Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #201
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
Terry's getting a lot of blame, but I really think that was an awful call. How can you call that at that point of the game? But just like I said after the Game 1 loss, things like that ALWAYS happen when we play OKC. I'm just sick and tired of losing to that team at this point. If they were a team that was superior to us I would just accept it. But these guys are a team that beats us on bullshit shots and phantom calls.
I assumed he undercut him but on watching the replay he didn't. Jet did absolutely nothing wrong on that play. That is entirely and solely on the ref. hell there was significantly more contact on the next possession on dirk.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #202
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
I assumed he undercut him but on watching the replay he didn't. Jet did absolutely nothing wrong on that play. That is entirely and solely on the ref. hell there was significantly more contact on the next possession on dirk.
I would really like to see a replay of that play, I've been looking for one all day. I'm gunna head over to db.com and check if maybe one of those folks have it over there.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #203
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I would really like to see a replay of that play, I've been looking for one all day. I'm gunna head over to db.com and check if maybe one of those folks have it over there.
The only possible thing they could have called was forearm to forearm contact when they both went for the ball. The problem is that contact was directed toward the baseline and durant fell to the sideline. He flopped
Old 05-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #204
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with the naysayers after the Mavs win this series. Do they stick around and eat crow or just go away? Any guesses? Yeah, I'm still confident.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #205
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
It's going to be interesting to see what happens with the naysayers after the Mavs win this series. Do they stick around and eat crow or just go away? Any guesses? Yeah, I'm still confident.
Not a bad stance.

If you are right, the Mavs win and we are all happy.
If you are wrong, you are a true Mavs fan

On the other hand, if you bet against the Mavs

If you are right, you are right but you are an @##hole.
If you are wrong people force feed you crow.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:03 PM   #206
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

yep, down 0-2, cant defend shit, and chandler just named defensive player of the year.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #207
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Not a bad stance.

If you are right, the Mavs win and we are all happy.
If you are wrong, you are a true Mavs fan

On the other hand, if you bet against the Mavs

If you are right, you are right but you are an @##hole.
If you are wrong people force feed you crow.
That's an entirely circular argument.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #208
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
That's an entirely circular argument.
i know, right??!!

Erica, Do you understand that the world does not revolve around you and your do whatever it takes, ruin as many people's lives, so long as you can make a name for yourself as a mavs analytical expert!!!!! no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied along the way just so long so you can make a name for yourself as a mavs analytical expert!!! no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied along the way just so long so you can make a name for yourself as a mavs analytical expert!!!

Last edited by mav4ever; 05-01-2012 at 11:32 PM.
mav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:30 AM   #209
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The only possible thing they could have called was forearm to forearm contact when they both went for the ball. The problem is that contact was directed toward the baseline and durant fell to the sideline. He flopped
I agree, brother. It's time for us to get a win and start taking control of this series. Can't wait till tomorrow night.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:37 AM   #210
He15man

He15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to all

I'm so ready for the game on Thursday night, cannot wait!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:17 AM   #211
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav4ever View Post
yep, down 0-2, cant defend shit, and chandler just named defensive player of the year.
This hurts more than I am willing to admit. Fucking Chuck and his "The Mav's Heart is in NY"

Anyway I'm with purplefrog, getting this shit done tmrw night.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:02 AM   #212
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i know, right??!!

Erica, Do you understand that the world does not revolve around you and your do whatever it takes, ruin as many people's lives, so long as you can make a name for yourself as a mavs analytical expert!!!!! no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied along the way just so long so you can make a name for yourself as a mavs analytical expert!!! no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied along the way just so long so you can make a name for yourself as a mavs analytical expert!!!
wat
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #213
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
This hurts more than I am willing to admit. Fucking Chuck and his "The Mav's Heart is in NY".
Too bad the heart stopped beating in NY since they're more than likely going to get swept by the Heat. "Heart" is a ridiculously immeasurable way of judging a player or a team.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #214
sylvestian

sylvestian is a jewel in the roughsylvestian is a jewel in the roughsylvestian is a jewel in the roughsylvestian is a jewel in the roughsylvestian is a jewel in the rough

Chandler is not really missin´... were good defensivly...

backcourt comparism is off the charge...they shoot 57 %, we slightly 40%. Thats all
sylvestian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #215
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvestian View Post
Chandler is not really missin´... were good defensivly...

backcourt comparism is off the charge...they shoot 57 %, we slightly 40%. Thats all
bottom line: FALSE

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #216
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Nobody here "hates" the team.

We are disappointed after a loss and try to find reasons why it happened. That's all.
When did we elect an official "voice of the forum"? And who voted for this markus6789?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #217
mav4ever

EVERYONE REMAIN CALM, WE HAVE TO KEEP OUR COMPOSURE!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #218
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

Dirk for 40+ and the win tomorrow. And bam, we're in the same situation as during the finals series. Down 1-2 without HCA.

Life can be so simple, right?

