Old 10-01-2006, 08:08 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Galveston, TX Municipal Golf Course

Yep. Hole in one baby.

Par 3 #17.

Career Ace #3.

6 Iron 178 yard beauty. Never hit the green. Fly in the hole.

Leader in the clubhouse at a -7 65. Tomorrow is key.

I still have wood.

Last edited by Drbio; 10-01-2006 at 08:12 PM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2006, 09:27 PM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm amazed at how often those balls stay in the hole. Hell, if I as much as hit the pin from ten yards off the green, it's guaranteed to bounce ten feet out. But you can fly it in there from 178 and it just dies? Makes no sense to me.

Congrats on the shot, though. Was this your first?

By the way, I'm impressed with any round that far under par on a muni course. The greens are generally so ragged that it's hard to roll anything in.

Last edited by chumdawg; 10-01-2006 at 09:33 PM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:53 PM   #3
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Congrats Doc, very impressive!

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 11:34 PM   #4
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I love Glen Campbell
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:54 AM   #5
Drbio
Banned

chummy- Ace #3.

THis is a very challenging course and you are correct....tough greens, etc.
Hitting the fiarways with a decentsecond shot s key, which I did very well today.

Final round coming up tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:09 AM   #6
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Godspeed, my fair soldier. I don't know what kind of tournament you are playing it, but I would surely imagine that seven under the first day would put you Tiger-esquely comfortably in the lead. No?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:38 AM   #7
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Doc. Is this how you are saving the world from the terrorists' biological weapons?

Seriously, I used to play golf quite a bit and one time I got a hole in one

of my sleeves when I was trying to find my ball underneath some bushes.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:05 PM   #8
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Congradulations Doc! I'm so impressed, and certainly overjoyed for you! Hope you continue to have much success with your game!

LOL @ UL's "hole in one of my sleaves".
Old 10-02-2006, 08:54 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Wooo hooooo!!!!!

I won. The alcohol is flowing freely and I am late but I was checking my email etc and thought I'd chime in again. Today was a more realistic even par 72. Final score was a respectable minus 7, 137. Won by a single stroke.

Pass the boooze.....woo hoo!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2006, 09:05 PM   #10
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Wooo hooooo!!!!!

I won. The alcohol is flowing freely and I am late but I was checking my email etc and thought I'd chime in again. Today was a more realistic even par 72. Final score was a respectable minus 7, 137. Won by a single stroke.

You little tiger-wood wannabe!! Congratulations!!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:11 AM   #11
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

i knew there would be thread about this haha =]

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:12 AM   #12
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

i dont know if you remember doc, but this time last year i made a thread asking questions about the basics of golf because i was really wanting to get into it

and i thank you my friend
i love the game

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:44 AM   #13
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

ya know doc, an ace isn't that big of a deal!, ive had lots of holes in ones...(cough),(cough)...at mini golf
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:33 AM   #14
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

That is some impressive shit there drbio. I play my share of golf and know it would be completely impossible for me to break par EVER ,much less in a tournament. Wow.

Quote:
Wooo hooooo!!!!!

Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:57 AM   #15
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wooo hooooo!!!!!

Just another excuse to pass the booze.........
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:17 AM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Thanks everyone.....to say the least today is a little harder than the last two. We got back to the hotel at about 2:30am and then there was a room party until who knows when. I went to my room at about 4. What a hangover.

I'm swearing off booze until the next time.