Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-15-2008, 02:40 PM   #1
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future
Default Trade involving: Dallas, Sacramento, and Toronto

What do you think?

Dallas Gets:
Ron Artest

Sacramento Gets:
T.J. Ford

Toronto Gets:
Josh Howard

Why Dallas Does it: We get the defensive presence we need and a guy Carlisle has openly professed to love coaching. Having Artest and Kidd in the back court would mean a lot of defense and strength. Dallas could still try to deal Terry and or Bass for a starting 2 and we would have our MLE to use on Diop and another contributer.

Why Sacramento does it: They get the young speedy point guard they need to build around and capitalize on getting something back for Ron Artest instead of watching him walk a year from now. Right now their only point guards are Beno Udrih and Anthony Johnson and many fans Kings fans have discussed and are in favor of an Artest for Ford deal.

Why Toronto does it: Obviously, Toronto would love to have Josh Howard on their team and since their future PG is Calderon they will be looking to move Ford. Ford for Howard would be a fantastic deal for that team.

Edit: After Josh comes off his BYC (after the draft) and after Artest picks up his contract option then all of these salaries should come out pretty evenly, thus eliminating the need for including additional players here or there.

Scheduled salaries for next season:
Josh Howard: $9.95 mil
Artest: $8.45 mil
Ford: $8.23 mil

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 05-15-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2008, 03:14 PM   #2
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

I'm not sure the Kings really like that deal unless they're desperate to get rid of Artest.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:20 PM   #3
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Toronto may be willing to throw in the #17 pick as well. I could definitely see them exchanging Ford/#17 for Howard and I think Sacramento would oblige to an Artest for Ford/ #17 because it fits their rebuilding plan.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 05-15-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:41 PM   #4
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Nice trade. And i really think they will consider a trade, because they risk Artest to opt out of his contract and him going, for nothing in return...

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 04:35 PM   #5
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg
Nice trade. And i really think they will consider a trade, because they risk Artest to opt out of his contract and him going, for nothing in return...
But wouldn't they just rather trade Artest for Howard straight up? I know everyone on this board hates Josh Howard but I still think he's a far better player and more durable than TJ Ford.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:37 PM   #6
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

I agree. I don´t think another team is needed...

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; 05-15-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 04:41 PM   #7
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

They have Beno at the PG.

and Toronto would be getting a steal.
like others have mentioned, maybe add a 1st rounder from Toronto to Sacramento as well and it may work.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 04:52 PM   #8
Burn this City

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
They have Beno at the PG.

and Toronto would be getting a steal.
like others have mentioned, maybe add a 1st rounder from Toronto to Sacramento as well and it may work.
But the Kings also have a lottery pick and I'd rather take a younger, less fraile PG (DJ Augustin/Russell Westbrook) and get Josh Howard than take my chances that TJ Ford won't screw up his spinal cord again. But that's just me.

Last edited by Burn this City; 05-15-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Burn this City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:52 PM   #9
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Any team that takes on Ford is taking a huge risk, but without some picks or something else involved I don't see the Kings doing it. They would have a nice young core with Martin, Ford, Hawes, and their picks though.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:08 PM   #10
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I'm not sure if Sac would take the risk on Ford. They do seem pretty high on Beno as well. Toronto would have to throw that pick in, as well as something else.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:22 PM   #11
DIRKNOWITZKI

DIRKNOWITZKI is on a distinguished road

If this trade is to work, more players would have to be involved.

Toronto gets:
Josh Howard
Mikki Moore
Francisco Garcia
Sacramento's 1st round pick

Sacramento gets:
TJ Ford
Jerry Stackhouse

Dallas gets:
Ron Artest
Quincy Douby
Andrea Bargnani
DIRKNOWITZKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:38 PM   #12
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

double post :/

Last edited by Robillion; 05-15-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:39 PM   #13
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRKNOWITZKI

Toronto gets:
Josh Howard
Mikki Moore
Francisco Garcia

Sacramento gets:
TJ Ford
Jerry Stackhouse

Dallas gets:
Ron Artest
Quincy Douby
Andrea Bargnani

This guy has got to be a bit...

Every one of his trades are like 3+ people going each way, cmon now, heh... ... and why would it take more players? Especially that many, for the money to match up... Not to mention Sacramento would be straight up stupid if they took that deal. wow
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 03:39 AM   #14
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

josh is a base line salaried player so any team that takes him would have to return 1.25 times the salary.

meaning josh has to go for about 11 million even though he's on the books for 9.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:08 AM   #15
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman
josh is a base line salaried player so any team that takes him would have to return 1.25 times the salary.

meaning josh has to go for about 11 million even though he's on the books for 9.
Um no. Josh is a Base Year Compensation player until July. That means his trade value is 50% LESS than his actual salary until that date.

So Josh's trade slot is 4.5 million until the BYC expires July 1st.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:15 AM   #16
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

trade Josh for Artest?
um.. i dont think thats a good idea~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:16 AM   #17
Burn this City

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703
trade Josh for Artest?
um.. i dont think thats a good idea~
um...why~
Old 05-16-2008, 11:21 AM   #18
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRKNOWITZKI

Toronto gets:
Josh Howard
Mikki Moore
Francisco Garcia

Sacramento gets:
TJ Ford
Jerry Stackhouse

Dallas gets:
Ron Artest
Quincy Douby
Andrea Bargnani
Are you smoking crack?

Sacramento gives up Ron Artest, Quincy Douby and Garcia AND a 1st

to get Stackhouse and Ford???

so it was an uneven trade when they gave up Artest to get ford... therefore to make it MORE equitable they noy still get screwed taking Ford for Artest, but now theyt additionally give up Douby, Garcia and a first for freaking Stackhouse?

holy crap! How fortunate they must feel.

Edit, I didn't see that they were also sending out mikki moore... better yet

Last edited by mcsluggo; 05-16-2008 at 11:22 AM.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:09 PM   #19
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Sac is looking for a star, IMO.

They have Udrich so I doubt the want TJ.
They have Salmons which means they don't want/need Howard.
They have Miller and Moore and Garcia and Martin.

If they trade Artest, I would think it would take an All-star calibler player.

They have 5-6 good solid NBA players, but they really need a Star to remove the heat, and let the others do their thing.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:54 PM   #20
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't Kevin Martin average like 25 for them? and an efficient 25 too.

talk about underrated, this kid doesn't get enough credit IMO.

Contact Me
Old 05-16-2008, 05:04 PM   #21
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Sac is looking for a star, IMO.

They have Udrich so I doubt the want TJ.
They have Salmons which means they don't want/need Howard.
They have Miller and Moore and Garcia and Martin.

If they trade Artest, I would think it would take an All-star calibler player.

They have 5-6 good solid NBA players, but they really need a Star to remove the heat, and let the others do their thing.
Well, JHo is a pot-ential star.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:08 PM   #22
alby
Guru

They need legitimate bigs. IMO, their swingman positions are set with the Martin/Salmons/Garcia trio.

Contact Me