   #4
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

i think he's a good size for the mavs right now. if he can be a banger in the nba im all for it. i say we bring him in and have him practice. (of course with the mavs d who knows)

btw:is that what your username is about?
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 11:29 PM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: here's an idea for the Mavs

mavs dont need any projects right now...they need players..proven players

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 11:43 PM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldnt trade for him but I would definitely give him a line on the second round pick.

edit: save Walker
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 09:58 AM   #7
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

I agree sike that the mavs need proven players, and that is something jin is absolutely not. But.. I do think one should think twice before passing up on someone with as much upside as this kid appears to possess. Of course, there are other options out there, but at the very least, with this guy's physical stature, he should also be an option. I read in another thread, and agree, that the mavs need players that have both the talent and the heart for the game. I think this kid has those two things. Of course, he's a project, but who's not a project other than okafur at this point. At least this project is 7'3" 320 lb and willing to work hard on his game. Maybe a proven player isn't an absolute necessity especially since you have plenty of that on this team. Maybe the mavs do just need a project banger along with an ostertag type for now and see where that takes us. I'm just sick of seeing the mavs bullied by nearly every team in the league because we don't have a real presence in the paint. Fortson = too short; Bradley = too thin; Williams = too old. IMO, the mavs should grab at least one of these centers in the draft along with a freeagent signing. When it comes down to it, I think this guy is a legitimate option.

To answer your question cheesestar, no this just my own member name. I forget what Jin's full name is. Erica, I think Jin is projected as a middle to late first round pick. I'd definitely trade to nab him in the second round if the opportunity was there.