Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-21-2004, 02:32 AM   #1
DAllA$ MAVS FINLEY#4

DAllA$ MAVS FINLEY#4 is on a distinguished road
Default Big Trade for Mavs

I have read & been starting to hear about the Mavs possibly trading for T-Mac. Now what do you think the chances are that this will happen? We know Mark Cuban is good for it. If you dont think its likely we will see T-Mac in a Dallas Jersey, then do you see Dallas going after any other superstars that are will be shopped around this summer. If your answer is yes then who if you were in Marks shoes would you give up in return. Walker is most likley to be one, but know way in a teams right mind would they trade a T-Mac for Walk. So who out of Dirk, Finley, Jamison & Nash (supposing he resigns) would you sacrifice, or maybe you dont even like the thought of another star in Dallas. I know we need defense but would you really pass up a top 10 player! Tell me what you think! Happy to be a member &look forward to talking Mavs with you cool people!!
DAllA$ MAVS FINLEY#4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2004, 02:51 AM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Big Trade for Mavs

usually trade rumors are placed in the Trade and Draft Board. Until it happens, its just a trade rumor.

On topic: if we can get rid of Walker and he comprises a good portion of what it would take to get T-mac and we dont need to sacrifice Dirk, then I would do it.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 05:47 AM   #3
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

The idea of T-Mac, Nowitzki, Jamison, Nash, and Finley on the floor together makes me shudder. All great players, but not enough shots available for all of them. I don't want to see happen here in Dallas what happened to the Lakers this year.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 08:40 AM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Big Trade for Mavs

this is dumb....for the reasons that 55 just mentioned

dont make the same mistakes of 04 in 05......

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 08:48 AM   #5
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

If you bring in TMac; IMO, Finley, Jamison, and Walker need to go. You need somehow to get a defensive minded Center to play with Bradley. A lineup of Nash, TMac, Howard, Dirk, and Camby/Bradley/Chandler might do pretty well. Either way, too much offense with Finley, TMac, Jamison, and Walker; and not enough D.

If you could get TMac/Hill for Finley/Jamison + filler/money/2nd round pick or whatever, and get Chandler/ADavis for Walker/Delk. And sign Nash/Daniels. I would say it was a good offseason for the Mavs. IMO: If they could also sign TAG then with whatever is left over from the Daniels deal and/or Fortson, they would be set. Maybe sign Avery as another backup PG for the LLE.

Nash/Stefansson/AveryJ
TMac/Daniels
Howard/Daniels
Nowitzki/ADavis/Najera
Chandler/Bradley/TAG

IR: TAW, Hill

Not likely, but definately possible.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:19 AM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban already said he isn't interested in pursuing T-Mac. He won't ignore calls from Orlando involving trades... but he has little interest.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:35 AM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

get that pick and I'll be just fine

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 11:54 AM   #8
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Cuban already said he isn't interested in pursuing T-Mac. He won't ignore calls from Orlando involving trades... but he has little interest.
When was this said?
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 02:21 PM   #9
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202

Nash/Stefansson/AveryJ
TMac/Daniels
Howard/Daniels
Nowitzki/ADavis/Najera
Chandler/Bradley/TAG

Not likely, but definately possible.
This would be freaking awesome. Most of the offensive attention could be distributed among Nowitzki and TMac. Nash has never been a selfish player, he'd settle for more assists than points. The only problem is Don Nelson. Defense is still more important than offense, and getting him to play Howard without Howard dropping 20+ppg would be tough.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 03:17 PM   #10
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

The thing that I believe gives Dallas a better shot at McGrady than they might otherwise have is Mark Cuban.

T-Mac can see that Dallas is willing to go all out for their players. He doesn't have to worry about being surrounded by good players. He doesn't have to worry about not having help. But he can also come to Dallas as a savior. San Antonio belongs to Duncan. LA belongs to Kobe and Shaq. Houston belongs to Yao and will continue to become more inside oriented under Van Gundy. Dallas could be his team...I know the Mavs have Dirk and Nash, but McGrady would be the first option from day one. Here, he could have the best of both worlds.

