Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-18-2011, 10:22 AM   #81
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I think RIP himself is the bad deal. Turning 33 in a month with 34M extension. ooga.

Also, I'm not sure he solves our SF problem. He puts D-Steve at 3 and I'm not sure that's ideal either.

I do think you can get away with trading him straight up for CB.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2011, 12:13 PM   #82
DNowitzki41mavs

DNowitzki41mavs is just really niceDNowitzki41mavs is just really niceDNowitzki41mavs is just really niceDNowitzki41mavs is just really niceDNowitzki41mavs is just really niceDNowitzki41mavs is just really niceDNowitzki41mavs is just really nice

Im sorry but Im outside the US, what the players or carlisle or cuban said after the game? do they give interviews?
thanks
DNowitzki41mavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #83
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNowitzki41mavs View Post
Im sorry but Im outside the US, what the players or carlisle or cuban said after the game? do they give interviews?
thanks
RC said basically the effort is not there. In times like these when you're in a bad way you can't just get out because it's time to get out of it, you have to fight your way out etc. That sort of stuff.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:25 PM   #84
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
RC said basically the effort is not there. In times like these when you're in a bad way you can't just get out because it's time to get out of it, you have to fight your way out etc. That sort of stuff.
Throwing Kidd out there for 38 a night is not going to get anything done now or in June. Without Dirk and Caron these guys are going to be behind the 8 ball night in and night out.

You can always say RC's been given quality talent every stop he's been, but luck slaps him in the face, first the Detroit stop, where the pieces were in place, Indy was favored to win it all, then the Malice in the Palace and now the injuries to Caron and Dirk.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:32 PM   #85
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog80 View Post
Beyond just being an in-state rival - what evidence is there that they would be looking to move Martin period?

I know Chad Ford wrote an article about it a couple weeks ago, but that basically got torn apart with a jackhammer. The bottom line is that Martin actually has a VERY reasonable contract for his production.
I agree.. don't think Martin is going to move under any circumstance. Houston has no incentive to move him.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:32 PM   #86
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Throwing Kidd out there for 38 a night is not going to get anything done now or in June. Without Dirk and Caron these guys are going to be behind the 8 ball night in and night out.

You can always say RC's been given quality talent every stop he's been, but luck slaps him in the face, first the Detroit stop, where the pieces were in place, Indy was favored to win it all, then the Malice in the Palace and now the injuries to Caron and Dirk.
Dirk is back. You're acting like he's dead. The conversation changes drastically with Dirk being Dirk, and he sure was Dirk yesterday. The rest of the team still looked lost.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #87
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Not hard to imagine that were looking at 8 L's in a row :0

Old 01-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #88
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Not hard to imagine that were looking at 8 L's in a row :0
True...that was one of the reasons I didn't want to throw in the towel early against detroit... I was hoping they would rally at least somewhat to get some positivity going, instead they didn't rise to the occasion.

It's tough times in mavsland right now... As dirk says the line is thin between winning and losing....right now the line seems like the mississippi.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #89
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

No interest in Rip, God know. That guy is Terry bad these days.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #90
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
Dirk is back. You're acting like he's dead. The conversation changes drastically with Dirk being Dirk, and he sure was Dirk yesterday. The rest of the team still looked lost.
So it's pretty much, RC has lost the rest of the team except Dirk.

With Tyson back Wednesday, we should beat the Lakers and Bulls.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:10 PM   #91
SMC0007
Guru

Pull the RIP cord on RIP

Old 01-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #92
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Hey everyone, I haven't posted in a while. The team's play has been depressing to watch. I feel bad for our guys, I feel like the Caron injury really demoralized the Sh*t out of our team. I seriously think even though Donnie/Cubes want to wait for Roddy to return, something must be done soon. This simply is not an issue that will fix itself, and teams will only attack us harder if they see we're shorthanded/demoralized. And then, things could get really ugly.

I like Prince but I'm quite sure he is NOT the 2nd scorer we need. I think we should be looking hard at Jackson/Wallace/Iggy. I feel like Jackson can be a 2nd option but of course we would have to worry about Chemistry, shot selection, attitude etc. Yet, I think on the right team, he can be a very good teammate, hit clutch shots and bring toughness/defense. I like Crash Wallace, he plays hard every night. But his reckless style leaves him consistently hurt. However, if we could get a good deal for him...

Andre Iguodala is a very good defender/teammate but decent at best at shooting. I like that he's very athletic and can penetrate the defense. I think him and Roddy could terrorize the defense. However, I have no idea if the Sixers want to trade him. Hopefully, we can get one of those three guys without giving up too much. And btw, I'm not saying these are the only guys we should be pursuing. But to me, these are the best guys to fill the void left by Caron. Hopefully, something is done soon.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:56 PM   #93
DMOC

DMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of light

Kidd still played the most amount of minutes. UGH
DMOC is offline   Reply With Quote