Right?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #219
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41creepingdeath View Post
Dirk for 40+ and the win tomorrow. And bam, we're in the same situation as during the finals series. Down 1-2 without HCA.

Right?
Why do you think the Mavs win if Dirk drops 40?

The two losses have had nothing to do with Dirk and everything to do with the fact that Cuban has not put a good team around him.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #220
CaseyJones

CaseyJones will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41creepingdeath View Post

Right?
I know there was some joking in what you said but in all honesty, yes I think it can happen like that. Dirk is the kind of player (we saw this last year) that when his back is at the wall with something on the line he steps his game up and carries players on his back. Now if Dirk doesn't come out playing like that then somethings wrong, maybe its just lockout fatigue, but you never know. Same goes for JET and Kidd really. Our only problem will clear be the center position, does Haywood and Mahinmi have what it takes to step their game up?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #221
mav4ever

Quote:
does Haywood and Mahinmi have what it takes to step their game up?
they do not. they do not have a center.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #222
CaseyJones

CaseyJones will become famous soon enough

Quote:
they do not. they do not have a center.
Whats even worse about that statement other than the obvious is that we probably wont have one next year either. Cuban and Carlisle have too much faith in Haywood to actually get rid of him for a more effective center.
He's getting over 7mil a year for what? His turn around fadeaway? Or maybe it's his "never give up" mentality on rebounding?

He's 32 and cost too much. It's time to let go. I can see keeping Mahinmi because to be fair this is only his 2nd year of seeing decent minutes so he can still drastically improve and I can see definitely keeping Wright. But Haywood absolutely has to go. Especially since we've seen what a good center can do.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #223
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

In order for Dirk to score 40.... he will have to shoot the ball a lot more. I think he is capable of it but he will have to get in the Godlike Mode in quarters. For example, he could've went for 40 last game if he was semi aggressive in the 3rd quarter. But he only took 2 shots that quarter and only scored 4 points on free throws.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:30 PM   #224
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

We aint going out in 4. We are bringing the series to 2-2 and playing a best-of-3
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:10 PM   #225
Five-ofan
Guru

I think we win tomorrow because there's no way that Westbrook keeps making 15-19 foot jumpers at the clip he has. Honestly if he's going to make them like that, we are screwed. That said Carlisle also has to break down and play at least dirk 40+ mins. The fact that no one has played 40 mins in either game is a mistake
Old 05-02-2012, 11:20 PM   #226
Five-ofan
Guru

I think we win tomorrow because there's no way that Westbrook keeps making 15-19 foot jumpers at the clip he has. Honestly if he's going to make them like that, we are screwed. That said Carlisle also has to break down and play at least dirk 40+ mins. The fact that no one has played 40 mins in either game is a mistake
Old 05-02-2012, 11:37 PM   #227
mav4ever

Quote:
maybe they are gonna throw some shawn marion at westbrook. he can certainly contest those better than has been done so far
Old 05-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #228
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
maybe they are gonna throw some shawn marion at westbrook. he can certainly contest those better than has been done so far
And then Durant would go off. One of them is going to beat us. I'd rather just roll the dice and let it be Westbrook. As far as I'm concerned, I'm fine with him shooting all those pullups instead of driving to the basket. If he keeps making them like he has, oh well.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:53 PM   #229
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
The problem is we actually have to close out on Westbrook to make him miss. He's a much improved shooter from last season. I've been watching him nail jumpers and do his "Guns in Holster" celebration all season long. At first, I thought it was just an aberration, but after awhile I realized his jumper is legit now. I feel like the team thinks his jumper hasn't improved, because a lot of the time when Westbrook is shooting no one even bothers to try to close him out.

I want to see the team close out on him hard and frustrate him. I actually think Roddy is exactly the kind of guard that would bother Westbrook but you never know what you'll get with Roddy...Anyway, we need to make Westbrook work hard tonight. And I actually think Westbrook is vulnerable to getting his shot stripped, because his motion into his jumper is predictable.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:07 AM   #230
He15man

He15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to all

A nice video for tomorrow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdO9jsKlyAg

It was made after the Mavs went tied 1-1 to the Heat.

The series ain't over, and these guys are still the defending champs.

It's not over until its over.

LETS GO MAVS!

Last edited by He15man; 05-03-2012 at 11:28 AM.
He15man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:53 AM   #231
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by He15man View Post

It was made after the Mavs went down 0-2 to the Heat.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:52 AM   #232
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
Why do you think the Mavs win if Dirk drops 40?

