Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-16-2011, 01:07 AM   #41
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

@ all you expecting Roddy to be soooo huge for this team... I dont see it, but I hope you are rite.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:16 AM   #42
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

You guys should chill about Dirk's knee (not just SMC). He's a finely tuned professional athlete with the best medical treatment money can buy, and it's a knee sprain. He'll be fine.

Worry about the sh*tshow that is the team as a whole, not Dirk's knee.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:21 AM   #43
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Almost every single ass in that pic is sub-par or unimpressive.
I was thinking the same thing myself after posting it. The middle and right middle are quite nice though.. The point is.. we are critiquing asses right now rather than thinking excessively about how bad our basketball team is right now. I dont know about you, but I need all the help I can get. Bring on the asses. All kinds. Please.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:40 AM   #44
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
I don't think he'll disrupt the starting lineup unless Stevenson really fades,
Stevenson has sucked lately and he was horrible tonight... and Rick started Dojo in the second half (not that it did any good). So yeah, I think Roddy has an easy route straight to the starting lineup as soon as he's at 90%. There's no other choice. This team is horrible. Even if Roddy's horrible, he can't be much worse than Jason Terry or half the other guys getting extended minutes.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:45 AM   #45
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
Kidd and JET have been listless.
JET is at least still trying but he looks like a player who is pretty much done in this league as a real offensive threat.

Kidd... has looked like he cares less and less with every game and tonight he had more giveup in his eyes than any other player on the court. He's barely even trying out there... and even when he does he has nothing. His passes aren't even good. They've been mostly garbage for weeks now... off target, garbage.

A lot of the players on this team looked like they're starting to quit. Haywood quit long ago, Kidd is quitting, Stevenson looked lost and disinterested tonight... and apparently Dirk decided he didn't want to play anymore either.

I also don't think I've ever been this mad at Dirk. He's seen what this team went through without him, and even if he was playing terrible tonight at least he was back... and he got himself thrown out. I really think that second T was intentional, it was exactly what he wanted. I don't think he wanted to be out there and that's... almost unforgiveable (at least until the next time he scores 30). This team has never needed him more and Dirk bailed on them.

Last edited by JHT; 01-16-2011 at 04:45 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:51 AM   #46
JHT

Positives from tonight:

Only one. Can we please all agree now that Mahimi is a legitimate option for serious minutes? The guy is good and gets better every time he gets more minutes.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:59 AM   #47
Sitting Bull

Sitting Bull is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
Positives from tonight:

Only one. Can we please all agree now that Mahimi is a legitimate option for serious minutes? The guy is good and gets better every time he gets more minutes.
+1000
Sitting Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:35 AM   #48
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

That was some ugly offense. I wanna see how the team reacts next week. Go Mavs!
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:38 AM   #49
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
And Roddy is some fictitious person made up by Mav fans. Some Hungarian Mav got scared during the Mav game against SA and screamed out Roddy!
What? I'm hungarian. What's with that story?
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:25 AM   #50
Fragism

Fragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
Stevenson has sucked lately and he was horrible tonight...
Stevenson has had two bad games, give him a break.
Fragism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:27 AM   #51
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

This was the low point of the season. Now, if we steadily improve every game from now on we'll be in top shape in April.
You need to be in top shape to catch big marlins off the coast of Florida, you know...

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:15 AM   #52
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm...

Quote:
"It's all right. It's not great. I don't think I can really move that much."
Quote:
"I was running, I just couldn’t really move much, but I think my lungs were decent, I wasn’t too gassed. I just need to get the knee closer to 100 percent and then we’ll be OK."
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #53
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Mahinmi was a good last night. He did not play like a scrub...Obviously the minutes he gets will come at the expense of haywood and I'm okay with that. Haywood cannot be trusted at 30% ft% to play significant minutes. Wood is looking like a horrible signing right now. I understand why they did it, but Tyson has just made him so redundant and he just cannot seem to bring energy. He really doesn't have any offensive game right now either...Yuck..

Dojo was just what you'd expect only worse...he still cannot finish and he cannot shoot. He can get into the lane but he's not 10-20-50?? % of the finisher that even jjb is.

The team did look like they had a lot of who gives a rats ass out there..it didn't seem to translate defensively but good grief they cannot hit a shot to save their lives...

Yuck...

Dirk getting tossed was NOT a good, very stupid move but I don't think it was intentional. Dirk for being someone who is usually pretty stoic it appears is a pretty feisty guy when he gets frustrated.

Bad day at black rock.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 01-16-2011 at 10:10 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:24 AM   #54
frankvizza

frankvizza will become famous soon enough

i hope we can get rid of haywood , mahimi is 10 times the centre he is , time to make a trade lets find out who wants haywood and get rid of him ,,, , oh by the way any one on here thinks we should keep him don't fool yourselves he is brutal and i bet ajinca kicks his arse
frankvizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #55
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Hmm...
He's said that rehab and workouts aren't going to translate easily to an actual game. You take a different beating in games and your body is going to be doing things you can't necessarily plan for, it's just a part of the process.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #56
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
You guys should chill about Dirk's knee (not just SMC). He's a finely tuned professional athlete with the best medical treatment money can buy, and it's a knee sprain. He'll be fine.

Worry about the sh*tshow that is the team as a whole, not Dirk's knee.
What are you saying, that the team hasn't been playing superior basketball lately? pfft

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:48 PM   #57
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
What are you saying, that the team hasn't been playing superior basketball lately? pfft
Some analysts might say that.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:22 PM   #58
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

well.... of course our offense sucks right now...

we have 3 players on the team that can create their own shot. Dirk, Caron (even if im not a fan of his step back jumper) and roddy with his speed.

Our other guys are all feed-off of offensive guys.

Terry lives off of screens (which are non existant without dirk and chandler... haywood really doesnt set good screens because he is about as agile as a dump truck).

Kidd and stevenson live off of wide open threes which dont happen if you have to double noone on the mavs roster.

marion and chandler and haywood live off of openings dirk creates in the paint for passes down low.

barea can "create" but because he is 4'10 (which isnt his fault or anything... but still) he needs other guys to to draw defensive attention away from him because else he'll get blocked.

I wont even get into the end of our bench here.... they are all role players.

once caron got going we were quite good because we had one offenisve weapon on both side of the floor so the defense couldnt shift to clog up one side and because we have decent shooters if left wide open. even with dirk back alone this will not work well... can roddy fill the gap? we'll have to see.... but other than a trade he is the only hope for our offense.

Last edited by Lor20; 01-16-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:43 PM   #59
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor20 View Post
haywood really doesnt set good screens because he is about as agile as a dump truck).
Dampier's reputation is on the line!
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:27 AM   #60
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Lor20----- Good points. We were hot even before Caron started to play better. Remember when many were on his case and wanted to trade him. He just began to get integrated into the offense in time to compensate for Jets streak ending. But his value was being able to play within the offense by being selective in his one on ones.

Terry is Terry hot and cold. This team was built to complement JKidd. Thats why he had such big + rating. It just ran better with him on the floor. The same with Chandler. Most important they were complimentory to each other. The main cog though was Dirk. They complement him but he is more esential to them. Take him out of the line up and it all falls apart. There are few players who ever were as important to their teams as Dirk is to the mavs. Thats the problem. Put any other player on this team and they will not have the same impact. They would end up having to break it down and start from scratch. This wagon is hitched zu das Deutche Pherd and we can only see where it will take us.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:32 AM   #61
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Dampier's reputation is on the line!
Damps reputation could never be on the line. He is the standard by which everyone is measured. In fact Webster is in the process of changing the spelling of Dumpster to Dampster and the verb Dump to Damp.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analist