But Dallas should have a pretty good shot at attaining McGrady (if they are interested) because of Cuban's willingness to take on salary in trades. If I'm Orlando, and I am forced to deal Tracy, I make sure that the team I deal with also take back Grant Hill's contract. You think San Antonio, Houston, Pheonix, or LA want to go down that road? But Dallas might...
Old 05-21-2004, 03:56 PM   #11
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I hear TMac and Daniels are friends...they both went to Mt. Zion Christian Academy
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 04:01 PM   #12
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

*Yawn*
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 04:08 PM   #13
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I hear TMac and Daniels are friends...they both went to Mt. Zion Christian Academy
and thats as close as tmac will ever be to the mavericks
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 03:36 AM   #14
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough

Nash/Stefansson/AveryJ
TMac/Daniels
Howard/Daniels
Nowitzki/ADavis/Najera
Chandler/Bradley/TAG

DALM ...I have done a pile of roster research, as to the player skills the Mavs need at various positions, and who is expendable. Your roster is pretty close to the optimum answer for the Mavs, if they could pull it off. It adds the skills they are lacking here and there, and subtracts the players that dont complement the nucleus of Nash-Nowitzki in the easiest way for team success.
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 03:36 AM   #15
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough

~duplicate hiccup~
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 09:25 AM   #16
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

PE;
I am impressed. After all the trade scenerios that I have posted, it only took just about 6 months for you to think a lineup that I posted was good.....LOL....

That really would be an awesome lineup though, and could compete with every different type team out there.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:03 PM   #17
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: DubOverdose
Yeah they are good friends and both worked out together last summer. After Daniels went undrafted last summer TMac gave him a call telling him that it wasnt going to be easy and to keep on working hard. I'm not sure how TMac and Dirk get along, (although I do remember an ESPN article inwhich they both shared the cover) but this could be a great foundation of talent and chemistry for our future.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 03:23 PM   #18
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

I have trouble buying into the notion that Orlando would be willing to part with TMac just so they can dump Hill's contract. Am I missing something, or is that the only motivation for Orlando to make a deal here? They are taking on two max-out contracts (Fin and Twan) in this scenario to boot. I guess they'd have a decent nucleus to add Okafor to the mix, but are they really willing to lose the marketability that TMac brings them? Orlando lost a superstar franchise player once, I don't see them willingly going down that road again.

Don't get me wrong, I think this would be a brilliant move (assuming the Mavs could add Chandler, et al.). I just don't see it happening.
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 03:41 PM   #19
ddh33
Platinum Member

In a perfect world, T-Mac could be a great fit in Dallas. But I really don't think it's going to happen.

To begin with, any trade with Orlando for McGrady is going to have to involve giving Howard (since Daniels won't be trade eligible) and taking back Grant Hill. If you can get around that, you still have to part with an important piece like Jamison or Finley while also losing your ammo that might have brought a big man (Walker). It's a high price...and Orlando still doesn't really get equal value. They lose star power and marketability. I would assume that Orlando would be able to get a better deal for T-Mac. The one thing Dallas has going for them is Cuban's ability to take on Hill's contract.

Just for fun though, how does this lineup look?
Ostertag
Nowitzki
McGrady
Finley
Nash
Daniels
G. Hill
Najera
Bradley
Fortson
Avery
Old 05-28-2004, 11:43 AM   #20
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Cuban's an idiot if hes not interested in T-Mac. the name of the game in NBA titles is two superstars. The mavs have one and one more might equal a title. We can add Dampier or Ostertag but with nellie they might not even get minutes. You can whine about not playing Bradley but hes a career underachiever. Hes not good unless he plays against Yao. Nellie plays the mismatch consistently. Nash with T-Mac and Dirk on the wings sounds like money to me. The mavs couldn't hit a shot in the fourth quarter, and struggled to score in low scoring trash games.

The T-Wolves have Kandiman, Johnson, and Madsen guarding shaq. Bradley, Fortson and Williams suddenly doesn't look that bad. The Mavs need a finisher a guy that you can put it in his hands and can give you 20 points in a quarter, and hit the game winner.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote