Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dallas Sharpshooters are Making Progress

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki continued to rehab his right knee on Wednesday afternoon. He participated in practice, rode on the stationary bike and did running drills to continue building stamina. "I had a good rhyhtm there before I got hurt and now it's just about working my way back there, getting my stamina up, getting my legs back under me on the shot," Nowitzki said. "I don't feel like I have a lot of lift right now. Just keep on working, do a little extra stuff after practice, do some explosive stuff and hopefully I'll be back here soon." Additionally, Nowitzki worked on face-up low post moves and elevating for multiple dunks to help regain the lift that he had before the injury. The results have not mirrored the ones he had before the injury but Nowitzki believes he can get back into that rhythm.

Coach Rick Carlisle mentioned that Nowitzki was playing amazing basketball leading up to the injury. "During that period of time, he was the MVP (of the league) in my opinion," Carlisle said. "His value to us -- he’s priceless to us."

Carlisle understands that Nowitzki is going through a lot with his rehab. "The injury is a tricky thing because it takes time to get back and then once you get back on the floor, you’ve got to get through the conditioning aspect of it and then the conditioning of the actual injury," Carlisle said, "That’s been a 8-9 day process and we feel like we’re getting close to being back with him physically and mentally where he was."
you can read more at http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2011/1/...aking-progress
Old 01-26-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Good stuff man, good stuff.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:42 PM   #3
Axilla

Axilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of light

thanks bryan!

love mavsmoneyball
Old 01-26-2011, 09:55 PM   #4
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Peja is easily the better "shooter" than Dirk. But the major dufference though is Dirk is easily the better shooter while having to make difficult shots.

Every game, Dirk has to make bailout 3s, crazy one legged fadeaways, no look flips around the rim, etc etc. That is what makes Dirk so special. Dirk's degree of difficulty on his shots makes his shooting so special.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:02 AM   #5
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Peja is easily the better "shooter" than Dirk. But the major dufference though is Dirk is easily the better shooter while having to make difficult shots.

Every game, Dirk has to make bailout 3s, crazy one legged fadeaways, no look flips around the rim, etc etc. That is what makes Dirk so special. Dirk's degree of difficulty on his shots makes his shooting so special.
Peja is a better threepoint shooter, but not a better mid-range shooter.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:26 AM   #6
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Peja is better catch and shoot shooter probably
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:00 AM   #7
BUMP
Banned

BUMP is an unknown quantity at this point

Still not sure why we're bringing Peja in considering how good Pavlovic looked against the Lakers.
BUMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:51 AM   #8
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMP View Post
Still not sure why we're bringing Peja in considering how good Pavlovic looked against the Lakers.
I presume you're joking, given how silly that comment was lol.

Peja is definitely the better catch and shoot player, probably from anywhere on the floor. However, with a man defending him, peja isn't even in dirk's stratosphere. Dirk has far superior handles, pull up jumper, and post game, in addition to being a superior defender (says more about Peja's D than Dirk's).

However, Peja is going to be an extremely valuable asset for this team. Like Donnie was saying, Peja draws a defender as soon as he walks in the building. His ability to space the floor will be invaluable come playoff time. Defensively, I think that the Mavs should be able to mask some of Peja's defensive deficiencies through the implementation of our zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:58 AM   #9
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDirkulous Tyme View Post
I presume you're joking, given how silly that comment was lol.

Peja is definitely the better catch and shoot player, probably from anywhere on the floor. However, with a man defending him, peja isn't even in dirk's stratosphere. Dirk has far superior handles, pull up jumper, and post game, in addition to being a superior defender (says more about Peja's D than Dirk's).

However, Peja is going to be an extremely valuable asset for this team. Like Donnie was saying, Peja draws a defender as soon as he walks in the building. His ability to space the floor will be invaluable come playoff time. Defensively, I think that the Mavs should be able to mask some of Peja's defensive deficiencies through the implementation of our zone

WE don't need a F-ing artist. We need a ball player! My Gosh

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
spam