Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2011, 02:36 AM   #1
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future
Default Watching the FIBA U 19 league championship

I really love basketball so even if the competition isn't great (I watch quite a few high school games in SO Cal too) I watch it. Have gotten streams for most of the games.

Just some random observations:
Jonas Valanciunas- he is the real deal, he has dominate in every way possible on both ends, he isn't your typical EURO big except for the fact he is an excellent free throw shooter, is a great help defender and good 1 on 1 too. Has a high bball IQ and knows how to get position and use his size, and to fill lanes. Not a very good back to the basket player because he needs to gain strength but that will come with time

1 Player that I didn't hear anything about is Assem AHMED from Canada
Though the team was completley overmatched against Lithuania you could tell the 1 player that had the talent to compete was him, not sure if he is a legit NBA prospect for next year or what (believe he was born in 92), anyways he is about 6'9 210 so fairly skinny, ok athletisism but he was quick and relentess on the boards, must have had double digit rebounds, his offensive game looked solid when he had the oppurtunity to go 1 on 1 on the box, but Lithuania doubled and showed help early often

The 1 player that has disappointed is David Bertans for Latvia
Its hard to understand why his shot doesn't go in as often as it should, it looks to have perfect arc and has great form, his defense is meh but its good enough if his offense devolops like some think, he shot the ball really poorly and when that happened he got frustrated and took worse shots, he just needs to learn the game more, how to keep his cool, mature, and play smarter, he does have pretty good athletisism and looks to have a pure stroke even if it didn't go in often in the U19