Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-23-2011, 05:13 PM   #241
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Kind of like playing the Bulls without Noah and Boozer? Oh wait.
The Spurs were 100% healthy when they played a Noah-less/Boozer-less Bulls squad, whereas the Mavs were missing Butler and Roddy...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2011, 06:43 PM   #242
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
It's been plain obvious Dirk isn't 100%. Anybody who thinks otherwise is plain trippin.
Yep
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:47 PM   #243
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
The Spurs were 100% healthy when they played a Noah-less/Boozer-less Bulls squad, whereas the Mavs were missing Butler and Roddy...
That's not my point. I just think it's a little ridiculous some posters here are trying to justify the Spurs record with "luck". That wreaks of jealously and resentment. Look, I hate the Spurs, but lets give credit where credit is due. That team is very very good and looks like the best in the West.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:51 PM   #244
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's not my point. I just think it's a little ridiculous some posters here are trying to justify the Spurs record with "luck". That wreaks of jealously and resentment. Look, I hate the Spurs, but lets give credit where credit is due. That team is very very good and looks like the best in the West.
yup...it's whistling past the grave.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:55 PM   #245
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For me, I have never said that they're a bad team and they're just lucky. They have a cast of characters that work together very well and play a high level of basketball. What I have basically said they have been very fortunate to avoid injures which is true. What other elite team can say they have been free of injuries or circumstances that have caused major players to miss major time?

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 01-23-2011 at 06:56 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:24 PM   #246
DTown All Day

DTown All Day is on a distinguished road

dirk needs to get it going. HOpe his knee is feeling better.

we need to make good runs! lets get it going!! GOoOOo Mavs!
DTown All Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:27 PM   #247
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think the two are exclusive. They are probably the best team in the West right now. They have, IMO, the best coach in the NBA. But they've still been lucky. They have an old core that hasn't missed any time due to injuries and they've faced several good teams missing top players.

Also, they got to play the T-Wolves like 19 times already.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:22 AM   #248
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I don't think the two are exclusive. They are probably the best team in the West right now. They have, IMO, the best coach in the NBA. But they've still been lucky. They have an old core that hasn't missed any time due to injuries and they've faced several good teams missing top players.

The Wolves phenomenon is analogous to certain college basketball players who I swear play like 7 years. Kyle Singler has been playing at Duke for at least 6.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:37 AM   #249
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Wolves phenomenon is analogous to certain college basketball players who I swear play like 7 years. Kyle Singler has been playing at Duke for at least 6.
I feel the same way about Kalin Lucas at Mich State.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:48 AM   #250
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking the same thing about David Lighty this weekend.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:16 AM   #251
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I've said the same exact thing to my Spurs buddies down here...

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:49 AM   #252
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
I feel the same way about Kalin Lucas at Mich State.
McCamey at Illinois too
Old 01-24-2011, 03:04 PM   #253
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
The Spurs have great regular season depth:

Jefferson
Duncan
Blair
Parker
Manu
George Hill
Bonner
Gary Neal
McDyess

They've also managed to avoid, major catastrophic injuries this year. so guys like Chris Quinn and Udoka can remain in their end of bench roles. After that, they still have Tiago Splitter in their hip pocket. Their big 3 are averaging 29-31-32 minutes this season. Playoffs start today, they probably take all the marbles, but they don't and April is a long ways away.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:19 PM   #254
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
They've also managed to avoid, major catastrophic injuries this year. so guys like Chris Quinn and Udoka can remain in their end of bench roles. After that, they still have Tiago Splitter in their hip pocket. Their big 3 are averaging 29-31-32 minutes this season. Playoffs start today, they probably take all the marbles, but they don't and April is a long ways away.
Udoka was waived weeks ago, but I get your point.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:51 PM   #255
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Tim Duncan just left to locker room with what appears to be a left knee injury.

He was seen going to the floor and clutching his knee.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:53 PM   #256
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Tim Duncan just left to locker room with what appears to be a left knee injury.

He was seen going to the floor and clutching his knee.
Honestly he is the 1 player on Spurs I don't like to see hurt, I know he whines but I have to respect the guy for how unselfish he is and maximizing all of his talents
Old 01-24-2011, 11:54 PM   #257
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Honestly he is the 1 player on Spurs I don't like to see hurt, I know he whines but I have to respect the guy for how unselfish he is and maximizing all of his talents
Apparently he's alright now, seen doing warmups before the second half begins.