Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #81
joemoeschmoe

joemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to all

OK. So, the crowd seemed lackluster at times, but a good 30%-40% of the seats were taken up by Lakers fans. F-ing bandwagon, annoying p of s's.

Dirk did more than the box score says. Many times he was doubled and someone scored easily off of a pass from the person he passed to.

Haywood sucks. Hard. Very Hard. Mahinmi please.

Side story: There were some totally classless Lakers fans there. A specific pair sitting behind me were talking really over the top sh-t CONSTANTLY up to midway through the 3rd ("F Dallas", "F the Mavs", etc repeatedly). Suddenly it slowed down. Hah. My friend told him to shut up or something (didn't hear exactly). For the rest of the game the Lakers fan kept telling him to go out to the parking lot with him -- presumably for some sort of homosexual activity.
joemoeschmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2011, 12:19 PM   #82
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the AAC was rockin!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #83
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Good for you...There are plenty of mavs fans who never leave no matter the score. They even stay and give them an ovation when they lose.

Also plenty of mavs fans wait until the teams has existed the tunnel before they leave.

Are you telling me that in Philadelphia where they average 13,000 fans in a 20,000 seat arena that everyone stays?
A tight game against the mighty Lakers or the hated Celtics and even when James was on the Cavs, hell yeah.

I went to the Sixers vs Dallas game last year which was about 90% full and that place was packed til the end even though Dallas wasn't very competitive (I was pissed) and the home team was beyond atrocious that year.

When the home team is playing against the marquee franchises and the ball game is tight, the home crowd should be the 6th man. Say what you want, but the road game against Portland in which Dirk hit the three and told the crowd to sit down, is what I wanted last night. It doesn't have to be every night, but last night definitely.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #84
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was reading over at BGs site from someone who went to their first mavs game. He also was railing that the cheering stopped when a timeout occurred!! OMG...

These are folks who are there every game, year after year after year, supporting this team. You'll have to excuse them if they don't want to yell and scream continuously for 3 hours 50+ times a year.

It was a good crowd last night...
Amen. The people who bitch about crowds at the AAC either rarely go to games or just use it as an HSO. I wasn't there last night, but that place definitely gets going when the situation warrants it. Even on weeknight games against Toronto in December.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #85
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemoeschmoe View Post
OK. So, the crowd seemed lackluster at times, but a good 30%-40% of the seats were taken up by Lakers fans. F-ing bandwagon, annoying p of s's.

Dirk did more than the box score says. Many times he was doubled and someone scored easily off of a pass from the person he passed to.

Haywood sucks. Hard. Very Hard. Mahinmi please.

Side story: There were some totally classless Lakers fans there. A specific pair sitting behind me were talking really over the top sh-t CONSTANTLY up to midway through the 3rd ("F Dallas", "F the Mavs", etc repeatedly). Suddenly it slowed down. Hah. My friend told him to shut up or something (didn't hear exactly). For the rest of the game the Lakers fan kept telling him to go out to the parking lot with him -- presumably for some sort of homosexual activity.
Rc loves his vets. Hopefully someone needs a big desperately.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:44 PM   #86
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know which game everyone else watched last night, but the AAC sounded loud to me, even on television - there were some huge cheers after those big shots in the 4th...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-20-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:42 PM   #87
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe because it was just the sound guy from ESPN turning up the mics...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:10 PM   #88
TNT

TNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to all

Quote:
I was reading over at BGs site from someone who went to their first mavs game. He also was railing that the cheering stopped when a timeout occurred!! OMG...

These are folks who are there every game, year after year after year, supporting this team. You'll have to excuse them if they don't want to yell and scream continuously for 3 hours 50+ times a year.

It was a good crowd last night...
NBA corud is lazy. 1-2 cheers and that's all.

This is a standing ovation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxAPggIvK2I

But nice win last night. I hope that we continue winning and thanks to league pass i'm able to see tonights game to. Just have to wake up at 3 a.m.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:34 PM   #89
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post

This is a standing ovation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxAPggIvK2I
The Mavs could do one time a season a "pyro night"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ndV-zZRVCA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piPrk...eature=related
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote