Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-01-2005, 05:19 PM   #81
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Finley to the Suns?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Lebanese_Fan
Can we stop talking about Finley? We have more important things to be concerned about.
Like??
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2005, 05:30 PM   #82
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Can we stop talking about Finley? On July 22, we will know whether he will be waived or not, and then we will wait a year and then start either bashing Cuban or saying he is a Genius for letting Fin go. Save some energy for later. We have already explored the situation more than Donnie and Don and Cubes and Avery.

On an ending note, I don't care if he stays or goes. If he stays, I am not paying the money, and if he goes, I will not be responsible for letting him go. I am just waiting to see what happens over the summer. We have more important things to be concerned about.
Well some of us DO care if he stays or goes. SOme of us who have been fans for his entire tenure here think its heart-breaking. I think its dreadfully heart-breaking from an emotional stand point. But I still think on a non-emotional level, which is what real ramafications will this team have. This topic actually is pretty new if you compare it to the whining and moaning of not having a center for years on end. Even the Damp topic was a huge "firey" topic. I don't see anybody bashing anyone. Sometimes decisions have to made, even if they are the hardest ones to make. Would you like to be the decision maker on Finley? Us season ticket holders ARE paying the money. I pay an extraordinary amount for just 2 tickets. I really don't have any idea then what was the point of that post, because everything you think is irrelevant, I take greatly to heart.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 05:31 PM   #83
Lebanese_Fan

Lebanese_Fan is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Finley to the Suns?

Free Agency. What will be done with KVH, Terry and Stack? Meaning will they be traded and how?

Also we must observe the summer league to check how the young guys are doing?

This is the future of Dallas, not an aging Finley that might or might not be waived.
Lebanese_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 05:36 PM   #84
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: DevinHarriswillstart
One note about Finley's past injuries LRB is that he takes too long to come back from them. Dirk has some horrible ankle injuries where you think his season is over, then suddenly comes back the next 2-3 games no problem. I feel like each injury takes a severe toll on Finley to where he never comes back to be the same player. Losing FInley won't be a drop off like losing Steve Nash. Daniels and Stack are capable 2 guards. When we lost Nash and had to rely on Devin Harris, I was a bit scared even as much as I love Harris. The main thing that matters is acquiring a player that will do well in the playoffs. Finley proved last year that he obviously isn't worth the money since he didn't come through then. Anyone thinking that his surgery will make him a changed man is probably a little too optimistic. Most players aren't the same after knee surgeries. I guess it's still wait and see though.
Not all ankle injuries are the same. It's unfair to compare Dirk's to Fin's just because they are ankle injuries. Personlly I've had ankle injuries where my ankle swelled up the size of a softball within minutes, but I was back running on it in a couple of weeks. I've had a bad one that took several months to fully recovers but didn't swell as much as the 1st. There are an incredible number of factors that go into ankle injuries.

However even if Fin is slow to come back, that no reason to pay him to play for the competition. He still has talent and still can be very useful.

And as far as comparing knee surgeries to ankle surgeries, well that's like comparing German's to Japanese, there is an incredible variety of each and you shouldn't sterotype them becasue they are all unique individuals. That Said, Fin's ankle surgery is not one that is supposed to be very tramatic and the prognois for a full and quick recover is very high.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:40 PM   #85
Lebanese_Fan

Quote:
Quote:
Can we stop talking about Finley? On July 22, we will know whether he will be waived or not, and then we will wait a year and then start either bashing Cuban or saying he is a Genius for letting Fin go. Save some energy for later. We have already explored the situation more than Donnie and Don and Cubes and Avery.

On an ending note, I don't care if he stays or goes. If he stays, I am not paying the money, and if he goes, I will not be responsible for letting him go. I am just waiting to see what happens over the summer. We have more important things to be concerned about.
Well some of us DO care if he stays or goes. SOme of us who have been fans for his entire tenure here think its heart-breaking. I think its dreadfully heart-breaking from an emotional stand point. But I still think on a non-emotional level, which is what real ramafications will this team have. This topic actually is pretty new if you compare it to the whining and moaning of not having a center for years on end. Even the Damp topic was a huge "firey" topic. I don't see anybody bashing anyone. Sometimes decisions have to made, even if they are the hardest ones to make. Would you like to be the decision maker on Finley? Us season ticket holders ARE paying the money. I pay an extraordinary amount for just 2 tickets. I really don't have any idea then what was the point of that post, because everything you think is irrelevant, I take greatly to heart.
I am simply more interested and concerned about what the MANY young guys will do. The Finley situation is a financial decision. All season I was looking at his contract and saying it is killing us. He is on a downhill. If you want the best for this team, you must look at this situation more un-emotionally. Embrace the young guys we have. We will not end up like Atlanta with no star and no reason to watch the team. The Future is soooo much more interesting and FUN.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:50 PM   #86
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Yeah the contracts killing us, so lets waive him and still pay it in full while he drains 3's on us in the playoffs playing for another contender.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 05:56 PM   #87
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I am simply more interested and concerned about what the MANY young guys will do. The Finley situation is a financial decision. All season I was looking at his contract and saying it is killing us. He is on a downhill. If you want the best for this team, you must look at this situation more un-emotionally. Embrace the young guys we have. We will not end up like Atlanta with no star and no reason to watch the team. The Future is soooo much more interesting and FUN.
What is more interesting and FUN about it?

Old 07-01-2005, 05:58 PM   #88
Lebanese_Fan

I enjoy watching players improve and develop. It is more fun to me. Especially if they were on the team i cheer.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:01 PM   #89
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

What is more interesting and FUN about it?
Reminds me of the Family Guy episode where Peter says, "A boat's a boat, but the mystery box could be anything. It could even be a boat!!"

EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 06:46 PM   #90
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

hehehe

Old 07-01-2005, 07:11 PM   #91
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I enjoy watching players improve and develop. It is more fun to me. Especially if they were on the team i cheer.

We will not end up like Atlanta with no star and no reason to watch the team.
But when they are past their prime you could care less, right?
I dont buy that watching players develop is what is most important to you. If it was then you wouldnt mind us being Atlanta because they had plenty of young guys for you to have FUN watching.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:15 PM   #92
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I enjoy watching players improve and develop. It is more fun to me. Especially if they were on the team i ch
I agree, I like a healthy mix. We have vets with Dirk, Damp, Jet, Van Horn, etc..but the best part of this team is the growth of our two sophs and our three freshmen. I think that is why last season was my favorite Mavs season since 95/96, we were damn good (3rd best in Mavs history) but we also start our rebuilding at the same time.

I guess that is why I like this core so much, I just like the players on this team. Raef is gone. Griffin is gone. Bradley appears gone, etc....the guys on this team are so much easier to root for. I miss Nick a lot, a whole bunch, but we can't have everything we want.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:36 PM   #93
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Free Agency. What will be done with KVH, Terry and Stack? Meaning will they be traded and how?

Also we must observe the summer league to check how the young guys are doing?

This is the future of Dallas, not an aging Finley that might or might not be waived.

If you don't like the conversation change the channel, start another thread. Not post just to hear yourself talk.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 04:29 AM   #94
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Sounds like you'd rather watch NBDL games than see a team seriously contend for a title. But I think most Mavs fans would prefer the mavs don't move towards the NBDL look and feel.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:30 AM   #95
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

Been there and done that, Cuban is the type of owner that won't ever let us get there again. As much as 27.97% of you want to think Finley being released hurts us, 70+% of us disagree. But we don't get to go off on anyone, we don't get to make an owner that sports the 2nd highest payroll int the NBA, only bested by the biggest market in North America, we don't get to make that owner sound like he is an idiot. Ofcourse, we know he isn't an idiot.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 08:14 AM   #96
LRB
Guru

Quote:
As much as 27.97% of you want to think Finley being released hurts us, 70+% of us disagree
are you quoting that totally unscientific survery the DMN again?

Well I got one just as good here Poll, and it says 37.0% think that we'll be just as good or better without Fin and 63.0% think that losing Fin will hurt us.

Why keep quoting such useless stats?
Old 07-02-2005, 12:44 PM   #97
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Okay so the mavs have the second highest payroll. Guess what when they waive finley they will have an even HIGHER payroll and less talent. Cubes "MAY" save some money but waiving fin wont' affect the payroll.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:35 PM   #98
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

good grief what is the deal with this thread. See the problem with things like this is whenever someone starts cussing or being stupid people automatically bring out the age thing and say he is just a teenager or something to that effect. I am a teenager and i hate that we get labeled as idiots just because some people who may or may not be teenagers themselves are idiots. On the idea of cuban not being responsible for the mavs winning. You sir are an idiot if you think that cuban had nothing to do with the mavs becoming a winning franchise. Ever here of a culture of winning. It starts at the top. Cuban wouldnt except losing also he gave nelly the ability to take a chance on a 19 year old german and a young canadian who both stunk it up in their first year. Many owners would have fired nelly for not taking pierce. Instead we waited and dirk ended up being the best player in his draft and nash a top 5 pg. We may not be Champions yet but we are definately not 15-25 win teams either.

Ps. I find it difficult to call any SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE an idiot, or ass clown, or whatever else you said.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote