Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-21-2011, 03:54 PM   #321
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Coming off of a high and traveling overnight can be a disadvantage though, right?
I guess it was, the obvious hustle stat for rebounds paints that picture clearly. When you get killed on the boards by 10, especially on the defensive end, I think we gave 17 of them, that's a lot of laziness, maybe tired legs.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #322
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
I guess it was, the obvious hustle stat for rebounds paints that picture clearly. When you get killed on the boards by 10, especially on the defensive end, I think we gave 17 of them, that's a lot of laziness, maybe tired legs.
The loss was not easy to take at first because you were hoping that the mojo could get back on track but it was clearly a case of getting the Lakers at the right time to avoid a full-blown meltdown.

The Lakers were piss-poor on defense and the Mavs had a very good shooting night from the perimeter. Their defense wasn't good but the Mavs had a hard time dealing with the length. The energy level was going to be up for that game and it's hard to battle right back the next night.

I'm also not buying the whole Dirk isn't ready shtick. Again, he's still going to need time to adjust to playing NBA basketball after being off for 3 weeks. And the shooting...How we forget the dude was shooting the lights out before the injury. Rust and an eventual drop - it was bound to happen.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:45 PM   #323
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Lost last time minus Boozer. Too many 2nd chance opps killed us. Outrebounded by 10. I mean we couldn't take advantage of a DRose BrickAThon, 9-28, come on , rebounding is hustle and effort. Granted its the 2nd of back to backs, but coming off the high of beating the Champs. Its inexcusable.
I'm not sure you know what that word means.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:47 PM   #324
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Well I'd pick and choose his spots but mostly he has been the SG. He's not the scorer yet. He has been impressive to me drive and kick tho and thats why I'd like to see if he can help there. If not fine, just don't once again waste a player over on the bench. It's better to know as we saw with Roddy last year and I don't think he has had enough a shot at PG to know anything. Seriously, as bad as JJB has been, how much worse can it get?
He'd be killed as point against a decent team. They would play 15feet off of him because he shoots 1/3 of the percentage that even jkiddo does.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-21-2011, 06:23 PM   #325
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Dojo isn't ready that is obvious, his best skill he can't even take advantage of (going to the rim, cause he doesn't know how to finish in the NBA YET)
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:34 PM   #326
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Next 5 games

@ NJ
Vs Clippers
Vs Houston
Vs Atlanta
Vs Washington

Last edited by mavs777; 01-21-2011 at 08:43 PM.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:40 PM   #327
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Next 5 game

@ NJ
Vs Clippers
Vs Houston
Vs Atlanta
Vs Washington
I just noticed that too - no reason we shouldn't win at least 4 out of 5.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:01 PM   #328
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Next 5 games

@ NJ
Vs Clippers
Vs Houston
Vs Atlanta
Vs Washington
First 3 are pretty well-spaced as well. Mavs have had a pretty busy schedule as of late. 6 games in the last 9 with 5 on the road, 2 back to backs and 3 sets of 3 in 4 days. All without dirk,caron for almost all and a sick tyson for 3 or so.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:16 PM   #329
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I'm not sure you know what that word means.
Inconceivable!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote