Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #41
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
I think UD meant SF in that post..
Oops, yeah - sometimes I over-edit my posts to the point where I don't notice obvious mistakes like that.

I expect Marion to put in most his time at the 3, so Peja will be the "starter" if Matrix is going to come off the bench with JET.

I'm pretty sure some soft, jump-shooting scrub from Germany is going to be playing a majority of the PF minutes...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-24-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2011, 01:58 PM   #42
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

I think we will go committee for maybe 5-7 games with a full roster. Think preseason, situational. It gives RC some options. But I think he will try to go back to our rotation when butler was healthy with Marion swinging between both 3/4. Sasha will start until he hits a cold patch, then Peja will be starting the rest of the season.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:23 PM   #43
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
The difference is that Rhylan wasn't purporting to offer you "helpful" criticism.

Are you sure you know what "grammar" is? This "serious flaw" you reference has absolutely nothing to do with grammar. Zilch.
We all find different things to be helpful. For instance, knowing that "grammar" has a broader meaning than simple sentence structure.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #44
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously...like people have said, you're beating a dead horse and taking away from the piece.

If you have an issue, PM me...otherwise, get over it.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 01-24-2011 at 03:55 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:18 PM   #45
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
We all find different things to be helpful. For instance, knowing that "grammar" has a broader meaning than simple sentence structure.
Grammar means rules governing the composition of sentences, phrases, and words. You can "find it helpful" to think it means something else all you want, but you would be wrong. You are talking about clarity, context, style, coherence, and macro-structure/organization. Not grammar.

And the reason I'm continuing to discuss this ridiculous minutia (sorry mods) is because it plays into this insistence that BG should "edit his pieces" more. I find that comment insulting and, frankly, completely out of line.

He made a stylistic decision to use a certain well-known idiom ("out of the mix") in a context that he assumed his informed readership would understand. No amount of editing would have "caught" that, because it's absolutely not a grammatical mistake of any sort. It was completely, 100% discretionary. You can disagree with his call if you like, but don't try to point me to a grammatical rule he violated, because there isn't one.

I'm done discussing this now. As far as I'm concerned, "take it to PM's" is only half the solution. The other half is not being pretentious and trying to frame it as constructive criticism.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 01-24-2011 at 04:25 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:22 PM   #46
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 01-24-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #47
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
I don't see Sasha being on the team past the trade deadline
I don't either actually. And I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's let go after the second 10-day affair.

If he is, does that mean he cannot be resigned or brought back for another 10-day? I'm not sure how the 10-days work.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:34 PM   #48
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
I think we will go committee for maybe 5-7 games with a full roster. Think preseason, situational. It gives RC some options. But I think he will try to go back to our rotation when butler was healthy with Marion swinging between both 3/4. Sasha will start until he hits a cold patch, then Peja will be starting the rest of the season.
I'm predicting that Peja starts tuesday instead of sasha.

Well screw me already...

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...medium=twitter
Quote:
The Mavs won’t be in any rush to get Stojakovic, who hasn’t played since Nov. 26 because of a knee injury, on the floor once he is officially on the roster. Coach Rick Carlisle basically ruled him out of Tuesday’s game against the Clippers and Thursday’s game against the Rockets.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 01-24-2011 at 04:41 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #49
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I'm predicting that Peja starts tuesday instead of sasha.
Stuff on ESPNDallas indicates he probably won't be ready to play at all this week....

Remember he's missed most of this year with a knee issue.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:38 PM   #50
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Rick's quote in Macmahon's article about Peja starting was interesting...

“I don’t know what that period of time is going to be, but I think it’s important to understand that this is not just simply a turnkey thing and now you’ve got a starter."

Wasn't Sasha starting basically a turnkey thing?

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...c-be-a-starter

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:39 PM   #51
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Remember he's missed most of this year with a knee issue.
Ah...see I'm not all caught up on the prognosis of Peja's knee this year.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:55 PM   #52
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I thought Rick's quote in Macmahon's article about Peja starting was interesting...

“I don’t know what that period of time is going to be, but I think it’s important to understand that this is not just simply a turnkey thing and now you’ve got a starter."

Wasn't Sasha starting basically a turnkey thing?

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...c-be-a-starter
Right but Sasha hasn't had a knee injury bugging him....it's all part of the process.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:56 PM   #53
AngieO41

AngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to behold

I tend to read here more than I post, but, I just wanted to say that all the petty bickering about stuff that doesn't matter is really turning me off. (Did I use that in the right context?) There are people here who are nice enough to give scoop almost AS IT'S HAPPENING and you can't be appreciative of that? Geez. Also, I didn't know that "aspiring to be a journalist" meant you have to have proper grammar and perfect editing.

So for now I'm out because It's boring and a waste of time to read a two page thread about a poorly written article from a guy who is a badass for taking the time to write it and share it with everyone. Later!

And no I won't let the door hit me on the way out.
AngieO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #54
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

/ragequit

Keep up the good work dude. While I was a bit confused with the sentence in question, I didn't find it worthy to harp on it.

On topic: it sure seems like we're patching up stuff again with less-than-ideal-players. Peja is a nearly useless defender, so I think we're really gonna have to pick our spots with when we play him. Since Carlisle is at the helm, expect him to play 35-40 minutes a night. :P

We have to make what we have work. If anything, one of them should be able to hold down the fort at any given time..... or at least we hope.

Last edited by bernardos70; 01-24-2011 at 05:29 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #55
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

so far we have the peja knee problem, the dirk knee problem, the butler knee problem, the carlisle knee problem, the roddy still in a coma problem, the haywood motivational problem, the chandler flu problem, the barea growth problem, and the marion sporadic nagging hip injuries or whatever it is that causes him to miss games here and there problem. glad to see this season is going smoothly
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:49 PM   #56
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
so far we have the peja knee problem, the dirk knee problem, the butler knee problem, the carlisle knee problem, the roddy still in a coma problem, the haywood motivational problem, the chandler flu problem, the barea growth problem, and the marion sporadic nagging hip injuries or whatever it is that causes him to miss games here and there problem. glad to see this season is going smoothly
Good list but don't forget the Kidd endless energy problem. What will we do with the man's tireless play? He is just vaccumming up all the minutes at the one. Not sharing with anybody!

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #57
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Good list but don't forget the Kidd endless energy problem. What will we do with the man's tireless play? He is just vaccumming up all the minutes at the one. Not sharing with anybody!
good one...

i also forgot about the cardinal receding hairline problem
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:56 PM   #58
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
the barea growth problem
Is another way of saying that:

Carlisle has a hard on for Voldeshort?
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:20 PM   #59
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Right but Sasha hasn't had a knee injury bugging him....it's all part of the process.
Hence the post right after that one.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #60
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Ah...see I'm not all caught up on the prognosis of Peja's knee this year.
I find it unacceptable that you don't know the injury status of every player in the NBA. Get out.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:08 PM   #61
DTown All Day

DTown All Day is on a distinguished road

i dont like the idea of starting Marion.

I dont know whats going to happen with all of the trades, but i think that after people get switched around things are going to be a little diffrent.
DTown All Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:26 PM   #62
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

Quote:
Will Mavs Small Forward Position Be By Committee?
i dunno.

probably.

Tags
thread kill