The two losses have had nothing to do with Dirk and everything to do with the fact that Cuban has not put a good team around him.
I don't think there is a special correlation between Dirk dropping 40+ and us winning. Yet both things will happen tonight. Although I disagree. Sure, the loss is not on Dirk per se, but he is part of the team and automatically takes part of the blame. Had he made that wide-open three with 50 or 70 seconds to go, we would have won that game for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
I know there was some joking in what you said but in all honesty, yes I think it can happen like that. Dirk is the kind of player (we saw this last year) that when his back is at the wall with something on the line he steps his game up and carries players on his back. Now if Dirk doesn't come out playing like that then somethings wrong, maybe its just lockout fatigue, but you never know. Same goes for JET and Kidd really. Our only problem will clear be the center position, does Haywood and Mahinmi have what it takes to step their game up?
Agreed! Dirk will play his heart out.. and I reckon, Jet has to prove a lot of people wrong (again).
Old 05-03-2012, 07:29 AM   #233
thunderfan

thunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Maybe not, although a lot of those are right at the free throw line and he's shooting them almost uncontested. A clean look from 15 foot is a pretty high percentage shot for a lot of players. I'm surprised at Westbrook's lack of scoring at the rim. Dallas is keeping him away.
thunderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:31 AM   #234
thunderfan

thunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Terry's getting a lot of blame, but I really think that was an awful call. How can you call that at that point of the game? But just like I said after the Game 1 loss, things like that ALWAYS happen when we play OKC. I'm just sick and tired of losing to that team at this point. If they were a team that was superior to us I would just accept it. But these guys are a team that beats us on bullshit shots and phantom calls.
I don't know why they called half the crap they called all night - on both teams. The late game ones are going to stand out more, of course.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #235
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfan View Post
Maybe not, although a lot of those are right at the free throw line and he's shooting them almost uncontested. A clean look from 15 foot is a pretty high percentage shot for a lot of players. I'm surprised at Westbrook's lack of scoring at the rim. Dallas is keeping him away.
Hes shooting 60 percent on them and they aren't all clean looks. No one, not dirk larry bird or Mj makes 60 percent of those shots over a long period of time.

As for the calls, the thunder foul. Alot. As in they foul dirk more often then they don't. In fact I have yet to see a single possession where collision didnt foul when he's guarding dirk.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #236
Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker is infamous around these partsMidnight Toker is infamous around these partsMidnight Toker is infamous around these partsMidnight Toker is infamous around these parts

Westbrook has been making those all year though. Run to the basket, defenders have to stay off him a couple feet because of his speed, then he drops back and makes the jumper from the free throw line. Otherwise he'll just blow right by you.
Midnight Toker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #237
thunderfan

Quote:
Hes shooting 60 percent on them and they aren't all clean looks. No one, not dirk larry bird or Mj makes 60 percent of those shots over a long period of time.

As for the calls, the thunder foul. Alot. As in they foul dirk more often then they don't. In fact I have yet to see a single possession where collision didnt foul when he's guarding dirk.
Most of them in this series have been pretty darn clean looks. He's getting guys backpedaling and he elevates so much higher than his counterparts, he's getting some real good looks. 60% is a high percentage, obviously, but its not out of the question on a 15 footer where you're getting really good looks.

Last edited by thunderfan; 05-03-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #238
mav4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by He15man View Post
A nice video for tomorrow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdO9jsKlyAg

It was made after the Mavs went down 0-2 to the Heat.

The series ain't over, and these guys are still the defending champs.

It's not over until its over.

LETS GO MAVS!
to the best of my recollection the mavs have only gone down 0-2 and came back to win the series twice, and only once since the best of 7 first round format was started.

they went down 0-2 in the first round about 10-12 years ago to utah, and that was back when the first round was best of five. they came back and won 3 straight and moved on the the second round for the first time of the dirk, nash, finley era.

the other time was not too long ago. i think it might have been averys first playoff series as head coach (might be wrong about that),,,,,, against houston. that was a crazzy series because if i remember correctly neither team won a home game till the 7th game in dallas.

so:
houton won in dallas
houston won in dallas
dallas won in houston
dallas won in houston
houston won in dallas
dallas won in houston

and finally dallas won in dallas

also in that series mcgrady in one game scored like 50 points but wasnt the high scorer of the game. dirk had like 52.

any of the experts can verify if im remembering that right? or even close? im getting pretty old, lols.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #239
tc29

tc29 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
EVERYONE REMAIN CALM, WE HAVE TO KEEP OUR COMPOSURE!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjQZNAfxaTw
tc29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #240
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
the other time was not too long ago. i think it might have been averys first playoff series as head coach (might be wrong about that),,,,,, against houston. that was a crazzy series because if i remember correctly neither team won a home game till the 7th game in dallas.

so:
houton won in dallas
houston won in dallas
dallas won in houston
dallas won in houston
houston won in dallas
dallas won in houston

and finally dallas won in dallas
The first four games were won by the road team, and the last three were won by the home team.

Quote:
also in that series mcgrady in one game scored like 50 points but wasnt the high scorer of the game. dirk had like 52.

any of the experts can verify if im remembering that right? or even close? im getting pretty old, lols.
That did happen that year (McGrady 48, Dirk 53), but it happened in the regular season, not the playoffs.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mensesfan1000, need 4dn1, need aids too, underpants, underyourmom