Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-19-2011, 06:25 PM   #41
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I gotta feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night
That tonight's gonna be a good night
That tonight's gonna be a good, good night
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2011, 06:26 PM   #42
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Or it could just be gas....
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:26 PM   #43
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
(For those that are repping me for the name.... I take no credit for it. Another poster bout a week ago came up with the name for me. And I do like it a lot better than "He who shall not be named" but... I am pretty damn stubborn.....)
No worries, I remember that and I repped him too (as I recall...).
Old 01-19-2011, 06:36 PM   #44
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I'm actually going to be stunned if the team doesn't pull out a major effort performance.
I expect major effort as well, but they are not yet far enough removed from the absolute shambles of the last 6 games, in terms of both execution AND effort being sub-par.

Any other team, even a Boston or Miami, and I'd be not-so-surprised by a Mavs win. I just see Kobe & crew coming in here with a mind to wreck shop and the Mavs aren't ready yet.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:49 PM   #45
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

F'em up good!!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:53 PM   #46
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
I expect major effort as well, but they are not yet far enough removed from the absolute shambles of the last 6 games, in terms of both execution AND effort being sub-par.

Any other team, even a Boston or Miami, and I'd be not-so-surprised by a Mavs win. I just see Kobe & crew coming in here with a mind to wreck shop and the Mavs aren't ready yet.
Lakers are expecting the Mavericks' best shot.

I think getting a good start will be key, even if we come back to regular surrender double-digit lead mode, because it will atleast get the team a groove which hasn't had a groove since Christmas or so..

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:54 PM   #47
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Lakers are expecting the Mavericks' best shot.

I think getting a good start will be key, even if we come back to regular surrender double-digit lead mode, because it will atleast get the team a groove which hasn't had a groove since Christmas or so..
Over the six-game losing streak, the Mavericks have averaged just 89.9 points and shot 44.1% from the field. Opponents have averaged 101.8 points and shot 48.7% from the field against the Mavericks. To further show the shooing woes, Dallas manged just 18 first quarter points in the loss at Detroit on January 17. It marked the third straight game they recorded fewer than 20 points in the opening period and they fell to 1-6 on the year when they fail to score 20 points in the first.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:02 PM   #48
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

The Lakers couldn't come at a better time. They will make the Mavs deliver what's been missing recently (besides Caron, Roddy and Tyson): effort.

Let's hope the effort will be enough to kick some yellow and purple ass. Go Mavs!
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #49
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

with dirk and tyson back i think we will look like a different team than we did the last 10 games.
that said.. you never know with the lakers... some days they play like ass... some days they play well...
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:33 PM   #50
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

For some odd reason I'm feeling a win, so I'm also thinking a win as well...if we start off hot and score more than 20 In the first Q like BG said then I'll feel even more confident...we do not have firepower to come from behind and play catch up... unless Kobe is having an off night

Another thing...isn't putting ESPN in the GDT title is some kinda bad mojo?...I hate watching Mav games on ESPN and will be watching the local broadcast as I always do

Last edited by Mav Addict; 01-19-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Mav Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:54 PM   #51
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

This is a win tonight. Book it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:56 PM   #52
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
It's the NBA, it can definitely happen.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #53
BGMaverick9
Guru

Sasha getting the START!

Kidd, Stevenson, Sasha, Dirk and Chandler

Sasha has 127 career starts but 0 since '08-09.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #54
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
That's what I'm talking about!!!!

Enough of this Duke crap, go mavs!!!
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:04 PM   #55
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

anybody have a link for this> having trouble finding one that works.
thanks!
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:04 PM   #56
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Man, I am pumped for this one!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:05 PM   #57
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Sasha getting the START!

mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:05 PM   #58
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Man, I am pumped for this one!
You are not the only one.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:06 PM   #60
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

http://atdhe.net/32813/watch-los-ang...llas-mavericks
Old 01-19-2011, 09:10 PM   #61
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sasha getting the START!

wow...
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:10 PM   #62
fluid.forty.one

Who cares about Melo? Let's get to the Mavs-Lakers.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:11 PM   #63
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sasha getting the START!

No surprise here, i actually thought it could be worth a shot so you have Jet and Marion together off the bench...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:11 PM   #64
mavs777
Diamond Member

Jon Barry is very stupid
Old 01-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #65
fluid.forty.one

Welcome back TC!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #66
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
No surprise here, i actually thought it could be worth a shot so you have Jet and Marion together off the bench...
I would still call it a slight surprise starting with Sasha, but as you said, now we have Marion and Terry coming from the bench.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #67
fluid.forty.one

Thats right Gasol. You bitch.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #68
mavs777
Diamond Member

DIRK!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:14 PM   #69
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Sasha getting the START!

Matrix looked good in the starting role for the most part, but was barely a factor in the last two games or so. Hopefully he can do some damage coming off the bench again. Gotta think that's more about looking at Sasha than Marion, though.

GO MAVS!!
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:14 PM   #70
mavs777
Diamond Member

Good curl
Old 01-19-2011, 09:16 PM   #71
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Gasol has a punchable face
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:17 PM   #72
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Way too many cheers when the Lakers do something... is this or is this not a home game?

Then again... maybe an away-game atmosphere is good for the Mavs. :P
Old 01-19-2011, 09:18 PM   #73
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

i love TC.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:18 PM   #74
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

we brick wiiiiide open threes...damn it
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:18 PM   #75
iella
Golden Member

Pavlovich getting no respect from the Lakers D...
Old 01-19-2011, 09:19 PM   #76
iella
Golden Member

Okay, waaaay too much passing there.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #77
xrobx
Diamond Member

lakers home game =\
Old 01-19-2011, 09:21 PM   #78
mavs777
Diamond Member

Deshawn has cooled off
Old 01-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #79
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Ason Kidd is pathetic and he is KILLING this team. He's already terribly missed 2 WIDE open threes and passed up several more because he's scared to shoot. LA isn't guarding him at all.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #80
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
Okay, waaaay too much passing there.
Because Kidd is scared to shoot.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote