Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-13-2022, 09:09 PM   #1
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Wait, what? Did we watch a different game??? You bring up Frank's fouls but fail to mention his individual defense overall.

Trust me, if Kidd played Hardy the way some of you wanted in that game, he would have gotten EXPOSED by SGA and even Dort. (edit: shit, I'm adding Giddey and Joe to this)

"But he needs experience" -- yea, not that kind of experience...let the kid marinate just a bit guys. I'm willing to bet had Green been available, then it's Hardy getting first crack minutes and not Frank.

I think some are just in their feelings since Frank obviously can't do what Hardy does on the offensive end and he had some bad misses on wide open corner looks. I get it, but to unsubstantially dismiss Frank's play like that just cause we all want to see Hardy? Kid would have been fed to the wolves last night.
What we are saying is Hardy IS going to get beat as a defender sometimes and we can live with it because we are growing young players in the system with our other quality players in moments that have a semblance of meaning.

Acting like it's an absolute given that we are worse off with Hardy than Frank is a long reach. Frank played hard and had a cpl good moments but the hustle play to tie up for the jump ball was the only stand out play from him that I recall.

It's bigger than one game and there is no comparison between Frank and Hardy. Some can see it that way if they choose and Kidd can justify past comments by himself, Cuban and Nico because of the huge loss in the offseason and not being able to back fill JBs role.

Reiterating the big picture as far as im concerned. This team isn't as good as last years team, and we have at most a handful of guys total that aren't at their ceiling: Luka, Green, Hardy (maybe Wood and SD) too. We have to implement Hardy in more meaningful moments. I'm all for striking a balance of getting him more minutes while not crushing him with negative experiences but we are nowhere near that balance.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 10:25 PM   #2
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

As much as I'd love to see Hardy get minutes, I think Kidd was right on this one.
If THJ would have been out instead of Green, then yeah, put Hardy out there for more offense.

But Kidd needed another defender on Shai and Frank was the obvious choice imo. Mavs simply couldn't screw around and lose this game so go with the logical person.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 09:48 AM   #3
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Again, Shai shot 14-23, so yeah, did a great job defensively against him...sigh.

Here is where the strange divide seems to occur with how people view this team. I do not focus so vigilantly on offense vs defense. I focus on PLAYING THE BETTER PLAYER. That just seems so simple to me. Talent>everything else.

What happens is that players who haven't earned their minutes will get to play almost indefinitely because they "supposedly" play defense. But it almost doesn't matter if they play it or not, it's just the perception that they do.

Defense didn't beat the Thunder as they shot 48% from the field. We hit our threes and made fts.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 10:52 AM   #4
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Again, Shai shot 14-23, so yeah, did a great job defensively against him...sigh.

Here is where the strange divide seems to occur with how people view this team. I do not focus so vigilantly on offense vs defense. I focus on PLAYING THE BETTER PLAYER. That just seems so simple to me. Talent>everything else.

What happens is that players who haven't earned their minutes will get to play almost indefinitely because they "supposedly" play defense. But it almost doesn't matter if they play it or not, it's just the perception that they do.

Defense didn't beat the Thunder as they shot 48% from the field. We hit our threes and made fts.
Yea, cause Frank was on him all game...again, if you didn't watch the game, that opinion might hold water.

It's not about earning minutes, it's about playing the best matchups NOW

I'm honestly at a loss for words for the lot of you who would have just thrown Hardy out there. Kidd apparently agrees that him getting trashed on defense is a net negative for his development.

But muh eXpErIeNcE

Hardy will play in due time and be a LOT better for it for not just being thrust into situations where he would not have a good time. Trust me, I've been clamoring for more playing time and experience for the kid, this was not one of those games.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 12:22 PM   #5
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yea, cause Frank was on him all game...again, if you didn't watch the game, that opinion might hold water.

It's not about earning minutes, it's about playing the best matchups NOW

I'm honestly at a loss for words for the lot of you who would have just thrown Hardy out there. Kidd apparently agrees that him getting trashed on defense is a net negative for his development.

But muh eXpErIeNcE

Hardy will play in due time and be a LOT better for it for not just being thrust into situations where he would not have a good time. Trust me, I've been clamoring for more playing time and experience for the kid, this was not one of those games.
So now we're playing the didn't watch the game card and "muh experience"? Weak. Grow up if you want to keep having adult conversations.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 12:57 PM   #6
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Only the mavs cant have rookies get in the game for a few minutes of experience. We're on our championship run so theres no way a guy like Hardy can break the rotation.......
Old 12-14-2022, 02:58 PM   #7
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Only the mavs cant have rookies get in the game for a few minutes of experience. We're on our championship run so theres no way a guy like Hardy can break the rotation.......
No one's said that, but thanks for the contribution.
Old 12-14-2022, 02:57 PM   #8
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
So now we're playing the didn't watch the game card and "muh experience"? Weak. Grow up if you want to keep having adult conversations.
Grow the fuck up is classic coming from you and the few here who can't grasp simple concepts.

I'm of the simple understanding that we have a better chance at winning *that exact game* with Frank playing over Hardy so we can utilize a man on man and plus team defender with Green being out.

The ONLY argument is that Hardy getting no minutes is malpractice. I would tend to agree. But to shit on Frank for the benefit of wanting to see Hardy. Nah, fuck that.

I want to win games. If Hardy can come along and become a complete player then great. That's not what he is right now and that specific game would not have been productive to his experience or development or whatever the hell you want to apply to it.

But here we are in a "Fire Kidd" thread 27 games into the season complaining about a decision that ultimately won the game. The same hate shown here towards Frank is blatantly not shared by this staff and his teammates. You may not see it that way (hating on Frank) but it's definitely coming across as that more than whatever the desire to see Hardy more.
Old 12-14-2022, 11:27 AM   #9
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Well I guess you didn't watch the game because Frank was the Shai and frigging Lou Dort stopper. Without him we lose this game. He's been so crucial for us all season, hence the consistent minutes and undeniable contributions. You just don't understand next level coaching. Psh. The sooner you realize that Kidd is ahead of his time, the better fan you will be.

Old 12-14-2022, 11:47 AM   #10
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Well I guess you didn't watch the game because Frank was the Shai and frigging Lou Dort stopper. Without him we lose this game. He's been so crucial for us all season, hence the consistent minutes and undeniable contributions. You just don't understand next level coaching. Psh. The sooner you realize that Kidd is ahead of his time, the better fan you will be.
Slob on each other all you want, super cute.

Kidd was right in this match-up and you can't bring yourself to admit it.
Old 12-14-2022, 11:53 AM   #11
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Slob on each other all you want, super cute.

Kidd was right in this match-up and you can't bring yourself to admit it.
"Only took a few posters, but glad one of you showed up! Logic over feelings."

Lol. Ironic.

There is no logic in all the sudden championing Frank. We all watched the game and we didnt win because Frank saved the day. Feelings aren't hurt broham.

Old 12-14-2022, 03:01 PM   #12
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
"Only took a few posters, but glad one of you showed up! Logic over feelings."

Lol. Ironic.

There is no logic in all the sudden championing Frank. We all watched the game and we didnt win because Frank saved the day. Feelings aren't hurt broham.
How fucking dense. No one is championing Frank. But you lot are shitting on him when it doesn't warrant it. Your unwavering hate for Kidd is now collecting shrapnel and it's such a good look on y'all...
Old 12-14-2022, 03:55 PM   #13
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It was a tactical decision that didn't work out obviously, but I don't fault Kidd for making that decision.

Personally, I want to see a more long-term strategic move that would make Hardy become part of the rotation along with Green. Luka, Hardy, and Green are our only hopes for the future, so it only makes sense to start looking at them as the core of this team. Guys like THJ, DFS, Powell, Bullock and Maxi are going to keep us in perpetual mediocrity, so we have to take some type of risk to improve, even if that means taking a step back.
Then the FO adds insult to injury by throwing more average (or lower) players like McGee and Kemba into the mix.

As a fan, I'd be more than happy for the Mavs to go younger with the team as a whole.

Last edited by rimrocker; 12-14-2022 at 03:59 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 04:51 PM   #14
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
It was a tactical decision that didn't work out obviously, but I don't fault Kidd for making that decision.

Personally, I want to see a more long-term strategic move that would make Hardy become part of the rotation along with Green. Luka, Hardy, and Green are our only hopes for the future, so it only makes sense to start looking at them as the core of this team. Guys like THJ, DFS, Powell, Bullock and Maxi are going to keep us in perpetual mediocrity, so we have to take some type of risk to improve, even if that means taking a step back.
Then the FO adds insult to injury by throwing more average (or lower) players like McGee and Kemba into the mix.

As a fan, I'd be more than happy for the Mavs to go younger with the team as a whole.
I'd take it a step further and go for the starting lineup. Hardy has that upside especially if THJ follows his norms of hot and cold streaks and Hardy steadily improves.

As good as he is scoring, he can improve on passing and off ball, though that isn't as big as defense. He looks lost out there at times and I feel it's more something that will come with practice and time and THEN real game action. I really think he's not far and given another 50+ games this season it becomes a real possibility.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:48 AM   #15
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
As much as I'd love to see Hardy get minutes, I think Kidd was right on this one.
If THJ would have been out instead of Green, then yeah, put Hardy out there for more offense.

But Kidd needed another defender on Shai and Frank was the obvious choice imo. Mavs simply couldn't screw around and lose this game so go with the logical person.
Only took a few posters, but glad one of you showed up! Logic over feelings.