Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 03-10-2018, 01:07 PM   #1
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Why? It wasn't a dirty play. Happens all the time. I'm no Grayson fan, but that wasn't a flagrant foul.
Taken in isolation it’s not the worst I’ve seen I agree. But as part of his larger body of work it just continues to show that rather than playing ball he’s initiating contact with guys in a way that is not for competition. He’s not going for the ball. He’s not running back and playing D. He’s not even trying to set a pick ( where a hip check might happen otherwise). I personally think it’s in his nature somewhere to just try to get away with stuff like that and it’s only a matter of time before he hurts someone or someone gets really pissed at him and rearranges his face.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 04:15 PM   #2
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

My revised Board

TIER ONE
1) DeAndre Ayton
2) Marvin Bagley - has been more consistent than Doncic; much is said about his outside shot but he's shooting 37% on two tries a game so far
3) Luka Doncic - advanced offensive game but wonder if his athleticism limits his ceiling

TIER TWO
4) Jaren Jackson Jr. - over Bamba because of range and has stayed healthier
5) Mikal Bridges
6) Michael Porter Jr. - love his offensive game and attitude, worry about his health and explosiveness
7) Mo Bamba

TIER THREE
8) Wendell Carter - steady and unexciting, probably better than he's made out to be
9) Gary Trent Jr. - has a well-defined skillset and consistent stroke; moves well without the ball -- reminds me of Klay Thompson but could just be another Wayne Ellington

TIER FOUR
10) Shai Gilgeous-Alexander -
11) Miles Bridges - upside depends on continued development as passer, shooter, and defender, only reason he's not off my board is he shows up in big games
12) Kevin Knox - similar issues as Bridges but with a lower floor

OFF MY BOARD
-Trae Young - redundant and game doesn't translate IMO
-Collin Sexton - redundant and his tunnel vision has convinced me he won't be any better than Elfrid Payton or Eric Bledsoe
Old 03-14-2018, 11:29 AM   #3
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
My revised Board

-Collin Sexton - redundant and his tunnel vision has convinced me he won't be any better than Elfrid Payton or Eric Bledsoe
Thank you. I dont get the hype. And Ive watched a ton of bama's games (Im from there). He's flashy, but he will not sustain what hes been doing in the NBA.